• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mackel

Hosting

Rate this topic

53 minutes ago, mackel said:

Funny, but it's a serious question... Detroit seems to be constantly passed over.

An original 6 team, new building, could use an even for fan engagement, etc, etc.  Yet still no talk of hosting the draft or ASG.

You do realize that there’s still a team in the desert that hasn’t been profitable since it’s relocating back in the mid 90s?

6 hours ago, mackel said:

And your point?

It’s the old boys club - aka the Board of Governors...There’s no rhyme, or reason to what they want...So if they choose to have the draft, or all star game in a non-traditional market - then so be it.

That said - I agree that 1, of the 2 should be held in Detroit.

52 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Why don't the Red Wings get to host the draft or ASG? Simple answer: It's in Detroit.

Forgive my ignorance since I don't pay too much attention to the NFL/Super Bowl...But how was the the Super Bowl when Detroit hosted it back in '06?

14 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Forgive my ignorance since I don't pay too much attention to the NFL/Super Bowl...But how was the the Super Bowl when Detroit hosted it back in '06?

They briefly turned the power back on in a lot of vacant buildings and spruced up their exteriors to make it look like Detroit was doing business and wasn't a dilapidated crap hole.