• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

AWOOOOO GDT - 3/8 - Yotes @ Wings - Filip Vrana is back

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Do you honestly believe that any 'good' free agents want to sign in Detroit under the current circumstances?

Right, like Torts makes any real difference. We're gonna be bottom feeding on UFAs again. Sigh.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Do you honestly believe that any 'good' free agents want to sign in Detroit under the current circumstances?

Kinda the point. Team is already losing any desirability for free agents already. Let's not make it worse by bringing in a coach that no one wants to play for.

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Kinda the point. Team is already losing any desirability for free agents already. Let's not make it worse by bringing in a coach that no one wants to play for.

Players would rather play on a winning team instead of a losing team with a 'friendly' coach.

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

We are neither. I think Torts would make a great Assistant Coach. But I would seriously worry about an "us or him" locker room scenario if he was ever HC.

No way will Torts ever become assist coach (too big of an ego) at the NHL level...I like the fact that he's likely to be transparent with the players and calls them out...If that's too harsh - well so be it.

I'm weary of the Wings looking disorganized, and  unmotivated under Blashill.

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

No way will Torts ever become assist coach (too big of an ego) at the NHL level...I like the fact that he's likely to be transparent with the players and calls them out...If that's too harsh - well so be it.

I'm weary of the Wings looking disorganized, and  unmotivated under Blashill.

That style of coaching gets old real quick tho. At least Babs had the trophies to justify it.

Just now, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That style of coaching gets old real quick tho. At least Babs had the trophies to justify it.

Torts won the Cup in Tampa circa 2004 and has done a commendable job overall elsewhere...Yeah he may not be fun to play for, but personally I don't care what the players think - I want them to win games.

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Torts won the Cup in Tampa circa 2004 and has done a commendable job overall elsewhere...Yeah he may not be fun to play for, but personally I don't care what the players think - I want them to win games.

You're not supposed to like your coach

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

One trophy actually.  The Cup in 2008.  

Riding a cheater goalie to the Finals in 2003 was his only significant trophy before Detroit.  It's revisionist history to assume Babcock won countless trophies.  

Edited by GMRwings1983