• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Yzerplan Problems

Rate this topic

The biggest problem I see right now is quantity over quality at Center, Defense, and Goalie.

Stamkos (9 mil)/Veleno (2 mil)/Danielson (1 mil) vs. Compher (5)/Copp (5)/Rasmussen (3)

Lindholm (11)/ Edvinsson (1)/Johansson (1) vs. Chiarot (5)/Petry (2)/Holl (3)

Husso (5)/Reimer (3)/Lyon (1) vs. Hellyebeuck (9)/Cossa (1)

We have an abundance of TRASH supplemented with more trash right now.  I'd rather have a small amount of stars supplemented with high draft picks.  

Post your Yzerplan flaws here.

1. Should not have traded Hronek

2. Should not have traded for Petry

3. Should not have signed Holl

4. Should not have traded for Kostin

5. Should have sold Ghost, Perron, and Sprong

6. Should not have traded up for Cossa

7. Should not have hired Lalonde

2 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

The biggest problem I see right now is quantity over quality at Center, Defense, and Goalie.

Stamkos (9 mil)/Veleno (2 mil)/Danielson (1 mil) vs. Compher (5)/Copp (5)/Rasmussen (3)

Lindholm (11)/ Edvinsson (1)/Johansson (1) vs. Chiarot (5)/Petry (2)/Holl (3)

Husso (5)/Reimer (3)/Lyon (1) vs. Hellyebeuck (9)/Cossa (1)

We have an abundance of TRASH supplemented with more trash right now.  I'd rather have a small amount of stars supplemented with high draft picks.  

Post your Yzerplan flaws here.

Dude, for the zillionth time Steven Stamkos hasn't played center in years and wasn't good at it when he did. That's why they moved him to the wing. He didn't play center during any of their Cup runs and has no value there. I agree we need quality centers, but he's not one.

Edited by kipwinger

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Dude, for the zillionth time Steven Stamkos hasn't played center in years and wasn't good at it when he did. That's why they moved him to the wing. He didn't play center during any of their Cup runs and has no value there. I agree we need quality centers, but he's not one.

Examples are just examples.  You fill in the blanks.

10 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Stamkos is a trained center. He won two Richard trophies playing center. Coop switched him to either wing when Cirelli emerged as a top6 center in 2019. And Coop literally says he did not want to move his young centers away from their natural positions, but trusted his vet in Stamkos to move away from his and adjust. Stammer still takes a boat load of their faceoffs, and often gets inserted back to center when injuries occur, when line shakeups occur, and on the fly.

This notion that Stamkos IS NOT a center because he plays the bulk of the season at wing these days is totally misleading. He was even listed as a top30 center in the league THIS YEAR, by one of those publications.

I also suspect Coop prefers to keep Cirelli and Point down the middle because they are FAST. Stammer isn't slow, but he's slower than them after his knee surgery. And wing is much more stop and go than the constant movement of a center.

I am A-Okay signing him to play wing. But this implied notion that Stammer CAN'T play center is gobble de ****.     

2 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Stamkos is a trained center. He won two Richard trophies playing center. Coop switched him to either wing when Cirelli emerged as a top6 center in 2019. And Coop literally says he did not want to move his young centers away from their natural positions, but trusted his vet in Stamkos to move away from his and adjust. Stammer still takes a boat load of their faceoffs, and often gets inserted back to center when injuries occur, when line shakeups occur, and on the fly.

This notion that Stamkos IS NOT a center because he plays the bulk of the season at wing these days is totally misleading. He was even listed as a top30 center in the league THIS YEAR, by one of those publications.

I also suspect Coop prefers to keep Cirelli and Point down the middle because they are FAST. Stammer isn't slow, but he's slower than them after his knee surgery. And wing is much more stop and go than the constant movement of a center.

I am A-Okay signing him to play wing. But this implied notion that Stammer CAN'T play center is gobble de ****.     

Lots of people CAN play center. I never said Stamkos CAN'T play there, I said he's not good at it. No surprise that Tampa stopped getting humiliated in the playoffs and started winning Cups once he was moved to the wing.

Also, since when you do care about hockey journalists' points of view? I've noticed you doing this a lot lately. Rail against the hockey media and then talk about Selke voting as if guys like Corey Pronman and Scott Wheeler aren't doing the voting. Either they're fools who shouldn't be listened to or they're credible. Pick one.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

Lots of people CAN play center. I never said Stamkos CAN'T play there, I said he's not good at it. No surprise that Tampa stopped getting humiliated in the playoffs and started winning Cups once he was moved to the wing.

Also, since when you do care about hockey journalists' points of view? I've noticed you doing this a lot lately. Rail against the hockey media and then talk about Selke voting as if guys like Corey Pronman and Scott Wheeler aren't doing the voting. Either they're fools who shouldn't be listened to or they're credible. Pick one.

No you didn't. You said "Steven Stamkos hasn't played center in years" which is patently false. 

I like when Scotty moved Fedorov to D because Feds wasn't good at playing center at all.

I just think the athletic is overrated as fuq, and dumbies treat it like gospel. But what do you think? Are they correct about Stammer, or are they fools?

5 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

https://www.nhl.com/lightning/player/steven-stamkos-8474564

I emailed NHL.com and let them know Kip said Stammer is a Wing.

Look doofus, if you're dying to win an internet argument about whether Stamkos can play center (despite hardly ever doing so) then go nuts. However, if you sincerely want to make the point that we need an upgrade at center (like your original post tries to do) then Stamkos isn't your guy. You decide what you're trying to accomplish here.

3 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

No you didn't. You said "Steven Stamkos hasn't played center in years" which is patently false. 

I like when Scotty moved Fedorov to D because Feds wasn't good at playing center at all.

I just think the athletic is overrated as fuq, and dumbies treat it like gospel. But what do you think? Are they correct about Stammer, or are they fools?

Okay, I'll caveat it. Stamkos has not CONSISTENTLY played center in years. You win.

If either of you think signing him to play center on THIS team RIGHT NOW is a good idea you're on crack. That's my actual point here.

Edited by kipwinger

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Look doofus, if you're dying to win an internet argument about whether Stamkos can play center (despite hardly ever doing so) then go nuts. However, if you sincerely want to make the point that we need an upgrade at center (like your original post tries to do) then Stamkos isn't your guy. You decide what you're trying to accomplish here.

Okay, I'll caveat it. Stamkos has not CONSISTENTLY played center in years. You win.

If either of you think signing him to play center on THIS team RIGHT NOW you're on crack. That's my actual point here.

16 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Already answered you

9 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Remember when Datsyuk played Wing on Zetterberg's line?  It was because Datsyuk was not good at C.

Love how Kip can go from the smartest guy on here to being highly regarded.

1 minute ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Remember when Datsyuk played Wing on Zetterberg's line?  It was because Datsyuk was not good at C.

Like yesterday. Babs said "Datsyuk is not good at center at all, maybe now with him at wing we will actually win some cups".

I remember because I was like whoaaaaaa Babs is sucha smart coach

Then when the Athletic listed Dats as one of the best centers of all time I was like NO COREY WRONGMAN, Datsyuk hasn't played center in yearsssss

Just now, Scott R Lucidi said:

I actually don't. I remember Zetterberg on Datsyuk's wing. Datsyuk broke in at center and played there more or less without interruption for his whole career. If anything I'd argue that Zetterberg was more like Stamkos. He achieved all his best career seasons on the wing AND never won a Cup at center.

I actually don't. I remember Zetterberg on Datsyuk's wing. Datsyuk broke in at center and played there more or less without interruption for his whole career. If anything I'd argue that Zetterberg was more like Stamkos. He achieved all his best career seasons on the wing AND never won a Cup at center.

Muh dood... Dats played a healthy amount of LW throughout his career

4 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Like yesterday. Babs said "Datsyuk is not good at center at all, maybe now with him at wing we will actually win some cups".

I remember because I was like whoaaaaaa Babs is sucha smart coach

Then when the Athletic listed Dats as one of the best centers of all time I was like NO COREY WRONGMAN, Datsyuk hasn't played center in yearsssss

I actually was SO ADAMANT about Datsyuk's decline as a C, that when NHL.com changed his "C" to an "F", I flew to Toronto and forced the IT department to make it a "W".  

2 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Muh dood... Dats played a healthy amount of LW throughout his career

He won two Cups at center (played in three) and certainly played more at that position than at wing. Neither of those things are true of Stamkos. Stamkos has played the majority of his career at wing and all of his Cup runs were played there. He's neither been a frequent center nor a successful one.

Edited by kipwinger

Just now, kipwinger said:

He won two Cups at center (played in three) and certainly played more at that position than at wing. Neither of those things are true of Stamkos. Stamkos has played the majority of his career at wing and all of his Cup runs were played there. He's neither been a frequent center or a successful one.

Patently false. Majority of his career has been at C, as well as it being his natural position. And he won two Richard trophies in that position. Keep reaching. 

3 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I actually was SO ADAMANT about Datsyuk's decline as a C, that when NHL.com changed his "C" to an "F", I flew to Toronto and forced the IT department to make it a "W".  

Yeah I know I suggested C/LW

1 minute ago, Troy McClure said:

Patently false. Majority of his career has been at C, as well as it being his natural position. And he won two Richard trophies in that position. Keep reaching. 

Yah, Kip is writing his own history here.

Just now, Scott R Lucidi said:

Z centered Dats and Holmstrom for a good amount of time.

Those times don't count. Because Dats played the majority of his career at C... like Stamkos lol

1 minute ago, Troy McClure said:

Cooper moved him to the wings in 2015. Five years into his career. That was nine years ago. I'll grant you that he may have played center here and there along the way, but he has never played center consistently under Cooper. Also, he won Cups on the wing. He won Richard trophies at center. One of those things is demonstrably better than the other.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nhl/news/coach-cooper-explains-why-stamkos-is-a-winger-now

Just now, Troy McClure said:

Those times don't count. Because Dats played the majority of his career at C... like Stamkos lol

I remember around 2002-2004, we had 8 or 9 forwards who were centers up to the NHL level.  Yzerman, Feds, Larionov, Brown, Draper, LaPointe, Maltby, Dats, Zetterberg, Dandenealt.

Cooper moved him to the wings in 2015. Five years into his career. That was nine years ago. I'll grant you that he may have played center here and there along the way, but he has never played center consistently under Cooper. Also, he won Cups on the wing. He won Richard trophies at center. One of those things is demonstrably better than the other.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nhl/news/coach-cooper-explains-why-stamkos-is-a-winger-now

And moved him back to center in 2016, 2018, 2021...

1 minute ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I remember around 2002-2004, we had 8 or 9 forwards who were centers up to the NHL level.  Yzerman, Feds, Larionov, Brown, Draper, LaPointe, Maltby, Dats, Zetterberg, Dandenealt.

But how does this prove Stamkos is terrible at center?