• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KronwallCRUNCH

Robert Lang

Rate this topic

You must have watched a different game. Lang played emotionless and turned the puck over in key moments. Did you see his escapades towards the end of the game?

Sure did.. and would it have even mattered if lang got the puck out of the zone to allow Hasek passage to the bench? The wings don't do jack with the extra man... Moot point IMO

Sure did.. and would it have even mattered if lang got the puck out of the zone to allow Hasek passage to the bench? The wings don't do jack with the extra man... Moot point IMO

Of course it is a "moot point IYO," anything that doesn't concur with your blind defending of Lang is.

You're right, the same can be said about Hasek for not attending practice, but Hasek has performed well this year- he hasn't been a constant thorn in the side of productivity like Lang has...but hey, what do we (all of the posters on this thread) know?

I am not saying it's a good point. I agree that even if Lang had been better towards the end we still would have lost the game due to other reasons.

However, for the money Lang makes and the amount of skill and experience he has, he presents himself quite terribly these first four games. I'd rather see a minor leaguer play his heart out than Lang's lackluster style of play. It's bad to have people with a lack of attitude on the team during playoff time.

I am not saying it's a good point. I agree that even if Lang had been better towards the end we still would have lost the game due to other reasons.

However, for the money Lang makes and the amount of skill and experience he has, he presents himself quite terribly these first four games. I'd rather see a minor leaguer play his heart out than Lang's lackluster style of play. It's bad to have people with a lack of attitude on the team during playoff time.

So what you are saying is get rid of everybody so far in these playoffs or atleast in these last 2 games, right? I can get on board with the decision.

Edited by OsGOD

So what you are saying is get rid of everybody so far in these playoffs or atleast in these last 2 games, right? I can get on board with the decision.

Yeah, because everybody has been a lump on a log all playoffs long. Lang sucked just as bad in game 1 and 2 as he does now. The same can't be said for the rest of the team.

Why are you bring up the money he makes? That was Pre-cap and not given by the wings... His play currently doesn't represent his pay, obviously. Skill, what did you expect when we got him... the next Crosby? He hasn't done anything in his career to make you think he should play any different for you. Basically you are bashing him because he is NOT living up to YOUR inflated skill level you believe he should have?

Yeah, because everybody has been a lump on a log all playoffs long. Lang sucked just as bad in game 1 and 2 as he does now. The same can't be said for the rest of the team.

Do tell why it can't... Please I am dying to hear your reasoning behind this statement. There are many others with MORE SKILL producing A LOT less than Lang.

Edited by OsGOD

Why are you bring up the money he makes? That was Pre-cap and not given by the wings... His play currently doesn't represent his play, obviously. Skill, what did you expect when we got him... the next Crosby? He hasn't done anything in his career to make you think he should play any different for you. Basically you are bashing him because he is NOT living up to YOUR inflated skill level you believe he should have?

Um. Lang was a leading scorer before he came to Detroit- Maybe THAT IS WH people expect something from him. The talent is there, the effort is not. You're so cute...you and your blind support for a no-effort has-been.

Why are you bring up the money he makes? That was Pre-cap and not given by the wings... His play currently doesn't represent his play, obviously. Skill, what did you expect when we got him... the next Crosby? He hasn't done anything in his career to make you think he should play any different for you. Basically you are bashing him because he is NOT living up to YOUR inflated skill level you believe he should have?

Do tell why it can't... Please I am dying to hear your reasoning behind this statement. There are many others with MORE SKILL producing A LOT less than Lang.

err...Lang was the league leader in points in the NHL (or 2nd most i think) when we acquired him....

err...Lang was the league leader in points in the NHL (or 2nd most i think) when we acquired him....

And so he was given a different roll on our team... your point?

Whitney lit it up on the BJ's not so much with us and then once again this year....

Cheli was a SOB fighter leading his team in scoring when we got him.... Doesn't seem to score on our team now.

Players assume different rolls on different teams. Get over it.

Whitney lit it up on the BJ's not so much with us and then once again this year....

Cheli was a SOB fighter leading his team in scoring when we got him.... Doesn't seem to score on our team now.

My point is that your argument about how we shouldn't expect results from Lang because he isn't skilled is clearly wrong.

Why bring Cheli into it? Is Cheli here to produce points?

Is Whitney even on our team anymore?

What is Lang's role on this team, if not to produce points?

Is that not why we traded for the LEAGUE LEADER in points? It certainly wasn't for his outstanding defensive skills.

Was Whitney a 1st line go-to-guy when he was in Detroit?

Sorry, Chelios was not "leading his team in scoring" with 34 and 42 pts the 2 years prior to Detroit getting him...Also wasn't an "SOB" fighter. Why don't you just go back to his early years, because we both know it's fair to compare a 20 year old to a 45 year old!

Yet another flawed argument by you. I've actually grown quite bored with your baseless and inaccurate accounts of the Red Wings, and NHL history in your last post, so this will be my last response to you. Enjoy your crusades while the rest of us watch from afar, in the real world.

just wanted to add my two cents to the argument... i think Lang sucked tonight. He played as if Monday morning is way too far into the future for a tee-time. I wish Babcock would grant him his wish and bench him... I just don't get why Babs puts him out there during key situations. i'm tired of Langs sow cows and triple-lutzes. The dude just plain doesn't give a crap. "Oh, there's the puck... meh, you take it... I want a 10 from the judges."

My point is that your argument about how we shouldn't expect results from Lang because he isn't skilled is clearly wrong.

Why bring Cheli into it? Is Cheli here to produce points?

Is Whitney even on our team anymore?

What is Lang's role on this team, if not to produce points?

Is that not why we traded for the LEAGUE LEADER in points? It certainly wasn't for his outstanding defensive skills.

We got him to set up plays (which he still does in the Post season, regardless of if you recognize it or not)

We already had a ton of quality goal scorers on our team when we acquired him... Lang was just an add on. Obviously he wasn't going to be our team leader nor get the first line ice time.

I brought cheli into this to show you how just because a player is something on another team (i.e. lang being a league leader) doesn't mean they will be that on our team.

Was Whitney a 1st line go-to-guy when he was in Detroit?

Sorry, Chelios was not "leading his team in scoring" with 34 and 42 pts the 2 years prior to Detroit getting him...Also wasn't an "SOB" fighter. Why don't you just go back to his early years, because we both know it's fair to compare a 20 year old to a 45 year old!

Yet another flawed argument by you. I've actually grown quite bored with your baseless and inaccurate accounts of the Red Wings, and NHL history in your last post, so this will be my last response to you. Enjoy your crusades while the rest of us watch from afar, in the real world.

I was actually talking about the 95-96 season with 72 points... but by all means do stop your stats at 2 years prior :)

And lang is the go-to first line guy on the wings? Hmmm I thought that was pointless Zeta's job to be the go-to #1 line player. Lang produces enough for one person... The other members of the team... should be more than capable of pulling up the slack.

Finally you are bored... that took much longer than I thought.

You guys expect me to believe your analysis of Lang...you don't even get OsGod, ha ha.

He's not a homer. His favorite player is not a Red Wing. He is pretty much a fan of hockey, not necessarily of the Wings...they are just his home team. I'm pretty sure he doesn't even really like Lang that much, but the Lang bashing is just plain annoying to him...and you are just fueling his fire. And the more you fuel it the more long winded he gets...I'd just give up if I were you.

And to OsGod...I'd just give up because they don't even GET IT.

You guys expect me to believe your analysis of Lang...you don't even get OsGod, ha ha.

He's not a homer. His favorite player is not a Red Wing. He is pretty much a fan of hockey, not necessarily of the Wings...they are just his home team. I'm pretty sure he doesn't even really like Lang that much, but the Lang bashing is just plain annoying to him...and you are just fueling his fire. And the more you fuel it the more long winded he gets...I'd just give up if I were you.

LoL... yeah, I really was not one to get all orgasmic about lang when we got him much like the other coveters on this board. I could take him or leave him... that bashing is annyoing and way over done.

I am off to bed... Everyone else... keep scapegoating so that you don't have to wallow in your self-pity after tonights game.

Guest RobertLang

Hey guys and ladies- it is me Robert Lang. i do not know why you say i suck all of the time? i just want to collect my paycheck and do as little work as possible like the rest of you! cheers from calgary. see you back in detroit!! :0)

LoL... yeah, I really was not one to get all orgasmic about lang when we got him much like the other coveters on this board. I could take him or leave him... that bashing is annyoing and way over done.

I am off to bed... Everyone else... keep scapegoating so that you don't have to wallow in your self-pity after tonights game.

that is what i am talking abouts!

Lang sucks , he's old and he doesn't care.But... Did you see his girlfriend? I wouldn't care much about hockey if I was nailing a ***** like that either!

Hey guys and ladies- it is me Robert Lang. i do not know why you say i suck all of the time? i just want to collect my paycheck and do as little work as possible like the rest of you! cheers from calgary. see you back in detroit!! :0)

that is what i am talking abouts!

I have been called your mother... Get your ASS to bed Mr. No more computer for you!

Lang sucks , he's old and he doesn't care.But... Did you see his girlfriend? I wouldn't care much about hockey if I was nailing a ***** like that either!

:rolleyes: as a noob.... heres to hoping you get a HIGH post total.

Guest RobertLang

I have been called your mother... Get your ASS to bed Mr. No more computer for you!

You called my mother? She is in Czech Rep.! Must be expensive!

Anyway, I do not quite feel like going to bed. I have lots of unused energy from tonight's game- ate two powerbars in the 2nd intermission and didn't skate very hard ;0)

I think I'll go do some sprints on the red mile

Cheers!

Anyway, I do not quite feel like going to bed. I have lots of unused energy from tonight's game- ate two powerbars in the 2nd intermission and didn't skate very hard ;0)

Cheers!

Is it true you love turkey?

Cheers!

No... Bobby.... THIS IS YOUR MOTHER! I don't care what you say... GET YOUR ASS TO BED!

Go die in a corner Lang, hurry it up already