• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Zednik traded to Islanders

Rate this topic

good deal for the fishsticks there...

weirdly enough i can see them going at least a round in the playoffs....dunno why

They've built a team of cast offs and own products that plays with good aittude and relentlessness.

A perfect example of a model team that - IF it makes the playoffs - have all the ingredients to do well there.

If DiPi can continue playing well, they have a huge chance of upsetting a top seed.

Anyone else think acquiring Zednik is a sign of Blake leaving??? With Yashin coming back and getting Zednik they have made pretty much two trade deadline pick-ups for the run (even though Yashin isn't really a pick-up its just that they are getting him back into the lineup) and they have an unsigned unhappy Blake that can be moved...

I hope to have him in a Wings jersey by Friday's game.

Because Ted Nolan is one of, if not, the best coaches in the league?

that...and i really like Di Pietro (apart from the contract)

+ they're totally under rated..i really think they'll suprise whoever they get in the 1st round

Very good pick up.... Another one the Wings could of acquired cheap.

I've seen you suggest it at least a dozen times. What other ideas do you have up your sleeve?

Our 2nd round pick is considerably less valuable, and the draft isn't terribly deep to begin with, based on the lukewarm hype.

Oh, and Zednik isn't exactly the ideal gritty power forward, he's more of a quick, shifty, skilled, easily pushed around player. And in my opinion, not much of one.

Anyone else think acquiring Zednik is a sign of Blake leaving??? With Yashin coming back and getting Zednik they have made pretty much two trade deadline pick-ups for the run (even though Yashin isn't really a pick-up its just that they are getting him back into the lineup) and they have an unsigned unhappy Blake that can be moved...

I hope to have him in a Wings jersey by Friday's game.

Or by Tuesday... ish.

And again, he's not particularly gritty from what I've seen. Maybe a few decent hits. One of the best we could do, I suppose. But look what Atlanta and Nashville gave up for similar talent...

Guest Crymson

Very good pick up.... Another one the Wings could of acquired cheap.

Could have.

Again, there is undoubtedly a reason why Holland did not do this.

Or by Tuesday... ish.

And again, he's not particularly gritty from what I've seen. Maybe a few decent hits. One of the best we could do, I suppose. But look what Atlanta and Nashville gave up for similar talent...

We would have to make the trade today for him to be in Tuesday's game, so I said by Friday not to get my hopes up...

He isn't gritty but he digs hard in the corners, always gives 200% and can put the puck in the net, which as much as we all say we need size not scoring, our first line is the only one scoring so I wouldn't mind a scorer for the second line either.

Could have.

Again, there is undoubtedly a reason why Holland did not do this.

Because he knows if we acquired Zednik nobody on the LGW board would want to bash Lang anymore because he'd only be 2nd laziest and kinda suck behind Zednik who is from what my Habs fan family says is just as lazy...

So they got rid of Zhitnik and go out and get Zednik. :lol:

Okay I find it funny at least!

:lol: You're so funny.

So more arrows pointing to Blake packing his bags? Someone mentioned that earlier. I would allow him to come here. :P

I don't get why Zednik signing would mean blake is leaving... if anything i think it means the Islanders are serious about making a run for the playoffs, and they would for sure need their leading scorer for that.

Because Yashin is on his way back too, and Blake really wants to be re-signed or traded and Zednik serves as a replacement for Blake so that they can make the run...It may mean they are serious and will keep Blake too, but I think it is pointing towards Blake out the door, Snow will get an offer Wang can't refuse and Wang will override Snow again like he did for Ricky Dee and do things himself...

Isn't the trade deadline tomorrow? That's why I say Tuesdayish.

Yeah, we meant the same thing, just said it in different ways...

I wonder what number he would wear if he came here, unless Kronner gave his number up...

Does anyone remember over the summer before the Habs traded Zednik when there were Datsyuk for Zednik rumors...

Yeah I'm glad that didn't go through...

Does anyone remember over the summer before the Habs traded Zednik when there were Datsyuk for Zednik rumors...

Yeah I'm glad that didn't go through...

Nope, that was Lang for Zednik. Then Lang for Souray.. then basically Lang for everyone on Montreal at one time or another.

Nope, that was Lang for Zednik. Then Lang for Souray.. then basically Lang for everyone on Montreal at one time or another.

Okay I thought it was Datsyuk but now I do remember it being Lang...Thanks Lou...

Still I think that shows what we would get for trading Lang...and because of his success in the playoffs I think we should just keep him...