• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cruiser008

Detroit Pistons (and NBA) Playoff Thread

Rate this topic

As a basketball fan, regardless of team allegiance, a Pistons/Pacers series really appeals to me for all the reasons you listed, BlueMonk. If they reinstated Artest for just this series, it'd be, like, bohemoth!

The Celtics and Pacers are going to a decisive Game 7. More time to rest for the Pistions (esp. Prince).

Did anyone watch that game last night? I did, and I thought it had a great finish to it. The entire series has been quite interesting to watch. I'm hoping that Boston can defeat them in game 7 because I feel we'd match up better to them than the Pacers, and also the Celtics are a very less phsyical team. I will try and watch as much of game 7 as I can on Saturday, because I'll be working...if I can't see any of it, I'm just going to root for the Celtics and then have to check ESPN or the papers...

Also, did anyone see who won the Dallas-Houston game last night?

I'm glad the Pistons won in 5 games..that gave Tashaun more time to rest, along with the entire roster in general, so when they play either Indiana or Boston, they will be well-rested and ready to go!

Be prepared to blame me for a couple Pistons losses. You see...every playoff game I went to last year, the Pistons lost. And I'm going to games 1 & 2 of the Pistons/Pacers series on Monday and Wednesday. So yeah...we're doomed to lose.

My buddies got so paranoid/superstitious last year that they actually forbid me from going to any of the NBA finals games against the Lakers! LOL

Be prepared to blame me for a couple Pistons losses. You see...every playoff game I went to last year, the Pistons lost. And I'm going to games 1 & 2 of the Pistons/Pacers series on Monday and Wednesday. So yeah...we're doomed to lose.

My buddies got so paranoid/superstitious last year that they actually forbid me from going to any of the NBA finals games against the Lakers! LOL

So THAT'S how we won....

Was wondering, considering we didn't have any big name players....

Sloppy game tonight. I hope Detroit realizes that their talent isn't enough to get by if they don't play 'the right way' (unlike Miami, SA and Phoenix, who can win even when they're not playing well.) mad.gif

This seems to be a recurring theme here, but where do you guys get the notion that Pistons are underdeveloped in terms of pure talent? I know how much their strength is the system, but come on, Rasheed was The Guy on some very talented Portland teams and is taking a lesser role for this system. Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billups are both borderline All-Stars, and Tayshaun Prince and Ben Wallace are ridiculous individual defenders. Frankly, the Pistons have the most daunting starting five in the league, it's just the shallow bench that can be cumbersome (an aside: are they running seven deep with McDyess and Arroyo the only guys getting significant minutes off the bench?) It's either misplaced modesty or a whiny persecution complex, but this "We've got to play 110% to win" business is a bit off.

Did all that work to get back in the game, up by one, and Rasheed takes a STUPID shot. Down 2-1 now, I'm really concerned.

I'm not, every team has to overcome adversity before they become Champions, happened last year, and I knew it'd happen this year. We were down 3-2 to New Jersey and came back, we're ONLY down 2-1 to Indiana, now we can play like we have to prove something again.

The Pistons are in some deep doo-doo if they cant pull out a W today. I like how Indy is playing right now. They arent the best offensively though. They are really missing Artest out there even if he has been gone most of the year.

I dont see either team beating the Heat right now though. Dwayne Wade is making Kobe Bryant look like a former scrub sidekick.

I love the way the Suns play ball. I want the Suns to play the Heat, but I'm convinced San Antonio is going to hand it to the Suns in 5 or 6.

Duncan v Shaq for the title might be the best Finals we've seen since the Bulls and Jazz went 6 in 98.

Well, I must say I'm pretty happy with the Pistons' performance right now. However, I am not going to get my hopes up seeing as the outcome of the past two games. I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope they continue to play like they have been so far this game.

GO PISTONS!

This is all I'm going to say: Conspiracy theory huh? This officiating is down right sickening, it's pitiful, it's horrendous, words don't even describe it. The refs are totaly bringing the Pacers back into the game this second half, to the point where I can't even watch it.

*EDIT* And Carlisle has some big balls to say the LB was whining about the non-call....which it was clearly a shove off....

Edited by dallas27