• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cruiser008

Detroit Pistons (and NBA) Playoff Thread

Rate this topic

We stop Wade? We win. We don't stop Wade? We lose.

STOP WADE!!!!!!!!

Wade will NOT get another 40pt game, we will NOT shoot 30% from the floor another game. Chauncy will NOT have 8 turnovers in a half another game.

The Heat responded just like everyone predicted, the only problem is how cocky Wade was during and at the end of the game, slamming the ball to get his 40pts, yelling out "THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT, THAT'S HOW YOU CLOSE A GAME OUT". I wouldn't be surprised to see Wade on the floor a few times next game in Detroit.

Even though the Pistons blew it with their missed shots, The refs were not going to let the Pistons win. That was one of the most horribly officiated games I have ever seen. I love how when ever Shaq posts up, theres bound to be a defensive foul...no matter what. But, The call that made me just leave the room was; when Ben Wallace was playing defense on Dwyane Wade at half court, and out of no where came Alanzo Mourning and jumped in front of Wallace and without even seeing him, he runs into him...and gets the foul... It's kind of hard to explain, but if you watched the game, you'll probobly remember this.

I like how Wade threw that dunk down with a second left just to be an a**hole. If I was on the Pistons, I would have beat his ass... Well, If I was Ronald Dupree...because he wont play anyways... God I hope the Pistons win the next 3...and the Championship...

My last effin complaint, every game the Pistons play, they get absolutely zero credit. If they lose, it's because the other team shut them down completely, it wasn't that they sucked and gave up 10 turnovers in the first quarter, it was because Dwyane Wade and Shaq shut them down. If they Win, it's because Shaq And Wade...and Iverson....And Reggie Miller...had off games and played bad defense...not because the Pistons played perfect defense and had an explosive offense...God, I hate how Detroit get no credit for anything!!!!

Edited by mattcorpolongo

The officiating was bad indeed...

It was messed up...Ben was on Shaq a couple times, Shaq backs in, elbows Ben once, elbows Ben again, shoves him with his off are and BEN GETS THE FOUL! WHAT?!?!?!

And what the *** was up with the moving screen/pick? Every time Alonzo Mourning threw a pick for Wade, he kept on shuffling right along for several feet to give Wade enough time and room to free himself. HELLO!!!! That s***e is illegal! You can't fukin throw a moving screen/pick!!!!

That's some goddamn bulls**t!!!! But whatever...the refs tried to help the Heat, the Pistons played sloppy...and we STILL almost won that game...

So *** the refs...*** the Heat! Bring it, *******!!!!!! We'll kill you anyways!!!!

Edited by johnogrodnickfanclub

I'm glad everyone is starting to see what I have for the past month, horrible refs and calls. Mourning is not only pissing me off with all this s**t he's getting away with but his freaking NON-STOP OVER-EXAGGERATED CELEBRATIONS. It's good that he got over some minor kidney thing he had, good for him, but you don't have to sit there and celebrate like a fukin clown. I am borderline almost hating him, and hate is a very strong word...

The Pistons should have won that game, especially coming back from a 12+ point deficit, one minute I turn the game off (in anger) and the next they are up by 1, I couldn't see how they would lose that game after doing that....but the 38% shooting got them. So despite their horrible shooting, turnovers, horrible referring (but what's new), or pretty much one of their worst games they STILL hung in there and pretty much should have won. That being said, I still love our chances, despite Sterns extreme hatred for the Pistons style of play and we know how he takes it out on them.

I'm sorta thinkin' that losing that game was good becuase it plants a seed of doubt that the Pistons are gonna have a easy time and repeat and all that good stuff. If you watch all the ptis, around the horns, and all those shows you know that if the Pistons win one game it's "omgzzzzzzzzz they r guna repet" and if they lose it's "omfgorz thy r so scrwed ther is no way thy r going to win teh seres"

And JohnO you are spot on with Shaq and all the freaking 'bows he dishes out, I think a few actually hit Ben in the head. I was watching the game with a few of my buddies and all we did was yell at the tv all game, especially when Shaq gets the ball.

Van Gundy looks (and talks) like a little ch0de not like Ron Jermey...

Well, I think we may have seen our Pistons lose the series. I'm begining to think the first game was won because Miami did not know what to expect from Detroit. Games 2 and 3 have been all Miami. The only time Detroit has had the upper hand is when they hit countless threes, and when Lindsay Hunter is playing point with Billups along side of him. When Hunter came in the late 3rd and early 4th quarter he turned the game around! He drew fouls, caused Dwyane Wade to sit because of his foul troubles, but when Wade went out, Campbell and Hunter went out...and never came back in until it was too late with a minute and a half left. Larry Brown F***** up. He should have left Hunter and Campbell in there in stead of putting Ben Wallace back on Shaq. Ben Wallce has been non-existant this series. He missed his free throws, hasn't gotten to the basket, and most important, hasn't controled Shaq like Campbell can. If I was to have it my way, For the entire 2nd and 3rd quarter, I'd start Hunter at Point on Wade, Billups at Gaurd, Campbell at Center on Shaq, and with the way Sheed's been playing, Start Prince at Forward.

Since Detroits' not going to get any calls, they should wake the hell up and start making there damn shots...

I said it from the begining, No one can stop Detroit, except them selves...and they're doing just that

Edited by mattcorpolongo

Ya'll thought that just because you beat the Shaq Laker team last year that you had the same advantage. You miscalculated the fact that EGO Bryant isnt on the floor with the Diesel. Wade played like EGO in Game 1 but he has rebounded well. The series is setting up nicely for a battle of the big men Duncan v Shaq.

Shaq looks like he is getting healthier and he hit some free throws yesterday. Both not good for the Pistons.

Shaq is the most difficult player in league history to officiate. He is so big he could get called for offensive fouls almost every possesion or he could get sent to the free throw line on every possesion.

Pistons need to play some fukin defense...and they need some hustle!

If a team shoots 52-53% against you, they're either the luckiest mutherfukers around or you didn't get enough hands in faces...period. And if a team out rebounds you, you didn't give enough effort and hustle. And what the *** is with the free throw shooting?!?! You ain't gonna win many games ANYWHERE if you misss 15 free throws and shoot only 65% from the line!

The Pistons are imploding and just beating their own damn self! The refs are NOT gonna call a fair game...period. It doesn't help to lose your cool in the 4th quarter and kill the team.

This is all bad signs...

A championship team puts themselves in a position to win...and then seals the deal. In games 2 and 3...we put ourselves in a position to win and came up short when it counted. *** man...Shaq and Wade weren't even that good in the 2nd half of game 3...we just fukin beat ourselves.

Right now...we ain't lookin like a championship team...we look like we've never been there before...

The Pistons are imploding and just beating their own damn self! The refs are NOT gonna call a fair game...period. It doesn't help to lose your cool in the 4th quarter and kill the team.

This is all bad signs...

A championship team puts themselves in a position to win...and then seals the deal. In games 2 and 3...we put ourselves in a position to win and came up short when it counted. *** man...Shaq and Wade weren't even that good in the 2nd half of game 3...we just fukin beat ourselves.

Right now...we ain't lookin like a championship team...we look like we've never been there before...

Chapmionship teams make good teams play this way Johno. See the San Antonio-Phoenix series for a more blantant example. The Pistons will probably win one more game in the series.

I want to see the Diesel v Duncan. Two best big men of our time.

Pistons will pull it out.

I was more worried in the Pacers series than I am now, because the Pacers had emotional ties.

The Heat are just playing on ability right now, and the Pistons are going to kick it in gear.

They should play Hunter more though, he was very effective on Wade. plus, Rip is hurt so he's not going to be as effective.

Chapmionship teams make good teams play this way Johno. See the San Antonio-Phoenix series for a more blantant example. The Pistons will probably win one more game in the series.

Wrong...

The Suns suck and everyone that knows basketball knew it...they're finally getting exposed cuz they're playing a decent team...

The Heat are for real...the Spurs are for real...the Pistons are for real. Difference? The Pistons are play DUMB AS ***! They're losing their cool. Everyone once in a while, this team loses their cool...it happened a few times in the regular season against lesser teams like Memphis and Charlotte. Now is NOT the time to lapse...

But they're lapsing...

Teams JUST DON'T shoot 50+ percent from the field unless you're fuking up. Plain and simple. There's not ONE team in the ENTIRE NBA that should shoot better than 50% against ANY other team in the NBA. But it happened to the Pistons. LACK OF EFFORT. It has NOTHING to do with the Heat or what they're doing. They're just not getting in peoples faces. It's INEXCUSABLE.

Losing your composure with the refs...also INEXCUSABLE. They're veterans...they're a championship club...they should know better than to flip out on the refs during the playoffs.

The free throw shooting...well, as much as it upset me, it IS excusable. Bad free throwing shooting happens to EVERY team from time to time...even during the playoffs.

Lot of blame going towards LB as it should, he is more concerned about what he is doing after the playoffs eg Clevelands Prez.

^ is unexcusable for the playoffs, I agree with Stein, try to get Daly, whip them into shape for the rest of the series. Dalys Pistons did not let the refs get into their head, although the calls against them weren't nearly as bad as the current Pistons.

Sportsnation has 81% blaming Brown for the Pistons play...

Larry Brown can't make shots and play defense for them....He is to blame for a small portion, but the talk of him leaving shouldn't rattle a championship team this much. Also, like Chauncey said, it's not Miami whos beating them...It's a combination of the refs and themselves...

The Pistons won tonight but the outcome of the series is still uncertain. The only reason we won comfortably is because we got Shaq and Zo in foul trouble early. Hunter on Wade is a good matchup but only when D Wade is missing his outside shots (if it's on he can simply shoot over Hunter). We NEED Game 5 because I don't like our chances in a possible Game 7 (esp. with out thin bench).

Wrong...

The Suns suck and everyone that knows basketball knew it...they're finally getting exposed cuz they're playing a decent team...

The Heat are for real...the Spurs are for real...the Pistons are for real. Difference? The Pistons are play DUMB AS ***! They're losing their cool. Everyone once in a while, this team loses their cool...it happened a few times in the regular season against lesser teams like Memphis and Charlotte. Now is NOT the time to lapse...

But they're lapsing...

Teams JUST DON'T shoot 50+ percent from the field unless you're fuking up. Plain and simple. There's not ONE team in the ENTIRE NBA that should shoot better than 50% against ANY other team in the NBA. But it happened to the Pistons. LACK OF EFFORT. It has NOTHING to do with the Heat or what they're doing. They're just not getting in peoples faces. It's INEXCUSABLE.

Losing your composure with the refs...also INEXCUSABLE. They're veterans...they're a championship club...they should know better than to flip out on the refs during the playoffs.

The free throw shooting...well, as much as it upset me, it IS excusable. Bad free throwing shooting happens to EVERY team from time to time...even during the playoffs.

The Suns don't suck, they just don't know what defence is. They play a system that shows their strength. Scoring. Detroit does the opposite. I can't see Phoenix coming back in this series but everyone, and I mean everyone has changed their tune a little bit towards the outcome.

Wrong...

But they're lapsing...

The Suns don't suck, they just don't know what defence is. They play a system that shows their strength. Scoring. Detroit does the opposite. I can't see Phoenix coming back in this series but everyone, and I mean everyone has changed their tune a little bit towards the outcome.

I haven't. I've been throughly and unwaveringly convinced of a Spurs/Pistons final since December.

The Spurs are the only team I think has the ability to take 4 from Detroit.

Even with the current standings vs Miami, I still think that. Detroit will walk out of Miami with a 3-2 lead and close it out at the Palace.