• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cruiser008

Detroit Pistons (and NBA) Playoff Thread

Rate this topic

Even with the current standings vs Miami, I still think that. Detroit will walk out of Miami with a 3-2 lead and close it out at the Palace.

e.g. The Pacers series...They have played the games the exact same way in both series. Came out smoking in games 1 and 4 and in games 2 and 3 looked like jackasses although they very well could have won them.

Did anyone notice how right after game 3, I said put Hunter at point on Wade, Billups next to him, Tayshaun at Power forward, and Elden Campbell on Shaq and it'll be a definite win? Well, look what Larry Brown did, exactly that...and guess what!? THEY WON!!!

The officiating in Game 5 has been horrific. Since when did D Wade become Kobe Bryant/Michael Jordan? The worst thing about the NBA is the kind of star treatment flashy players get from the official. Wade has committed at least 4 fouls so far today and yet he only has two. Granted the NBA wants star power in the finals, but it shouldn't be compromising the integrity of the game in order to do so.

The officiating in Game 5 has been horrific. Since when did D Wade become Kobe Bryant/Michael Jordan? The worst thing about the NBA is the kind of star treatment flashy players get from the official. Wade has committed at least 4 fouls so far today and yet he only has two. Granted the NBA wants star power in the finals, but it shouldn't be compromising the integrity of the game in order to do so.

Yeah - I think the joke officiating in the first part of the game really threw this one to Miami. HOWEVER, the Pistons look disorganized and flat - and are playing with no passion.

Look at Phoenix - went out fighting hard down to the last second last night. Detroit needs to play like that. Oh well, if it's Miami-San Antonio I'm out until next playoffs.

Just a diversion from hockey for me really...............

Im just ognna say it

f**k Dwayne Wade.. I'm sick of this little NBA posterboy bulls**t. He gets a call whenever hes touched.

f**k Alonzo Mourning.. His washed up ass demanded a trade to Toronto then woudlnt play for them until he was released to sign with a contender and now he thinks hes hot s**t.

f**k Shaquille O' Neal... His fat ass sits under the basket elbowing Ben Wallace and never gets called for it, because hes a superstar.

And finally - f**k the Refs... Every call goes to Miami, Detroit isnt allowed to play offense or defense.

We shot 38.5%...they shot 52.2%. Game, set, match.

Pistons need better effort. There's NO reason ANY team should be shooting over 50% against any other team in the NBA. We need better defensive effort. Offense...we need some friggin calls from the refs!!!!! And we need to focus...bring better effort on the offensive end as well. The Heat really spread the ball well...they played the type of unselfish ball we should be playing.

It's gonna be tough taking two straight from the Heat to win this series...

Pistons need better effort. There's NO reason ANY team should be shooting over 50% against any other team in the NBA. We need better defensive effort. Offense...we need some friggin calls from the refs!!!!! And we need to focus...bring better effort on the offensive end as well. The Heat really spread the ball well...they played the type of unselfish ball we should be playing.

True - could be too tough of a task - but they might get a lucky break if Wade is hurt. Even though I think they should have beat them straight up.

The D is just as stellar as it was in last year's playoffs. Don't know what it is - but the effort is not there. One thing to slack against the Pacers for a few games, and still win purely on being the better team, but that's not going to work against Miami. Sad. mad.gif

Im just ognna say it

f**k Dwayne Wade.. I'm sick of this little NBA posterboy bulls**t. He gets a call whenever hes touched.

f**k Alonzo Mourning.. His washed up ass demanded a trade to Toronto then woudlnt play for them until he was released to sign with a contender and now he thinks hes hot s**t.

f**k Shaquille O' Neal... His fat ass sits under the basket elbowing Ben Wallace and never gets called for it, because hes a superstar.

And finally - f**k the Refs... Every call goes to Miami, Detroit isnt allowed to play offense or defense.

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Why is it that well-rounded teams like the Pistons rarely ever win championships in the NBA, whereas well-rounded teams win regularly in the NHL (NJ, Detroit, who have superstars but in VERY well-rounded), NFL (New England), and ML (Boston, New York, although both have star power as well)? Because David Stern and the Powers that Be would rather have Superstars in the NBA Finals, to market the league and for ratings. mad.gif

Face it, the NBA is a league that revolves around its superstars. In no other TEAM sport can a team with 2 superstars and a bunch of mediocre players win 3 straight championships (a la the Lakers). These is the one aspect of the NBA that pales in comparison to the other 3 leagues.

True - could be too tough of a task - but they might get a lucky break if Wade is hurt. Even though I think they should have beat them straight up.

The D is just as stellar as it was in last year's playoffs. Don't know what it is - but the effort is not there. One thing to slack against the Pacers for a few games, and still win purely on being the better team, but that's not going to work against Miami. Sad. mad.gif

IMO the effort WAS there tonight. But it's hard to be aggressive when you get PENALIZED for it!!!!

I agree with all of you...

I only watched some becuase I just can't take the refs anymore but I thought the effort was there as well, they cut it to 2 in the last 1-2 minutes in the second quarter but got blown out after that. Coming from a hockey player, which is different than basketball, but when the officiating is as bad as it is for Detroit it is really hard to get into a game, you can't do things you would normally do becuase you are afraid of a penalty/foul.

David Stern can rot in hell for all I care, if he needed some type of transplant to save his life that only I could do I most likely would not do it. The only way is if he 1. begs 2. brings back the old 2003-2004 Rules so Detroit can go back and play their relentless defense 3. he resigns as the commisioner of the NBA. The NBA does not need a commisioner that is more worried about ratings than the actual game itself. Here is a little food for thought on how much Stern has been penalizing Detroit for not having a superstar: Detroit was ranked third when it came to commiting the LEAST fouls in the regular season. Why? Becuase ratings don't matter then, nothing is on national television. But when the playoffs roll around everything is on national television. Uh-oh this poses a problem for Stern now. The Pistons supposively do not bring in ratings and this is not good. Hmmmmmm......he thinks to himself.....what can I do as commisioner to reduce the Pistons chances of winning drasticaly....hmmmmm.....I got it, lets f**k them over with the officiating!! YAHTZZEEEEE!!!!! Does anyone know which team is the most penalized so far in the playoffs? I can't find it but I would be willing to bet it's Detroit.

Edited by dallas27

Well, Just like Rasheed said in an interview last night; "It's not really fair. We'll win the next game, and go to a game seven, just like they want it to be, I can't believe this bull s**t"

If your goin to throw a series, at least don't make it so obvious. Stern should fire these refs because they made it too obvious. Every time you go near Shaq and Wade, your going to get a foul. Say what you want about Rasheed Wallace's game last night, but every time he would get the ball down low, he be called. He got a foul for Wade jumping backwards...and the dumbass got hurt!!! Such bulls**t.

Billups needs to play better, Rip needs to make his free throws, Darko needs to play! laugh.gif...Pistons still can win, especially if Wade's out.

(I hope someone punches Alanzo Mourning)

Well, tonight is a must-win for the Pistons, however I believe they will be able to do it. The Pistons are going to come out very fired up and ready to play.

The only bad thing is, I am working until 10, so I might only catch a little bit of the game. sad.gif If I can't even do that, I'll just watch Sports Center for highlights....

LET'S GO PISTONS!!!!!!! DESTROY THE HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Wades injured so we should be able to win tonight. The question is will the NBA let the pistons win game 7.

Here's the thing about Wade possibly being out...or being injured...

The Pistons have NOT been able to do ANYTHING when both Wade AND Shaq have been on the bench. Last two games, when Wade's out...we can't take advantage. When Shaq's out...we can't take advantage. Even when BOTH are out for 3 FULL MINUTES...we still don't catch up.

WTF?!?!? We just fuking blow...and it IS an effort issue. You simply do NOT give up that type of shooting percentage if you get a hand in every shooters face. There's NO reason to not get a hand in every shooters face. You DO NOT get out scored when Shaq and Wade are out unless you lack effort.

And another thing...when are we gonna start playing THE RIGHT WAY?!?!?! If I see Chauncy or Rip trying to play one-on-one basketball...I swear to God, I'm turning the game off. We MUST make the extra pass...we're not doing that anymore.

And 'Sheed...you gotta bring it. There's no reason for 'Sheed to have a mere 2 points for the game...there's NO ONE in the Heat that can guard 'Sheed. He should be able to step out against Shaq...and he should be able to take everyone else on the Heat in the post. Period. So bring it, you bum looking mutherfuker!