• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Saran

Legace staying or leaving

Rate this topic

Do you think legace will still be a redwing before the season starts?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

wink.gif Manny will play the season, the DRW staff will be looking for a health competition between two great goalies...but Ozzie will be the man! Manny will be sent packing just before the trade dealine. Go Wings!!!!

I can't see why Legace wouldn't be here this season.

With Osgood and Legce, we have two quality goalies signed for $2 million. You wont find many teams with two legitimatley good goalies for that price.

With the Wings cap problems, we can't afford to move either Osgood or Legace, as the idea of going through the season and the playoffs with only one goalie isn't too appealing, and to add another goalie who is as good as or better than whichever of the two we gave up would cost us more than we are paying Osgood and Legace.

Legace's gonna say. He's probably cheaper than any other goalie we could get, and besides, it's not like he isn't a good goalie. I don't see any reason why we should let him go, unless the Wings staff knows about someone better.

my prediction is, osgood flops, legace takes number one spot come playoffs. thumbup.gif

That's kinda what I hope happens. Just, when Ozzy falls through, I hope he's pulled in the first after allowing 4 in 14 minutes, then Legace lets up one tipped-in goal, but still gets the win as Draper gets a hat trick, and Kronwall puts in two in a 7-5 lamp-lighter.

That's kinda what I hope happens. Just, when Ozzy falls through, I hope he's pulled in the first after allowing 4 in 14 minutes, then Legace lets up one tipped-in goal, but still gets the win as Draper gets a hat trick, and Kronwall puts in two in a 7-5 lamp-lighter.

sounds good to me thumbup.gif gigity gigity gigity! biggrin.gif

Ever get the feeling that you've put way too much thought into this?

Yes, but I hope that a clear #1 is established. A dual goalie system in the playoffs isn't a great idea.

It will be like 97. Both goalies will play a decent number of games if Legace stays, but only one will play the playoffs (Ozzie) and he'll freakin tear if up and the Wings will win the Cup.

Nothing against Manny. It's the million-dollar salary for a backup that I don't like.

That's because Manny is a backup that would be the starter for quite a few other teams. He's gotta be frustrated as heck having Osgood back now as the preceived no.1.