• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Saran

FAVOURITE CANADIAN TEAM

Rate this topic

who is your favourite canadian team?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Growing up Downriver without Cable in my formative years, my folks watched the Leafs on Channel 9 and the Habs on channel 54 en Francais. I grew up to be a weirdo who liked the Wings, Habs, and Leafs. (in that order)

I can't possibly hate the Leafs when the so-called "Leaf Nation" has provided me with so much entertainment (including a lot of comic relief) over the years.

Now Calgary (minus McCarty), there's team that is begging for an ass-kicking.

Used to be Vancouver, but nowadays it's Calgary. I'm a huge Iginla fan. I'm semi-related to McCarty. Guys like Leopold, Regehr, Ference, and Reinprect are all fun to watch too. Them beating us out of the second round was depressing, but I have the upmost respect for the team.

I don't really have a problem with any Canadian teams really except Toronto. I hate Toronto.

I'm really conflicted here. On one hand, I hate the Maple Leafs as a rival, but I think I respect them so much that I actually like them. Know what I mean?

As for the Senators, I don't mind them and they have some of my favourite non-Wings in Redden, Spezza, Hossa, etc. and they have one of my top 5 favourite all-time goalies in Hasek. I'm actually planning on calling my son (if I ever have one) Dominik. I even got my fiancee to agree to that somehow...

Montreal got my vote here, as similar to the Leafs I admire and respect the team and it's history a great deal, but unlike the Leafs, I don't hate them. Also, Theodore is an awesome goalie, they signed one of my favourite Wings (Dandenault) and they have another guy I like in Kovalev.

I don't particularly like Edmonton, but I don't dislike them either. They look great after adding Pronger and Peca, but I don't really like Pronger because of how he tried to take out The Captain's injured knee in the 2001/02 playoffs. It sure was funny that Pronger hurt HIMSELF in the process though...

I don't mind Vancouver, but I think it's more that I like some of their players more than liking the team itself. They have my second favourite #19 in the league (I'll let you guess who that is) and I love Bertuzzi, despite all of the cr*p he recieved because of "The Incident".

As for Calgary, I'm not a big fan, but adding McCarty makes me like them a whole lot more. However, I can't bring myself to like them that much after I drank a slab (24 bottles in case you guys don't use the term "slab") of this Canadian whiskey and cola called "Calgary" the other weekend. Damn I was sick the next morning.

I'm really conflicted here. On one hand, I hate the Maple Leafs as a rival, but I think I respect them so much that I actually like them. Know what I mean?

Don't be conflicted. How could anyone vote against the Leafs and call themselves a Wings fan.

A Wings vs. Leafs final would be happy madness!

f**king Calgary? The Sens? Please.........Who CARES?

I know exactly what you mean - but I am an old fart.

I don't know what it is about the Oilers, but I've just always loved watching them on the late game on HNIC..Then when I got NHL Center Ice, I'd watch them whenever the wings aren't on- That arena is always electric and they're an exciting team to watch..