• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Fingercots

ryan malone/ milan kraft

Rate this topic

on spectors site he has a blurb about the penguins trying to sign vincent damphousse and that they arent close to deals with milan kraft and ryan malone.

it seems to me like the pens might have gone a little crazy with all these FA signings and now they might not have the money to sign their young studs.

i might be crazy and i dont even know if these guys are UFAs or RFAs or whatever they may be, but these guys are big, young and very talented. if the wings arent going to be able to sign datsyuk for something reasonable, maybe they should sign one of these guys. they are only going to get better.

milan kraft:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/prof...le?statsId=2123

ryan malone:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/prof...le?statsId=3011

Maybe we should trade Datsyuk for one of them!!!

Ok, negotiations aren't going well.

Compare Pittsburgh's cap situation to ours.

Do you really think they would not match an offer we could afford to make?

And is there really an offer we could afford to make that wouldn't cost us Zetterberg and/or Datsyuk?

And is there really an offer we could afford to make that wouldn't cost us Zetterberg and/or Datsyuk?

One thing is sure - Holland wasn't prepared for this offseason... We may actually lose one of them (Datsyuk or Zetterberg) and I really don't know why he gave that contract to Schneider. Nothing against Schneider but that contract is BS. I think that he started to panic when he saw how quick other teams started to signing FA's and he have to do something. I'm looking for Capitals to make a push for Datsyuk... don't know how this crazy offseason will finish - but I really hope that we can afford to have back those 2 players...

One thing is sure - Holland wasn't prepared for this offseason... We may actually lose one of them (Datsyuk or Zetterberg) and I really don't know why he gave that contract to Schneider. Nothing against Schneider but that contract is BS. I think that he started to panic when he saw how quick other teams started to signing FA's and he have to do something. I'm looking for Capitals to make a push for Datsyuk... don't know how this crazy offseason will finish - but I really hope that we can afford to have back those 2 players...

Very few teams were prepared for a hard cap with no mechanism to get underneath save buyouts (plus renegotiations were taken away). As for Datsyuk (I don't see Zetterberg as being a big enough issue that puts his tenure as a Wing in jeopardy) if we lose him it's because we don't want to keep him with the terms he's demanding. Cap room can always be scrounged up if necessary. The main issue is that he's asking for money we don't think he's worth, not money that we can't afford. If it gets to that point, "losing" him isn't really losing him.

I hope the Caps do "make a push" so to speak. Either we snag one of their promising young players in a trade (Fehr if we can convince them they are better off trading for his rights) or we get at least one lottery pick if they sign him RFA.

peace

Very few teams were prepared for a hard cap with no mechanism to get underneath save buyouts (plus renegotiations were taken away). As for Datsyuk (I don't see Zetterberg as being a big enough issue that puts his tenure as a Wing in jeopardy) if we lose him it's because we don't want to keep him with the terms he's demanding. Cap room can always be scrounged up if necessary. The main issue is that he's asking for money we don't think he's worth, not money that we can't afford. If it gets to that point, "losing" him isn't really losing him.

I hope the Caps do "make a push" so to speak. Either we snag one of their promising young players in a trade (Fehr if we can convince them they are better off trading for his rights) or we get at least one lottery pick if they sign him RFA.

peace

Do you think that Schneider is worth $3.3M-season???

Very few teams were prepared for a hard cap with no mechanism to get underneath save buyouts (plus renegotiations were taken away).  As for Datsyuk (I don't see Zetterberg as being a big enough issue that puts his tenure as a Wing in jeopardy) if we lose him it's because we don't want to keep him with the terms he's demanding.  Cap room can always be scrounged up if necessary.  The main issue is that he's asking for money we don't think he's worth, not money that we can't afford.  If it gets to that point, "losing" him isn't really losing him.

I hope the Caps do "make a push" so to speak.  Either we snag one of their promising young players in a trade (Fehr if we can convince them they are better off trading for his rights) or we get at least one lottery pick if they sign him RFA.

peace

Every single UFA defenseman signed this offseason has been up to $1M+ overpaid.

peace

Very few teams were prepared for a hard cap with no mechanism to get underneath save buyouts (plus renegotiations were taken away).  As for Datsyuk (I don't see Zetterberg as being a big enough issue that puts his tenure as a Wing in jeopardy) if we lose him it's because we don't want to keep him with the terms he's demanding.  Cap room can always be scrounged up if necessary.  The main issue is that he's asking for money we don't think he's worth, not money that we can't afford.  If it gets to that point, "losing" him isn't really losing him.

I hope the Caps do "make a push" so to speak.  Either we snag one of their promising young players in a trade (Fehr if we can convince them they are better off trading for his rights) or we get at least one lottery pick if they sign him RFA.

peace

Every single UFA defenseman signed this offseason has been up to $1M+ overpaid.

peace

Now that's a sweeping statement. And yet, I can't really dispute it... wink.gif

It's interesting how quickly the masses here have turned on Dats. That said, I'm like you, NN. I'd happily send Pavel to DC if we could get one of their young studs in return. We've got a Pavel Jr. waiting in the wings (Hudler brings the same type of skills to the table although talent level remains to be seen, and ummm, pardon the pun), so it just might be a win-win deal for both teams. The Caps get a stick wizard to set up Ovechkin (or whatever his name is) and the Wings get a young horse they desperately need.

Now that's a sweeping statement. And yet, I can't really dispute it... wink.gif

It's interesting how quickly the masses here have turned on Dats. That said, I'm like you, NN. I'd happily send Pavel to DC if we could get one of their young studs in return. We've got a Pavel Jr. waiting in the wings (Hudler brings the same type of skills to the table although talent level remains to be seen, and ummm, pardon the pun), so it just might be a win-win deal for both teams. The Caps get a stick wizard to set up Ovechkin (or whatever his name is) and the Wings get a young horse they desperately need.

LOL yeah at first I was going to pick a couple out to mention by name but then as I thought about it they all were overpaid (at least those that signed for more than $1-2M/yr).

I'd absolutely love to keep him around. Tremendous talent that hasn't fully been tapped yet, but what good is it if we can't surround him with the type of linemates he needs to succeed?

peace

Now that's a sweeping statement.  And yet, I can't really dispute it... wink.gif

It's interesting how quickly the masses here have turned on Dats.  That said, I'm like you, NN.  I'd happily send Pavel to DC if we could get one of their young studs in return.  We've got a Pavel Jr. waiting in the wings (Hudler brings the same type of skills to the table although talent level remains to be seen, and ummm, pardon the pun), so it just might be a win-win deal for both teams.  The Caps get a stick wizard to set up Ovechkin (or whatever his name is) and the Wings get a young horse they desperately need.

LOL yeah at first I was going to pick a couple out to mention by name but then as I thought about it they all were overpaid (at least those that signed for more than $1-2M/yr).

I'd absolutely love to keep him around. Tremendous talent that hasn't fully been tapped yet, but what good is it if we can't surround him with the type of linemates he needs to succeed?

peace

You are damn right on this one...

I know that maybe we have overpaid Schneider (and maybe we didn't needed him as we need Datsyuk) - but I rather give Datsyuk 3.5M - 4M than to Schneider. We have 2 Def for around $11M (with the $39M cap) and Datsyuk is still young with tremendous talent... If you have to pick one player that you have to overpaid - I hope that you will pick up Datsyuk over Schneider...

Trent Hunter

Ryan Malone

Kraft, Morozov, Fehr, Witt and Zubrus... could be nice in Red Wings Jersey if we HAVE to trade Datsyuk...

I still hope that we can keep him...

We didn't sign: Murray, Kovalev, Palffy, Khabibulin, Thornton or even Lecavalier... either of them as we were supposed to do... so I hope that Holland do this one right and he get Datsyuk signed

WAS is without a doubt, the worse team for 05/06. If they did actually give an offer to Dats & he took it... I'd be damn happy. Dats won't make them good enough. That would mean 4 1st round picks probably in the top 5 or 10 at worst... I could live with that.

WAS is without a doubt, the worse team for 05/06. If they did actually give an offer to Dats & he took it... I'd be damn happy. Dats won't make them good enough. That would mean 4 1st round picks probably in the top 5 or 10 at worst... I could live with that.

No way we get four 1sts because there is no way they'll offer $5M+/yr. Our best bet is an offer just over $4M/yr because it's an offer we likely wouldn't match and we'd get two 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd. If the offer is between $3-4M/yr we'd get one 1st, one 2nd, and a 3rd. The compensation for RFAs has dropped dramatically.

peace

To me, Malone is exactly what this franchise is looking for. I think he's the perfect replacement for Shanny in the coming years. Ryan Malone, is big, strong, and had twenty goals in his first full NHL season with the Pens in '03-'04. Don't get me wrong, Datsyuk has much more offensive talent, but he is not what this team truly needs. We already have finesse, we do not have size. If we could get Pavel over to Pitsburgh in a trade involving Malone, I'd think it would be a great move for us. Malone's apparently on the trading block because of the money he's asking for, but I doubt he's asking for more than Dats. I would imagine, however, that if the Pens are trying to get rid of Malone because of money problems, they probably don't want to take on Datsyuk who is also demanding a ridiculous amount. I think any trade to get a big, strong up-and-comer for Pavel would be a good move, as I really believe Datsyuk will bolt to Russia if he doesn't get the kind of money he wants.