• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KronwallCRUNCH

Joseph Harrington is HORRIBLE

Rate this topic

QUOTE (cap20066 @ September 18, 2005 - 08:26PM)

If you own a 3rd round (and very likely lower) pick you can pick up stanton. 

Why? Because he doesn't go to U of M or USC? Give me a break- if you've watched this guy play, you know he's the real deal. If he keeps this up, it's going to be a good battle for the Heisman.

Actually, I love MSU and I've watched every game that Stanton has played in, he's very good for college... But he just isn't a good enough of a passer to make it into the first two rounds of the draft.

And to think you could have drafted Big Ben instead of Roy Williams last year. I like my 15-0 (regular season) QB. IF we can beat the Pats he'll start his career at 16-0 with a chance to tie the Patriots NFL record at San Diego on MNF. I'll be there.

Guest Boss
And to think you could have drafted Big Ben instead of Roy Williams last year. I like my 15-0 (regular season) QB. IF we can beat the Pats he'll start his career at 16-0 with a chance to tie the Patriots NFL record at San Diego on MNF. I'll be there.

I would bet the farm that if the Lions would've drafted Big Ben, he would have been 2-14 3-13 or 4-12.

The could've would've game is dumb. Yeah, and if Tom Brady went #1 overall. You never know what's going to happen.

You being a smart person in our previous chats about football, should know that the what if game is pointless.

Come on G

come on gowingsgo, this is just a stupid post.

Do you really think the steelers going 15-1 last year was completely 100% because of Big Ben. While Big Ben is going to be a good nfl QB, so is roy williams. The lions needed two things in the 2004 draft. They needed another wide receiver and a running back. I am very pleased with the choices of roy williams and kevin jones for the lions.

The thing that your forgetting is that "these are the lions". A closer look at the QB position in lions history shows you that Erik Kramer was probably the best quarterback the lions ever had.....with scott mitchell being a close 2nd..

Do you really think the steelers going 15-1 last year was completely 100% because of Big Ben. While Big Ben is going to be a good nfl QB, so is roy williams. The lions needed two things in the 2004 draft. They needed another wide receiver and a running back. I am very pleased with the choices of roy williams and kevin jones for the lions.

The thing that your forgetting is that "these are the lions". A closer look at the QB position in lions history shows you that Erik Kramer was probably the best quarterback the lions ever had.....with scott mitchell being a close 2nd..

The Steelers weren't even supposed to make the playoffs last year. Last year was a "down" year so the experts said at the start of the season. The team went 14-0 post-Maddox because Big Ben was able to manage games and not throw them away like Maddox did the year before. Sure they had the best defense in the league along with a top 3 rushing attack, but Ben had the best yards per completion rating. He may have been second to Manning on that one. It wasnt until thhe end of the season that Ben finally wore down. We'll see how he handles Belichick in their third meeting today.

Bottom line for any QB, get an offensive line in front of your QB and they will do better than if they have lineman on them 10-20 times a game.

Guest Boss

Bottom line for any QB, get an offensive line in front of your QB and they will do better than if they have lineman on them 10-20 times a game.

This makes your previous post about drafting Big Ben even more stupid... If we had on O-Line, we probably wouldn't have this problem with Happy Feet Harrington, and Big Ben wouldn't have been drafted by the Lions.. So, with that said, you contradicted yourself. You went from saying we should've drafted Big Ben, to saying our O-Line was the issue. Which, you are correct on, our O-line sucks, I would rather have USC's O-line.

Your logic is going down the toilet...

Yeah, no s**t, if we had an O-Line we would be good. Good Call Ditka..

This makes your previous post about drafting Big Ben even more stupid... If we had on O-Line, we probably wouldn't have this problem with Happy Feet Harrington, and Big Ben wouldn't have been drafted by the Lions.. So, with that said, you contradicted yourself. You went from saying we should've drafted Big Ben, to saying our O-Line was the issue. Which, you are correct on, our O-line sucks, I would rather have USC's O-line.

Your logic is going down the toilet...

Yeah, no s**t, if we had an O-Line we would be good. Good Call Ditka..

the thing that bugs me is that we should have a good offensive line. Backus, Woody, and Raiola are all good lineman. DeMulling is overrated and Butler is weak. They aren't working together like they could be.

If we shouldnt have drafted Roy Williams or Big Ben because of our offensive line, who should we have drafted??

Guest Boss

Sure they had the best defense in the league along with a top 3 rushing attack, but

Yeah, the best defense and top 3 rushing attack meant more to that team the Big Ben. Want proof that having the top d and top rushing will win games, look at the year the Ravens won the Super Bowl. You play both roles a lot in talking about football, and it's funny.

I know you like the Steelers, but, come on man, don't be so niave to think the way you do sometimes with the Steelers. Yeah, I know you have more knowledge then me in basketball, but, this aint basketball buddy.

the steelers are their recent success have been a product of a great "system". The steelers have been a very good football team for quite sometime, even tho they lost some key players throughout the years. Bill Cowher is more responsible for the quality play of the team last year and this year, not big ben.

The team would be a hell of a lot better if they would quit shooting their toes off during games. WTF is Randle El thinking trying to lateral the ball when they have a first and 10 and the Pats 11 and a chance to open up a double digit lead? They had a great chance to beat up the Pats yesterday and made the same Steeler mistakes to throw it away. At least Duce and the Bus are coming backto help the cause now.

The team wouldnt have gone 15-1 with Maddox as QB. Sure Ben is in a system that protects him, but Maddox can't make the same plays Ben does. You don't see QB draws called for first downs for Tommy Gun.

QUOTE (cap20066 @ September 18, 2005 - 08:26PM)

If you own a 3rd round (and very likely lower) pick you can pick up stanton. 

Why? Because he doesn't go to U of M or USC? Give me a break- if you've watched this guy play, you know he's the real deal. If he keeps this up, it's going to be a good battle for the Heisman.

Actually, I love MSU and I've watched every game that Stanton has played in, he's very good for college... But he just isn't a good enough of a passer to make it into the first two rounds of the draft.

Is that what they said about Tom Brady too? wink.gif

btw, Joey Harrington looked pretty good last weekend. wink.gif

I watch the Broncos, and I think Plummer's a dudd, but he doesn't look all that bad when you see the Lions play.... tongue.gif

ANY OTHER QUARTERBACK LOOKS BETTER!!!

We are stuck with Harrington this year and I just hope that the lions will make a move in the offseason to bring a QB that actually can compete with the starting job. Look at what happened in San Diego. Brees was nearly on his way out when the team got Rivers. Brees is a much improved quarterback with his experience and the fact that he has some healthy competition in a capable backup right behind him.

Screwed by our own time keeper. Damn it if things just cant go right for Pittsburgh against the Pats. I hope we get our rematch in the playoffs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2173143

Not really, it happened with 14 minutes left in the game. So it did not really affect the game at all, it was way to early. You can say this and say that but it really doesn't matter. Now if that happened with 2 minutes to go or something than yea maybe it would have.

Pitts got beaten by the better team, the Pats are still the champs (and the best team) untill someone dethrones them. Could very well be Pittsburg, thats really the only team I see doing it. You can be in denial and say it was the time keepers fault but thats just making up excuses.

*edit* Plus the mistake was at home so nobody can really say anything. But if it was at N.E......well there would have been a riot....

Edited by dallas27

Adding additional time on the clock did not effect the outcome of the game as the time benefitted both teams. It just sucks that EVERY time we play the Pats something goes wrong and we lose. At least we put a few of their starters out for a while with injuries. You never like to see that but if it prevents the Pats for repeating then I am all for that.

Looking at his halftime numbers, you all need to cut your losses with Harrington and get someone who can make some plays. Joey isn't an effective NFL QB. I got to see too many of his collegeg games. He hasnt produced a thing since then.

It's pretty sad when you have one of the announcers telling what Harrington should have and shouldn't have done on almost every play. He was spot on on all of them as well, he "thinks" he feels pocket pressure when it isn't there (a la happy feet) he gets rid of the ball way too fast when he does have time (a la checkdown), and he just makes bad decisions. 2 or 3 of the incompletions should have been caught BUT it would have helped if they weren't underthrown or overthrown. And what the hell was up with the last play, Harrington didn't throw it to anybody but stands.

Play for the fukkin' draft pick again, I'm watching Atlanta and if Vick stays healthy it's going to be them and Philly at the conf. game again.

That was an absolutely horrible reversal on the Pollard TD catch. IMO, it's cleary a touchdown and even if it wasn't clear, there's no way you've got "indisputable" evidence to overturn it.

That was an absolutely horrible reversal on the Pollard TD catch. IMO, it's cleary a touchdown and even if it wasn't clear, there's no way you've got "indisputable" evidence to overturn it.

matt...you mean that you and i ACTUALLY agree on a bad reviewed call by the ref. Strange!!!

I disagree. For me it was very clear that when he MAINTAINED posession [When a player controls the ball throughout the act of clearly touching both feet, or any other part of his body other than his hand(s), to the ground inbounds.] of the ball his right leg was out of bounds. It was one hell of a catch though, same with Mike Williams...