Todd Jackson

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Shanafan14

Shanafan14

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:20 PM

Newbie here. Can anybody tell me what became of Todd Jackson? I'm not completely familiar w/him, but he was at training camp with the Wings last week. Thanks for any info! biggrin.gif

#2 ToddDaGod

ToddDaGod

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:30 PM

He's a defensive foward type who played with GR last season. I dunno if he's under contract or not. We'll wait for Wingman, he knows his Griffins.

#3 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:30 PM

If there was ever a waste of a roster spot, that would be Jackson. He brings nothing to the table, he's small and can't score. His redeeming value was his speed, but that hasn't gotten him anywhere. He's at best a career ECHL guy, maybe bordeline 4th line AHL player

#4 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 05:46 PM

He only played 30 (awful) games in Grand Rapids last season..Barnes is right..at least last season, he didnt belong in the AHL. He's small and didnt seem like he could handle the pace and level of play. He did play well when he got sent to Toledo though. He'll probably start in Toledo this year and come up if there are injuries or he's playing well enough.

#5 WesternWing

WesternWing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 04:58 AM

Todd Jackson Profile
He was half and half 30 games in Gr 35 games with the Storm

#6 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 09:10 AM

he was supposed to be a very poor mans Holmstrom after he finished his last year off in Maine on a good note. He went to GR and dropped like a floppa. He then got sent down to the Storm and played subpar. He;ll prolly spend the next season there, then spend the last year of his contract in GR. He will most likely then be released by us.
Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#7 fightfan24

fightfan24

Enforcer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:13 AM

He won't go anywhere -- I don't understand Holland's obsession with little fellers...

#8 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (Seth @ September 24, 2005 - 09:10AM)
he was supposed to be a very poor mans Holmstrom after he finished his last year off in Maine on a good note. He went to GR and dropped like a floppa. He then got sent down to the Storm and played subpar. He;ll prolly spend the next season there, then spend the last year of his contract in GR. He will most likely then be released by us.

Actually supposed to be a poor mans Draper. Fast, good defesively..mediochre offensively.

#9 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (WingMan56 @ September 24, 2005 - 07:00PM)
Actually supposed to be a poor mans Draper. Fast, good defesively..mediochre offensively.

uh Draper is more offensive than defensive. I think your thinking of Maltby.
Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#10 J-Swift

J-Swift

Clutch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (Seth @ October 1, 2005 - 06:21PM)

Only recently has Draper looked dangerous offensively. I, for one, would refer to the winner of the Selke Trophy awarded to the NHL's "best defensive forward" to be more defensive than offensive.

#11 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (J-Swift @ October 2, 2005 - 02:54PM)
Only recently has Draper looked dangerous offensively. I, for one, would refer to the winner of the Selke Trophy awarded to the NHL's "best defensive forward" to be more defensive than offensive.

Thank you.. wink.gif

#12 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Seth @ October 1, 2005 - 05:21PM)

See the above posts...it's pretty much what Draper is known for doing best.

Edited by WingMan56, 02 October 2005 - 05:04 PM.

#13 snapshots

snapshots

Rookie

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (WingMan56 @ October 2, 2005 - 05:55PM)
See the above posts...it's pretty much what Draper is known for doing best.

Agreed.

Oulahen is another Draper kind of player, too. I think Oulahen has more potential than Jackson. Honestly, I was a bit surprised that Jackson ever was signed.

Maybe Seth was thinking of Jamtin or Valtonen was he was thinking of a "poor man's Holmstrom"