• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 KronwallCRUNCH

KronwallCRUNCH

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 06:05 PM

So are all of the naysayers still saying that Stanton is nothing more than an "ok" QB? The guy has lit it up in every single game he's played this season- I smell Heisman...

#2 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 06:08 PM

i will admit he has a good chance, but i am still curious to see how michigan state and stanton do in their next two games against michigan and ohio state before i will say heisman.

#3 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:22 AM

Yeah, if he performs well against Michigan and Ohio State, and the Spartans win at least one of those games, he has to be considered.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#4 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (BlakChamber @ September 25, 2005 - 02:22PM)
Yeah, if he performs well against Michigan and Ohio State, and the Spartans win at least one of those games, he has to be considered.

I have no doubt that he will play well. Stanton is the most valuable player in NCAA Divison I football. Michigan State needs Stanton to be healthy in these games and the rest of the season.

Don't forget the difference in the game after Stanton left the Michigan-Michigan State game last year. Game would have been a different outcome had Stanton remained in the game.

#5 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 10:12 AM

Nope, he still hasn't played anywhere a good defense..........

Thats not the Heisman you smell, thats the couches being burned.

It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#6 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (redwings1914 @ September 25, 2005 - 04:12PM)

can you even speak english?

If Notre Dame had such a poor defense, then how come Michigan couldn't move the ball against the irish. Michigan State offensively opened it up against the irish, moving the ball.

#7 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:07 AM

Well good luck to you against Michigan. Mr. Stanton is going to get to up close and personal with Mr. Hawk, Mr. Carpenter, Mr. Kudla and the rest of the best defense in the big ten. Should be fun, us here in Columbus are a lot more nervous about that game now than we were at the beginning of the year. That's not to say we arent still confident though.

"During Robert Langs time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#8 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (Hockeytown Red Wings @ September 25, 2005 - 05:07PM)
Well good luck to you against Michigan. Mr. Stanton is going to get to up close and personal with Mr. Hawk, Mr. Carpenter, Mr. Kudla and the rest of the best defense in the big ten. Should be fun, us here in Columbus are a lot more nervous about that game now than we were at the beginning of the year. That's not to say we arent still confident though.

as a buckeye fan, let me ask you this question. What do you fear more? A Michigan State high flying offensive or a Michigan team that when you two play, the wolverines may have nothing left to play for...just a chance to ruin the buckeyes season.

#9 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (timothy1997 @ September 25, 2005 - 01:10PM)
as a buckeye fan, let me ask you this question. What do you fear more? A Michigan State high flying offensive or a Michigan team that when you two play, the wolverines may have nothing left to play for...just a chance to ruin the buckeyes season.

Michigan.

"During Robert Langs time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#10 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (timothy1997 @ September 25, 2005 - 11:55AM)
QUOTE (redwings1914 @ September 25, 2005 - 04:12PM)

can you even speak english?

If Notre Dame had such a poor defense, then how come Michigan couldn't move the ball against the irish. Michigan State offensively opened it up against the irish, moving the ball.

Michigan's offense sucks........

#11 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (redwings1914 @ September 25, 2005 - 01:03PM)
Michigan's offense sucks........

That's funny. A few weeks ago all you could talk about was how great Henne and Hart where, and how they, and the rest of the Michigan offense was sooooooooooooo much better than the Spartans rolleyes.gif

Hope you haven't skineed your knees jumping off the bandwagon.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#12 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (BlakChamber @ September 25, 2005 - 06:24PM)
That's funny. A few weeks ago all you could talk about was how great Henne and Hart where, and how they, and the rest of the Michigan offense was sooooooooooooo much better than the Spartans rolleyes.gif

no doubt. I have talked to a few other michigan football fans. They act like they don't even watch football anymore.

Can any true blue michigan fan come forward and say they will support the team, even when its down in the dumps like this?? Or can anyone tell me what is happening to Michigan this year??

#13 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (timothy1997 @ September 25, 2005 - 02:15PM)
That's funny.  A few weeks ago all you could talk about was how great Henne and Hart where, and how they, and the rest of the Michigan offense was sooooooooooooo much better than the Spartans rolleyes.gif

no doubt. I have talked to a few other michigan football fans. They act like they don't even watch football anymore.

Can any true blue michigan fan come forward and say they will support the team, even when its down in the dumps like this?? Or can anyone tell me what is happening to Michigan this year??

what's happening is

A. They've been hit by some pretty significant injuries (Hart, plus most of the offensive line were out against ND)

B. A lot of bad calls have gone against Michigan. In the ND game Henne scored an obvious touchdown, but it was spotted at the 1. The next play featured a botched snap, Henne dove on the ball, and ND recovered. In the Wisconsin game, the Bagers' first passt play was intercepted, but the reciver pulled the ball out of the Michigan player's hands on the ground. Ruling? Completion. Wisconsin QB fumbled the ball and Michigan recovered, but the ruling (non replay, of course) said that there was no fumble.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#14 Boss

Boss

Hall-of-Famer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (eva unit zero @ September 25, 2005 - 01:17PM)
That's funny.  A few weeks ago all you could talk about was how great Henne and Hart where, and how they, and the rest of the Michigan offense was sooooooooooooo much better than the Spartans rolleyes.gif

what's happening is

A. They've been hit by some pretty significant injuries (Hart, plus most of the offensive line were out against ND)

B. A lot of bad calls have gone against Michigan. In the ND game Henne scored an obvious touchdown, but it was spotted at the 1. The next play featured a botched snap, Henne dove on the ball, and ND recovered. In the Wisconsin game, the Bagers' first passt play was intercepted, but the reciver pulled the ball out of the Michigan player's hands on the ground. Ruling? Completion. Wisconsin QB fumbled the ball and Michigan recovered, but the ruling (non replay, of course) said that there was no fumble.

2 things that happen to EVERY TEAM EVERY YEAR....

God, It's amazing the excuses that the Michigan people make. Pure comedy...

Bad calls happen in every game from high school on up to pro... The "ref made a bad call against michigan" excuse is so old and tiresome.

Once again, not a state fan, not a UofM fan, but, UofM is the most over-rated team of the last decade. 1 good year in 97...

Quit making excuses, Michigan lost to 2 better teams that day. It's funny, a lot of people picked the badgers, cause the Aura of Michigan is starting to dwindle even more so now.

Don't make excuses, your team lost, plain and simple. Bad calls happen. Hell my college team, the one I played for, we had bad calls every game, but we NEVER used that as an excuse. We had some top players injured, and we did not use that as an excuse, we had other players step up, like all GOOD teams do. Bottom line, when we lost, we lost without excuses, we lost because of poor execution.

JUST LIKE YOUR BELOVED WOLVERINES...

#15 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 02:41 PM

double post.

Edited by timothy1997, 25 September 2005 - 02:43 PM.

#16 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Boss @ September 25, 2005 - 08:33PM)
QUOTE (eva unit zero @ September 25, 2005 - 01:17PM)

what's happening is

2 things that happen to EVERY TEAM EVERY YEAR....

God, It's amazing the excuses that the Michigan people make. Pure comedy...

Bad calls happen in every game from high school on up to pro... The "ref made a bad call against michigan" excuse is so old and tiresome.

Once again, not a state fan, not a UofM fan, but, UofM is the most over-rated team of the last decade. 1 good year in 97...

Quit making excuses, Michigan lost to 2 better teams that day. It's funny, a lot of people picked the badgers, cause the Aura of Michigan is starting to dwindle even more so now.

Don't make excuses, your team lost, plain and simple. Bad calls happen. Hell my college team, the one I played for, we had bad calls every game, but we NEVER used that as an excuse. We had some top players injured, and we did not use that as an excuse, we had other players step up, like all GOOD teams do. Bottom line, when we lost, we lost without excuses, we lost because of poor execution.

JUST LIKE YOUR BELOVED WOLVERINES...

It goes to the whole "how can you tell if you have a michigan alumni at your get-together or party??......just give him a few seconds and he will let you know."

Michigan fans and alumni think that they are a level above any other school but they fail to realize that the big ten is a crap shoot now. Ohio State can win it, Iowa can win it, Purdue can win it, Wisconsin can win it, Michigan State can win it. Michigan might have a good chance at winning it but stop kidding yourself. Your team is overrated and not that good.

#17 KronwallCRUNCH

KronwallCRUNCH

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (redwings1914 @ September 25, 2005 - 11:12AM)

In East Lansing, couches may go up in flames, but in Ann Arbor, it's the football program that's burning to the ground.

#18 archemedes

archemedes

Rookie

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 02:18 PM

Michigan has not lost to anyone but themselves this season, tehy had the Wisconsin game won and gave it away.

#19 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (Boss @ September 25, 2005 - 02:33PM)

Mich was definitely overranked in the preseason this year. But overall you can't argue where they fall into the polls by the end of each season.

Since '97: 78-21 overall for an average of 9.8-2.6 per season. Most programs would be glad to have that kind of record. So while the "preseason" polls often favor the traditionally good teams, by the end it's usually fair.....
New season, New start! May the force be with the Wings this time!

#20 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (MotownIce @ September 27, 2005 - 11:18AM)
QUOTE (redwings1914 @ September 25, 2005 - 11:12AM)

In East Lansing, couches may go up in flames, but in Ann Arbor, it's the football program that's burning to the ground.

Still sticking to that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users