• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 11:11 PM

Ryan Barnes is on the Griffins roster on Griffinshockey.com..guess he made the team. I know a certain few who will be happy about this.

#2 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:59 AM

Sweet. They try real hard to keep him off the roster every year but he still comes back for another season. thumbup.gif
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#3 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:23 AM

It's clear he's Ireland's favorite and he's improved his game, amazing, a coach with a bias towards bigger players....it's clear Ireland won't be back dry.gif

#4 MyBigMac00

MyBigMac00

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:24 AM

I don't see it on there...

edit: Nevermind, it isn't on the main roster, just on the sidebar one.

Edited by MyBigMac00, 04 October 2005 - 07:27 AM.

#5 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (Barnes52 @ October 4, 2005 - 09:23AM)
It's clear he's Ireland's favorite and he's improved his game, amazing, a coach with a bias towards bigger players....it's clear Ireland won't be back dry.gif

Barnesy you know Im a fan of your boy and I hate to break your bubble but...
http://www.griffinsh...m/news/?id=3899
it says "and released right wing Ryan Barnes." True False?
Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#6 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:31 PM

It's true...too bad, he had a good camp and provides this team some missing ingredients, but you know....he's not small or soft enough, so out he goes

#7 fightfan24

fightfan24

Enforcer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (Barnes52 @ October 4, 2005 - 10:31PM)
It's true...too bad, he had a good camp and provides this team some missing ingredients, but you know....he's not small or soft enough, so out he goes

I'm telling ya, I have a lawyer who can do name changes... Hows this: Ryn Barnstrom! Gotta get him a look in Detroit.

Honestly this really sucks but having a top five draft pick is appealing. Holland can draft another unknown Euro! *hurls*

#8 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (fightfan24 @ October 4, 2005 - 11:22PM)
I'm telling ya, I have a lawyer who can do name changes... Hows this: Ryn Barnstrom! Gotta get him a look in Detroit.

Now we need to find a scientist who can shrink him down to sub-6 foot size.

#9 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 03:01 AM

So the Kenny Holland disease strikes again! mad.gif

#10 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:35 AM

You know it is possible, that it's not because of this so called notion that they don't like tough guys, but possibly that Barnes isn't a good player, has little ability and can't even make a minor league team?
Moral victories are for losers.

#11 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:39 AM

What does that say for Kopecky? Barnes had as many goals, and Barnes also fights. Have you seen him play? No one is saying he's Brett Hull, but he can be a fourth line grinder type if given the chance. Ireland really likes him, as does McNamara, and he scored during the pre-season. That's the problem that these guys run into, Barnes not only has to protect the players that Heaton likes, because they can't fend for themselves, but he also has to score 40 goals or so.

#12 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:24 AM

haha, what? do you think that im against getting guys "supposedly" like your idol Ryan Barnes on either the Griffins or the Red Wings?

I'm all for it, and they don't have to score even 10 goals, or even 5. I just don't think the issue is as pressing as everyone makes it out to be.

#13 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (Heaton @ October 5, 2005 - 10:24AM)
haha, what? do you think that im against getting guys "supposedly" like your idol Ryan Barnes on either the Griffins or the Red Wings?

I'm all for it, and they don't have to score even 10 goals, or even 5. I just don't think the issue is as pressing as everyone makes it out to be.

Who said he was my idol, troll? Have I mentioned his name as an idol of mine?

#14 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (Heaton @ October 5, 2005 - 09:35AM)
You know it is possible, that it's not because of this so called notion that they don't like tough guys, but possibly that Barnes isn't a good player, has little ability and can't even make a minor league team?

Yeah, but from the reports I've read Barnes seemed to score on a consistant basis.

#15 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:40 AM

I just figured he was your favorite player because, well, you have his name and number as your username.

haha, i didnt expect you to get so upset, i honestly thought that you think that Ryan Barnes is the perfect hockey player that every team needs. I mean, my username is Heaton because I used to think Heaton goalie pads were the coolest things ever and have used the name for like 10 years now.

and btw, since you obviously need facts and have no idea about the words you're choosing to use, I'm not a "troll" I'm not posting just to get a rise out of you or trying to derail the thread.

In internet terminology, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory messages on the internet, such as on online discussion forums, to disrupt the discussion or to upset its participants. The word, or its variant, "trolling", is also used to describe such messages or the act of posting them.

Edited by Heaton, 05 October 2005 - 10:47 AM.

#16 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Heaton @ October 5, 2005 - 11:40AM)
I just figured he was your favorite player because, well, you have his name and number as your username.

haha, i didnt expect you to get so upset, i honestly thought that you think that Ryan Barnes is the perfect hockey player that every team needs.  I mean, my username is Heaton because I used to think Heaton goalie pads were the coolest things ever and have used the name for like 10 years now.

and btw, since you obviously need facts and have no idea about the words you're choosing to use, I'm not a "troll" I'm not posting just to get a rise out of you or trying to derail the thread.

In internet terminology, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory messages on the internet, such as on online discussion forums, to disrupt the discussion or to upset its participants. The word, or its variant, "trolling", is also used to describe such messages or the act of posting them.

Is he the "ideal" player? my ideal player is Gary Roberts, the old Eric Lindros or Brendan Shanahan. Current favorites are Dave Scatchard, Jason Wiemer, Chris Simon, even Tie Domi. Guys who can fight and score the ugly goal, those are my ideal players, if Detroit had 3 of those guys, there'd be no need to discuss toughness or enforcers. As for why I chose Barnes? Because he's the type of player this team can use on the fourth line, a guy who can dish out punishment and drop the gloves in support of his teammates. He was the ONLY guy in the organization who played that way. If you saw any GR Griffs games last year, he played really well, but more importantly, when teams went after Kronwall because of his body checks, or went after Kopcky because he's an ass, who was there to defend them? Barnes. As a matter of fact, Kopecky picked up his game when he played with Barnes and Vandermeer, why? Because he knew he could play chippier and would get more room, and he did. So I hope this clears up any confusion as to me wanting a team of "goons" or trade every player we have for cement heads, just like I don't believe that you love every "Strom" and "Ov" or Slava that crosses this organization. I do think that the ideal team has mostly finesse and speed, complimented by grit and toughness.

Edited by Barnes52, 05 October 2005 - 11:13 AM.

#17 Neil#25

Neil#25

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:25 AM

I would love it if Binghamton picked this guy up, it would add another fighter to our goon squad.

#18 FromWellandtoBoston

FromWellandtoBoston

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:39 PM

Does anyone know where Barnesy landed?

#19 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:49 PM

No, rumors are Europe and Danbury of the UHL. I hear he would've played for GR this year, but they're only allowed to hold a certain number of veterans, and Detroit stocked them with their share of vets.

#20 FinRedWing

FinRedWing

Not against the cap

• HoF Booster
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 07:25 AM

Now we won't have any goons in Griffins? Damn,we should have at least 3 of them.
Burke.gif