• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:54 AM

For those who have seen him play for the Griffins this season, how has he looked? He has 3 goals and 2 assits in 7 games. Does he look as though he will be ready to play for the Wings in 2006/07?

Thanks!

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#2 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:02 AM

I have not seen him play in GR, but from all reports he seemed ready to play for the wings this year in training camp! However, they wanted him to get experience and lots of ice time so he is in GR. If they need to pull someone up this year (God forbid that happens), I think he is on the top of the list, though Hudler's out of control scoring puts him up there too. Either way, it seems the Wings are being very smart and patient with all this young talent.

#3 TimeBinder

TimeBinder

The continuum must be bound

• PipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:57 PM

Where is this kid? I've heard nothing and he isn't putting up hardly any points. Is he playing that much?
Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

#4 e_mcgrath88

e_mcgrath88

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:29 AM

Saw Filppula play the other day. He scored the game winner against Hamilton. He's a decent player, but nothing to get excited about. I cant see him competing at the NHL level any time soon. He needs to learn to adjust to the physical play. He coughs up the puck too much when breaking out as a result of tight checking. He tryed to throw one hit in the game, and he got send flying the other way. IF he has room, he can make things happen, but he definately needs to learn not to panic under preasure. Maybe bulk up the frame a little too.

#5 J-Swift

J-Swift

Clutch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:18 PM

I thought this might be the right place to post this article:

Filppula charting path toward the NHL

It's good to see Filppula steadily improving like he is, after a somewhat shaky start to his North American pro career.

#6 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 10:31 PM

Im gonna give him another year or 2 in the AHL but after that this kid will be a NHLer.
Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#7 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:14 PM

Valtteri Filppula had a short-handed goal tonight. He now has 26 pts in as many games.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#8 e_mcgrath88

e_mcgrath88

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 01:27 PM

Looks like Val is really starting to turn it on. I havent seen him play in a while. Glad to see he is racking up some points.

#9 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 05:32 PM

Another reason Hudler is expendible