• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Jakub Kindl

Rate this topic

If Fischer is forced to retire when perhaps the need for a physical top 4 d-man is now even more pressing. Still doesn't explain the Abdelkader pick over Latendresse though.

Very true, he will probably be brought along a little quicker now.

He recorded 2 assists tonight, and now has 25 points in 23 games.

If Fischer is forced to retire when perhaps the need for a physical top 4 d-man is now even more pressing. Still doesn't explain the Abdelkader pick over Latendresse though.

Abdelkader is a talented two-way forward, gritty, plays wing and center, has good size, is a good skater. He was also ranked much higher by CSS.

Latendresse is a decent scorer, good physical player, and mediocre skater at best. He's also not too good defensively.

And if that all didn't pan out in Abdelkader's favor, he's from Michigan and will be playing college hockey, which means more time before he must be signed.

Abdelkader is a talented two-way forward, gritty, plays wing and center, has good size, is a good skater. He was also ranked much higher by CSS.

Latendresse is a decent scorer, good physical player, and mediocre skater at best. He's also not too good defensively.

And if that all didn't pan out in Abdelkader's favor, he's from Michigan and will be playing college hockey, which means more time before he must be signed.

You could make the case that Abdelkader is a better player than Latendresse. But there's no doubt that a physical power-forward is exactly what this team will need when Shanny retires. Abdelkader does not have a real scoring touch like Latendresse does, and one should note that Guillaume has dramatically improved his skating ability since the the last CHL season ended.

Is this guy for real or is he the Ahl superstar, Nhl worststar?

Well he only recently turned 18 so it appears he is coming along very nicely. I don't think we could have expected a better start to the season. Even the highly touted Marc Staal hasn't put up as many points.

Is this guy for real or is he the Ahl superstar, Nhl worststar?

He was ranked as a top 5 draft talent prior to his first year in the OHL. He has a ton of skill. He's still only 18 so he has plenty of time to get his entire game in order.

peace

Guest Vinnie

As a Kitchener Ranger fan for years, I am pleased to read all the positive things being said about Jakub Kindl.

We are enjoying watching him in a Ranager jersey so much this year. His play has improved immensely. He has more confidence and of course with that, comes the ability to believe in yourself and your play.

He is currently 2nd in points for the Rangers with 32 (2nd to McGrath with 54) in 26 games and 3rd in penalty minutes.

He is a great pick for the Wings and will only improve as time goes on!

As a Kitchener Ranger fan for years, I am pleased to read all the positive things being said about Jakub Kindl.

We are enjoying watching him in a Ranager jersey so much this year. His play has improved immensely. He has more confidence and of course with that, comes the ability to believe in yourself and your play.

He is currently 2nd in points for the Rangers with 32 (2nd to McGrath with 54) in 26 games and 3rd in penalty minutes.

He is a great pick for the Wings and will only improve as time goes on!

Thanks for the update. I've done a lot of reading up on Kindl but I still like getting a Ranger fan's opinion.

remember that prior to last year (when he had the tough adjustment period to north america) he was projected to go in the top 3-5 picks in the entire draft. the wings thought they got a steal when he fell to them and it appears they are correct!

Edited by sWINGED

Guest WestCoastWingsFan
That had fairly little to do with Kindl himself. People were pissed because Kenny and company once again had neglected the need for a physical top 6 forward.

Guys like that go in the top 5 picks. We were at 19. We drafted the best player available to us. Nothing wrong with that.

Guest WestCoastWingsFan

Big talented forwards are high commodities in the NHL bc there are so few of them.

Any large forward who lasted all the way to pick 42 (you listening, Latendressse) was obviously someone the scouts were not really high on. I'll take a #1 D-man over a big oaf who will have trouble making the roster.

Big talented forwards are high commodities in the NHL bc there are so few of them.

Any large forward who lasted all the way to pick 42 (you listening, Latendressse) was obviously someone the scouts were not really high on. I'll take a #1 D-man over a big oaf who will have trouble making the roster.

The chance of Kindl becoming a number 1 defenseman is not much greater than finding a top 6 physical forward late in the first round. Nobody said elite powerforward here. Those are the ones gone in the top 5.

Guest WestCoastWingsFan

The chance of Kindl becoming a number 1 defenseman is not much greater than finding a top 6 physical forward late in the first round. Nobody said elite powerforward here. Those are the ones gone in the top 5.

Um, have you seen the way Kindl is tearing up the OHL this season? He's been dominating. He was also ranked #4 overall by ISS before he struggled in his first year with Kitchener last year, which is why he slipped to the Wings at 19. Sounds like a solid #1 candidate to me.

#1 D-men fall out of the first round all the time. Ever heard of Niklas Lidstrom?

Um, have you seen the way Kindl is tearing up the OHL this season? He's been dominating. He was also ranked #4 overall by ISS before he struggled in his first year with Kitchener last year, which is why he slipped to the Wings at 19. Sounds like a solid #1 candidate to me.

#1 D-men fall out of the first round all the time. Ever heard of Niklas Lidstrom?

Yeah a no. 1 candidate, but most NHL players were stars in juniors. Doesn't mean he will be a no. 1 defenseman for sure. With Detroit's history I'd be happy if he becomes a top 3 defenseman. Yeah the name Lidstrom rings a bell, but that was ages ago. Not that I remember saying that no 1. defenseman never fall out of the first round but... Ever heard of Morrow or Malone?

Yeah a no. 1 candidate, but most NHL players were stars in juniors. Doesn't mean he will be a no. 1 defenseman for sure. With Detroit's history I'd be happy if he becomes a top 3 defenseman. Yeah the name Lidstrom rings a bell, but that was ages ago. Not that I remember saying that no 1. defenseman never fall out of the first round but... Ever heard of Morrow or Malone?

the last two first round picks the Wings have spent on Power Forwards are:

Ryan Barnes.

Keith Primeau.

It's understandable why Detroit might shy away from drafting them. Primeau has developed into a solid player, but he did it after he was forced to elsewhere as the team's best player.

Barnes is..well..a minor leaguer.

Drafted at 25th and 119th respectively.

Morrow is a damn good player, but he took a his good sweet time developing. People here would have called for his head long before he ever developed into what he is now.

Malone is 26 and is still struggling to establish himself as a top-six caliber forward in the NHL. He definitely has the potential to be a big contributor...but he's not following through on that.

the last two first round picks the Wings have spent on Power Forwards are:

Ryan Barnes.

Keith Primeau.

It's understandable why Detroit might shy away from drafting them. Primeau has developed into a solid player, but he did it after he was forced to elsewhere as the team's best player.

Barnes is..well..a minor leaguer.

Using that logic, Detroit shouldn't go anyway near big defensemen. I don't need to mention them again, do I? Quit making excuses, because there are no.

Drafted at 25th and 119th respectively.

Morrow is a damn good player, but he took a his good sweet time developing. People here would have called for his head long before he ever developed into what he is now.

Malone is 26 and is still struggling to establish himself as a top-six caliber forward in the NHL. He definitely has the potential to be a big contributor...but he's not following through on that.

I don't know what Morrow you've been watching, but Brendan had an immediate impact on the Stars when he entered the league 2 years after being drafted.

Malone's the victim of poor management in Pittsburgh. Suddenly they decided to buy every big name free agent out there and sacrificed a lot of youth doing it, not only Malone. Stupid.