• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Jakub Kindl

Rate this topic

He's extremely young and admittedly a high risk/high reward pick. He can be a game breaker or he might never wrap his head around the game.

Agreed. It seems that every first round pick for the last 10 years has been that way.

He needs to be signed after next season or he goes back in the draft. They will have to roll the dice here -- even if he stays in junior.

As a first round draft pick, I feel whether he plays awful next season or not, Kindl is almost assured a contract from the team.

They will sign him but my question is does he really have to go back to Juniors or can he be brought into the AHL?

Yes, he'll have to go back to Juniors if he doesn't make the Wings outright which seems highly unlikely. I think next season and the year after will complete his CHL eligibility. If you're CHL eligible you can't play in the AHL.

peace

Yes, he'll have to go back to Juniors if he doesn't make the Wings outright which seems highly unlikely. I think next season and the year after will complete his CHL eligibility. If you're CHL eligible you can't play in the AHL.

peace

Kindl was drafted last summer. We have until summer 2007 to sign him. At that point, he'll be 20 and will no longer have to be in juniors

Yes, he'll have to go back to Juniors if he doesn't make the Wings outright which seems highly unlikely.  I think next season and the year after will complete his CHL eligibility.  If you're CHL eligible you can't play in the AHL.

peace

Kindl was drafted last summer. We have until summer 2007 to sign him. At that point, he'll be 20 and will no longer have to be in juniors

If the birthdays work out that way, great. I thought there was a case or two of guys trapped in the CHL that weren't quite good enough for the NHL but really should have been in the AHL.

Though I guess looking up Schremp's birthday and draft year it works out to the same as Kindl's. Could be that Jakub came over a year later than most CHLers join and thus I pegged him as being a year behind. Oh well, he'll be signed and put wherever he's best utilized.

peace

Do you know these signing deadline facts?

When this guy has to be signed?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdispla....php3?pid=76181

Kontiola is our best player here in Tappara and I just hope we don't lose him after this season.

Do you know these signing deadline facts?

When this guy has to be signed?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdispla....php3?pid=76181

Kontiola is our best player here in Tappara and I just hope we don't lose him after this season.

I'll admit it that guy does interest me.

Well, I did see Kindl play in Windsor on Thursday night, and I was reasonably impressed. After a shaky start that included a failed clearing attempt and a partial giveaway, Jakub really settled down and played solid. Here's what I noticed about him:

-Kindl is an excellent skater who is capable of carrying the puck out of his own zone and starting a rush (sort of like Kronwall and Lebda). He also has excellent mobility and awareness, especially when he is playing the point on the PP. He doesn't, however, skate backwards with the same consistency. As I noticed on Thursday night, as well as previous times when I've seen him on TV, big strong forwards can get a scoring chance on the rush if they take Kindl to the outside. Typically Jakub will recover and poke the puck away, but his defending against the odd and even man rushes is an area of improvement.

-My favorite thing about Kindl is his breakout passing. He was clearly better than anyone on the Kitchener blueline (and it is a pretty stacked blueline) at finding the open man in the neutral zone and getting the pass to him. Jakub seems to see the ice well and makes quick smart decisions when dishing the puck. But he never acts too hastily; he seems to have become far more calm and poised than he was last season.

-It's well documented that Kindl isn't overly physical, but it's not as if he shies away from the rough stuff. He is fairly strong along the boards and works guys over in the corners. Jakub didn't seem to be content with giving opponents any time with the puck and I was impressed with how quickly he'd get in their faces. He clearly could use his size better (he actually came off as quite tall compared to other players on the ice at the time), and I wouldn't expect him to become anything of an open ice hitter in the future. Kindl was often getting involved in shoving matches after the whistle and he was not going to get pushed around.

-Kindl also possesses striking versatility in what kind of situations he can be used in. Though he played a fair amount of time at even strength, Kitchener had him logging huge minutes on special teams and I noticed him playing the entire length of a power play at least once. As I mentioned before, his abilities at playing point on the PP are solid, and he is very active and effective with his stick on the PK. Jakub literally saved a goal when he blocked a centering pass late in the game. And when there was a minute left to play and the Rangers were up by a goal, he was on the ice.

Jakub Kindl appeared to be the Rangers' best d-man (though Valabik was out of the lineup for some reason) and the people behind me from Kitchener also seemed to think so. Though his natural abilities are pretty unquestionable, I think he still needs some work and is a bit of a raw talent still. He's fairly tall, and I think he could definitely fill out his frame a little bit more. If Jakub Kindl gets a couple more years (a season in the AHL could help), he could become a pretty solid d-man for us.

Well, I did see Kindl play in Windsor on Thursday night, and I was reasonably impressed. After a shaky start that included a failed clearing attempt and a partial giveaway, Jakub really settled down and played solid. Here's what I noticed about him:

-Kindl is an excellent skater who is capable of carrying the puck out of his own zone and starting a rush (sort of like Kronwall and Lebda). He also has excellent mobility and awareness, especially when he is playing the point on the PP. He doesn't, however, skate backwards with the same consistency. As I noticed on Thursday night, as well as previous times when I've seen him on TV, big strong forwards can get a scoring chance on the rush if they take Kindl to the outside. Typically Jakub will recover and poke the puck away, but his defending against the odd and even man rushes is an area of improvement.

-My favorite thing about Kindl is his breakout passing. He was clearly better than anyone on the Kitchener blueline (and it is a pretty stacked blueline) at finding the open man in the neutral zone and getting the pass to him. Jakub seems to see the ice well and makes quick smart decisions when dishing the puck. But he never acts too hastily; he seems to have become far more calm and poised than he was last season.

-It's well documented that Kindl isn't overly physical, but it's not as if he shies away from the rough stuff. He is fairly strong along the boards and works guys over in the corners. Jakub didn't seem to be content with giving opponents any time with the puck and I was impressed with how quickly he'd get in their faces. He clearly could use his size better (he actually came off as quite tall compared to other players on the ice at the time), and I wouldn't expect him to become anything of an open ice hitter in the future. Kindl was often getting involved in shoving matches after the whistle and he was not going to get pushed around.

-Kindl also possesses striking versatility in what kind of situations he can be used in. Though he played a fair amount of time at even strength, Kitchener had him logging huge minutes on special teams and I noticed him playing the entire length of a power play at least once. As I mentioned before, his abilities at playing point on the PP are solid, and he is very active and effective with his stick on the PK. Jakub literally saved a goal when he blocked a centering pass late in the game. And when there was a minute left to play and the Rangers were up by a goal, he was on the ice.

Jakub Kindl appeared to be the Rangers' best d-man (though Valabik was out of the lineup for some reason) and the people behind me from Kitchener also seemed to think so. Though his natural abilities are pretty unquestionable, I think he still needs some work and is a bit of a raw talent still. He's fairly tall, and I think he could definitely fill out his frame a little bit more. If Jakub Kindl gets a couple more years (a season in the AHL could help), he could become a pretty solid d-man for us.

Thanks for the scouting report! thumbup.gif

the only thing to think about is the game they play... the OHL rules were changed to shadow those of the NHL, which blew totals way out of proportion and some players are having great years that many people never would have thought they were capable of...sure Kindl is having a great year, but there is no way hell make the wings next year... probably another year in Kitchener or if he really impresses then he may be in GR, but i dont see the wings wasting his junior eligability...

the only thing to think about is the game they play... the OHL rules were changed to shadow those of the NHL, which blew totals way out of proportion and some players are having great years that many people never would have thought they were capable of...sure Kindl is having a great year, but there is no way hell make the wings next year... probably another year in Kitchener or if he really impresses then he may be in GR, but i dont see the wings wasting his junior eligability...

Kindl will spend a year or two in GR no matter when he leaves GR.

Even Fischer and Kronwall spent time in the minors...and as good as Kindl might turn out, he's certainly not at the level Fischer was coming out of juniors or Kronwall from Elitserien.

He should be a good one though.

Yeah he has to earn his dues for a few season in GR. But I do think he will be a top 3 or 4 dman in years to come. And as eva said, he was not at Fisch's level or Kronwall's level coming out of junior. Then again each of those guys were amazing and will be top two dmen. (well Fisch would have been) What a shame. sad.gif

Well after a terrific season in which he averaged a point a game and was Kitchener's best D-man, Kindl was invisible in the OHL playoffs as the heavily favoured Rangers were upset in the first round. In 5 games Kindl had one measly point and was a team worst -5. sad.gif

Edited by Cruiser008

Well after a terrific season in which he averaged a point a game and was Kitchener's best D-man, Kindl was invincible in the OHL playoffs as the heavily favoured Rangers were upset in the first round. In 5 games Kindl had one measly point and was a team worst -5. sad.gif

Do you mean invisible? huh.gif

Kindl's performance in this year's post-season is reminiscent of his playoff totals last year, in which he had no points and was a -6 in 12 games.

Jakub still has a season left in the OHL, though, and at the rate he developed this season, he's likely to lead the league in defencemen scoring.