• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NazMoBert

Post Everytime You Look

Rate this topic

Just so long as you don't play goalie, it's always good advice wink.gif

But not so easy....when I was in school, a hurricane rolled through, and me and my roommates were out on the porch enjoying some brewskis and watching the storm and I swear all four of us watched a single leaf all the way as it came flying in from twenty yards away and conked my friend Dave in the head. OK, it wasn't a puck and it didn't exactly give him a concussion, but it was weird....we all saw it the whole way and just kind of froze with curiosity - like, OK, check it out, it's coming right for us, that's pretty wild, here it comes.....plunk.

so if you can't get out of the way of a flying puck on a beeline for the bridge of your nose, I'll understand wink.gif

yeah I'm not a goalie, so I can get the hell out of the way if that puck comes flying at me...I had to laugh reading the story about the leaf, cuz I know exactly what you mean. You see something and you're like wow it's coming right for me, but instead of moving, you watch it because you're thinking the whole time, it can't hit me...no way...luckily we wear full cages or else, I'd have broken alot more bones in my face...

and plus you feel really stupid diving out of the way of something that really wasn't gonna hit you at all, so you stand there just showing everyone, see, I'm not afraid of that silly li- BONK!

it's like, ever played baseball and seen a good curveball for the first time? you feel really stupid eating dirt cause you could swear the pitch was coming at your head and meanwhile the umpire is yelling strike three.

Just so long as you don't play goalie, it's always good advice wink.gif

But not so easy....when I was in school, a hurricane rolled through, and me and my roommates were out on the porch enjoying some brewskis and watching the storm and I swear all four of us watched a single leaf all the way as it came flying in from twenty yards away and conked my friend Dave in the head. OK, it wasn't a puck and it didn't exactly give him a concussion, but it was weird....we all saw it the whole way and just kind of froze with curiosity - like, OK, check it out, it's coming right for us, that's pretty wild, here it comes.....plunk.

so if you can't get out of the way of a flying puck on a beeline for the bridge of your nose, I'll understand wink.gif

yeah I'm not a goalie, so I can get the hell out of the way if that puck comes flying at me...I had to laugh reading the story about the leaf, cuz I know exactly what you mean. You see something and you're like wow it's coming right for me, but instead of moving, you watch it because you're thinking the whole time, it can't hit me...no way...luckily we wear full cages or else, I'd have broken alot more bones in my face...

and plus you feel really stupid diving out of the way of something that really wasn't gonna hit you at all, so you stand there just showing everyone, see, I'm not afraid of that silly li- BONK!

it's like, ever played baseball and seen a good curveball for the first time? you feel really stupid eating dirt cause you could swear the pitch was coming at your head and meanwhile the umpire is yelling strike three.

exactly...you wanna prove that you're not scraed of anything...I do it all the time, and some reason, I always pay for it too...oh well...lol

Pffffttttt curveballs...You should see my dad's knuckleball. Puts thats Wakefield wuss' knuckleball to shame. My dad can throw it around 60 mph which is amazing becuase you throw it off your knuckles. Wakefields is a little wussy floater.

I hate filling out scholarship applications...

yikes 60mph knuckle ball...that's fast...

Yea, not to brag but kids ask my dad if he played any college or pro ball when he umps in the summer. Sorry, I am bragging about him and I do so every chance I get.

Yep, the Boston Celtics coach said something along the lines of "Most teams have a go to person, they have a go to team"

Edited by dallas27

Haha! That is awesome. It's funny that it's true

Yep, NBA coaches know how good this team really is. Hence them having 4 all-stars as the back-ups are picked by the coaches. Granted Rip and Chauncey should have been starters.

Edited by dallas27