Photo
- - - - -

Group Events

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#41 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (timothy1997 @ February 18, 2006 - 10:45PM)
ok. how bout Sunday April 2nd at 3pm at Mr. B's Spectadium in Troy. The wings play minnesota at 3:30pm that day. Anyone, anyone??

4/2/06 will work. maybe meet an hour or two before the game to get good seats, get food and get aquainted? Yeah, that will work.

(muse:wing nut hat included, of course!)
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#42 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (HOCKEY MATTERS @ February 18, 2006 - 09:59PM)
4/2/06 will work. maybe meet an hour or two before the game to get good seats, get food and get aquainted? Yeah, that will work.

yeah something like 2pm would work. I like that its early sunday game because monday is always an early day for me at work.

#43 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (HOCKEY MATTERS @ February 18, 2006 - 10:59PM)

That will probably work for me (I may not know my work schedule for sure until a couple weeks ahead, but my guess is that it'll be ok).

I would say let's get there an hour before the game. If we do Champps (Big Beaver just off of I-75) then we don't want to get there too early. While they have huge TVs, they run the place more like a "real" restaurant than just a sports bar. If we meet by 2:30, we should be good to stay for a few hours as long as we tip well! smile.gif

SWF, you're still in town at that point, right?
There's no place like Hockeytown.

#44 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,753 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:03 AM

Awww...I wish I lived by Detroit. sad.gif

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#45 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Muse @ February 19, 2006 - 12:11AM)
QUOTE (HOCKEY MATTERS @ February 18, 2006 - 10:59PM)

That will probably work for me (I may not know my work schedule for sure until a couple weeks ahead, but my guess is that it'll be ok).

I would say let's get there an hour before the game. If we do Champps (Big Beaver just off of I-75) then we don't want to get there too early. While they have huge TVs, they run the place more like a "real" restaurant than just a sports bar. If we meet by 2:30, we should be good to stay for a few hours as long as we tip well! smile.gif

SWF, you're still in town at that point, right?

Affirmative. smile.gif

#46 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:01 AM

bump...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#47 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:18 PM

Think the bar will give me a break considering my birthday is two days after the 2nd?

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#48 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (dallas27 @ February 21, 2006 - 01:18PM)
Think the bar will give me a break considering my birthday is two days after the 2nd?

You will be able to get in and have food and non alcoholic drinks, but they will not serve you alcohol.

Come for the game and the people, be less concerned about the alcohol.

#49 dallas27

dallas27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (Rivalred @ February 21, 2006 - 01:19PM)
You will be able to get in and have food and non alcoholic drinks, but they will not serve you alcohol.

Come for the game and the people, be less concerned about the alcohol.

Baaaah, I probably will. I'm so afraid of my birthday this year, tooooooo many people have said they have crap planned for me.

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#50 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:27 PM

so are we set then on having this party on April 2nd??

#51 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (timothy1997 @ February 21, 2006 - 01:27PM)
so are we set then on having this party on April 2nd??

I am game (prob can get it off from work) if everyone else is.

#52 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:39 PM

April 2, meeting at 2:30pm at Champps in Troy (click for map).

Right now, count me and Mr. Muse in. I'll let you know if one or both of us has to work.

So far, the count is:

RivalRed
Timothy1997
Dallas27
SWF
Hockey Matters
Muse
Mr. Muse

Who else is in? We'll need to make a reservation to get a large table with a good screen view that we can camp out at.

Edited by Muse, 21 February 2006 - 01:42 PM.

#53 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:50 PM

I'm unsure...first of all I'd have to ask my partner in crime, OsGod, if he wants to go. Honestly, though, I don't think I'll have the money. With school, hosting a shower for my cousin, and a vacation coming up...it's iffy.

It's a bit far from my house but I could make the hike I'm sure. You guys should make this a regular event I'm sure I'll make it one of these times...

Posted Image

#54 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 03:27 PM

To the best of my knowledge, Champps does not accept reservations. That MAY just be on weekends, but I don't think so.

Will Mr. Muse be rested this time around? We'll expect a little more out of him since he's met the initial cast of characters and knows what to expect and doesn't have a huge audition coming up. tongue.gif

Geez, too bad you can only bank those points for a week, eh?

I'm penciled in. I don't see any reason at this point why I can't make it, barring getting arrested for child abuse. (My 13 year old is lounging at home during midwinter break not doing his chores as we speak while I'm at work.) The fact that I am currently posting on a hockey message board rather than slaving is immaterial.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#55 dallas27

dallas27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:35 PM

^^^ Granted I loved all the breaks when I was in high school 3-4 years ago but they get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many breaks

#56 MSUDoubleJ19

MSUDoubleJ19

Mmm, pancakes.

• HoF Booster
  • 669 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:14 PM

Grrr, I'm in Chicago that weekend!!

Otherwise the BF lives in Detroit, so I'm there just about every other weekend and would totally meet up to watch a game sometime.

Maybe next time!
And I wonder
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

#57 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (vladdy16 @ February 21, 2006 - 04:27PM)
To the best of my knowledge, Champps does not accept reservations.  That MAY just be on weekends, but I don't think so.

Will Mr. Muse be rested this time around?  We'll expect a little more out of him since he's met the initial cast of characters and knows what to expect and doesn't have a huge audition coming up.  tongue.gif 

Geez, too bad you can only bank those points for a week, eh? 

I'm penciled in.  I don't see any reason at this point why I can't make it, barring getting arrested for child abuse.  (My 13 year old is lounging at home during midwinter break not doing his chores as we speak while I'm at work.) The fact that I am currently posting on a hockey message board rather than slaving is immaterial.

Reservations: I'm hoping that if we have a group of more than 8, they'll hold a table for us. With it being the middle of a Sunday afternoon, I'm guessing getting a table won't be a problem anyway.

I can't guarantee Mr. Muse will be more rested. He will be mostly done with his semester, done with several major concerts, so he might be a bit more perky than he was last time.

Banking points: um, yeah. I'll go to the gym. BTW, even with our pigout & drinking a couple of bottles of wine last week, I still lost 2.5 pounds by the weekend. Cool.
(Muse says this while eating some pita chips, which will likely help her gain the 2.5 pounds back).

You can always bring Planny with ya. Tell him he gets to hang out with the "crazy lady" again.

MSUdoubleJ19: you name the weekend. Many of us are always here - pick the date and let us know! I dunno if I can keep up with you and your belligerent drinking, though. tongue.gif

Edited by Muse, 21 February 2006 - 06:24 PM.

#58 MSUDoubleJ19

MSUDoubleJ19

Mmm, pancakes.

• HoF Booster
  • 669 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Muse @ February 21, 2006 - 08:22PM)
Reservations: I'm hoping that if we have a group of more than 8, they'll hold a table for us. With it being the middle of a Sunday afternoon, I'm guessing getting a table won't be a problem anyway.

I can't guarantee Mr. Muse will be more rested. He will be mostly done with his semester, done with several major concerts, so he might be a bit more perky than he was last time.

Banking points: um, yeah. I'll go to the gym. BTW, even with our pigout & drinking a couple of bottles of wine last week, I still lost 2.5 pounds by the weekend. Cool.
(Muse says this while eating some pita chips, which will likely help her gain the 2.5 pounds back).

You can always bring Planny with ya. Tell him he gets to hang out with the "crazy lady" again.

MSUdoubleJ19: you name the weekend. Many of us are always here - pick the date and let us know! I dunno if I can keep up with you and your belligerent drinking, though. tongue.gif

I will MAKE you keep up. smile.gif

And if you still can't, I'll take Mr.Muse on if necessary. He's a spartan, he should be able to hang.
And I wonder
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

#59 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:29 PM

i think that the event should be Mr B's Spectadium. I have been there several times during parties for members in the old red wing chat. We had 20+ people at events in the past and they have tons of things to do besides watch the game on their huge tvs. They have pool tables, dart boards and video games. Champps is good but it is more like a restraunt.

#60 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:50 PM

So where are we going to have it @? I could probobly get a reservation @ Champps.

I will try to check out the Spectators deal this week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users