• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rivalred

Group Events

Rate this topic

April 2, meeting at 2:30pm at Champps in Troy (click for map).

Right now, count me and Mr. Muse in. I'll let you know if one or both of us has to work.

So far, the count is:

RivalRed

Timothy1997

Dallas27

SWF

Hockey Matters

Muse

Mr. Muse

Who else is in? We'll need to make a reservation to get a large table with a good screen view that we can camp out at.

Edited by Muse

I'm unsure...first of all I'd have to ask my partner in crime, OsGod, if he wants to go. Honestly, though, I don't think I'll have the money. With school, hosting a shower for my cousin, and a vacation coming up...it's iffy.

It's a bit far from my house but I could make the hike I'm sure. You guys should make this a regular event I'm sure I'll make it one of these times...

To the best of my knowledge, Champps does not accept reservations. That MAY just be on weekends, but I don't think so.

Will Mr. Muse be rested this time around? We'll expect a little more out of him since he's met the initial cast of characters and knows what to expect and doesn't have a huge audition coming up. tongue.gif

Geez, too bad you can only bank those points for a week, eh?

I'm penciled in. I don't see any reason at this point why I can't make it, barring getting arrested for child abuse. (My 13 year old is lounging at home during midwinter break not doing his chores as we speak while I'm at work.) The fact that I am currently posting on a hockey message board rather than slaving is immaterial.

To the best of my knowledge, Champps does not accept reservations.  That MAY just be on weekends, but I don't think so.

Will Mr. Muse be rested this time around?  We'll expect a little more out of him since he's met the initial cast of characters and knows what to expect and doesn't have a huge audition coming up.  tongue.gif 

Geez, too bad you can only bank those points for a week, eh? 

I'm penciled in.  I don't see any reason at this point why I can't make it, barring getting arrested for child abuse.  (My 13 year old is lounging at home during midwinter break not doing his chores as we speak while I'm at work.) The fact that I am currently posting on a hockey message board rather than slaving is immaterial.

Reservations: I'm hoping that if we have a group of more than 8, they'll hold a table for us. With it being the middle of a Sunday afternoon, I'm guessing getting a table won't be a problem anyway.

I can't guarantee Mr. Muse will be more rested. He will be mostly done with his semester, done with several major concerts, so he might be a bit more perky than he was last time.

Banking points: um, yeah. I'll go to the gym. BTW, even with our pigout & drinking a couple of bottles of wine last week, I still lost 2.5 pounds by the weekend. Cool.

(Muse says this while eating some pita chips, which will likely help her gain the 2.5 pounds back).

You can always bring Planny with ya. Tell him he gets to hang out with the "crazy lady" again.

MSUdoubleJ19: you name the weekend. Many of us are always here - pick the date and let us know! I dunno if I can keep up with you and your belligerent drinking, though. tongue.gif

Edited by Muse

Reservations: I'm hoping that if we have a group of more than 8, they'll hold a table for us. With it being the middle of a Sunday afternoon, I'm guessing getting a table won't be a problem anyway.

I can't guarantee Mr. Muse will be more rested. He will be mostly done with his semester, done with several major concerts, so he might be a bit more perky than he was last time.

Banking points: um, yeah. I'll go to the gym. BTW, even with our pigout & drinking a couple of bottles of wine last week, I still lost 2.5 pounds by the weekend. Cool.

(Muse says this while eating some pita chips, which will likely help her gain the 2.5 pounds back).

You can always bring Planny with ya. Tell him he gets to hang out with the "crazy lady" again.

MSUdoubleJ19: you name the weekend. Many of us are always here - pick the date and let us know! I dunno if I can keep up with you and your belligerent drinking, though. tongue.gif

I will MAKE you keep up. smile.gif

And if you still can't, I'll take Mr.Muse on if necessary. He's a spartan, he should be able to hang.

i think that the event should be Mr B's Spectadium. I have been there several times during parties for members in the old red wing chat. We had 20+ people at events in the past and they have tons of things to do besides watch the game on their huge tvs. They have pool tables, dart boards and video games. Champps is good but it is more like a restraunt.

Guest shanny14
Grrr, I'm in Chicago that weekend!!

Otherwise the BF lives in Detroit, so I'm there just about every other weekend and would totally meet up to watch a game sometime.

Maybe next time!

This sucks.. Im gone too... sad.gif To Buffalo, NY to see my boyfriend.. you guys couldnt you have done this some other day sad.gif

Guest shanny14
hopefully we have a pretty good turnout and we can do more events like these in the future. I remember when I was with the red wing chat parties. We had them once a month at the most and had a lot of fun.

well, then i may be able to come to one of them then! biggrin.gif

i never had a internet party at champps. I have had several parties at Spectadium.

Well I just called there to get some information and they put me on hold for 10 minute so I hung up and called back, no answer.... First signs of bad service. sad.gif

I will MAKE you keep up. smile.gif

And if you still can't, I'll take Mr.Muse on if necessary. He's a spartan, he should be able to hang.

OMG you have no idea how funny that statement is.

Yes, he's a Spartan, and I've teased him many times that he needs to learn to drink much more in order to "fit in". He is not a typical Spartan in that regard.

Timothy, why would we want to do something *besides* drink & watch the game????

I've never been to the spectadium. If it's not too far N or E I'm willing, as long as the food is good, the TVs are big, and it's not too smoky.

Well I just called there to get some information and they put me on hold for 10 minute so I hung up and called back, no answer.... First signs of bad service. sad.gif

ouch!! not sure if Spectadium does reservations but I doubt it will be packed on an early Sunday afternoon. Besides, all it takes is one of us to get there early and reserve seats. They have a seating area with tables to the right of the bar with 3 huge tv screens all around.

Timothy, why would we want to do something *besides* drink & watch the game????

I've never been to the spectadium. If it's not too far N or E I'm willing, as long as the food is good, the TVs are big, and it's not too smoky.

after the game, for those that want to hang out still and intermissions

Edited by timothy1997

Maybe the first one should be at Champps so we can all talk and the next one at Spectadium for a wider range of things to do?

not a bad idea. It doesn't matter to me either way where the party is at. I am just more familar with Spectadium and what they have there. I have no problem getting there early to reserve seats for the day. I think 2:30pm is a good time tho.

Edited by timothy1997

Maybe the first one should be at Champps so we can all talk and the next one at Spectadium for a wider range of things to do?

I agree. We had a group of us together at the Troy Champps last month, and it was nice. The place was big, the service was decent, the tvs are huge. It's not as loud as Mr. B's and less smoky, so it might be a good first place to meet.

If people want to go out after the game, we could always go to another place. The bar-hopping LGW crowd. wink.gif