• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LemonPower

Wings acquire D Cory Cross from Penguins

Rate this topic

Guest RW0619
Can he fight...or better yet is he willing to get his ass kicked?

JK

Maybe he's cheaper than rivers?

Nope, he's not cheaper than Rivers according to the NHLPA website. Rivers make $450K, while Cross makes $875K.

JK

I thought Rivers made the league Minimum

Guest RW0619

JK

I thought Rivers made the league Minimum

He does make league minimum, $450K. Cross make more than that at $875K.

Guest WestCoastWingsFan
No, IMO. Not worth Rivers + a 4th rounder.

I couldn't agree more. I don't get why we didn't trade for Salei. He'd be the perfect replacement for Fisch.

Guest ontariowingsfan
I remember when Cory Cross played for Toronto years ago..havent heard anything from him in awhile....

same here

Its basically Rivers for Cross. The Wings traded a 4th rounder to get Cross, but then they recieved a pick in the Rivers deal.

Cross is better than Rivers. I am happier with Cross at the 6-7 spot then I would be with Rivers.

I dont think we expected much, and thats exactly what we got. Not much.

I dont think we expected much, and thats exactly what we got. Not much.

People were dreaming if they thought we'd actually get Salei or Witt. It was never going to happen, I'd rather not move high picks and prospects for those players.

Guest WestCoastWingsFan
are we still paying fischers salary for this season?.....

Yes, but it doesn't count against the cap unless we put him back in the lineup (which won't happen).

Not a bad deal but at least gives a bit more depth. Cross is a slight upgrade over Cross, although Kronwall will probably play over Cross come playoff time. It's odd for a trade deadline without a major wings deal, but that's the new NHL. We're topped out cap wise and there's really not much need to drastically change the team. We're first in the West and as long as we go into the playoffs healthy and playing well, that's all that matters.

Carolina has certainly put themselvse in playoff mode though. Sure, Recchi is old, but on a good team any vet can rekindle the flame.

Guest WestCoastWingsFan
Is Salei even really available? You'd think he would've gone.

Supposedly he was. I don't see why he wouldn't be. He's not what you'd call young, and Anaheim is rebuilding, so it would make sense for them to move him. I guess they wanted too much for him.

Yes, but it doesn't count against the cap unless we put him back in the lineup (which won't happen).

wouldn't that give us more cap room for a physical rental instead of trading dead weight for another old peace of useless meat.....