• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest 19RWfan

Holland: Wings close to signing "Top 4" D-man

Rate this topic

According to the article in today's Detroit Free Press, the Red Wings are close to signing a top 4 defenseman. The name wasn't mentioned. Any guesses as to who this defenseman is?

Here's a link to the article: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article.../607260441/1053

If they are, I hope he is making an RFA an offer because the UFA's look a little grim... Is Markov considered a top 4 DMan?

This spells the end of Lilja's 18m/night which is good for both him and the team. I bet Cheli or Lebda become the guy who gets cycled in and out though.

I would love to have Markov. He has reminded me of Vlady. We need that grit.

That's an insult to Vladdy. Markov is physical, but very injury prone and is not the best character for the locker room. I guess he's better than nothing

Do any of you guys think that this means that someone from the current D will be traded? This signing will give the Wings 7 d-men and that physical defenseman that Holland talks about hasn't been signed yet, so assuming Holland does sign another guy thats 8 on the big squad.

Do any of you guys think that this means that someone from the current D will be traded? This signing will give the Wings 7 d-men and that physical defenseman that Holland talks about hasn't been signed yet, so assuming Holland does sign another guy thats 8 on the big squad.

I always remember Markov being physical with Philly and Nashville. While he is injury prone, all of those injuries are because he plays a hard nosed type of game. Those injuries have also been during the last two years, so maybe the guy has just had a string of bad luck.

Edited by DraperFan MN

Greg Brady of WDFN's exact words, "The Wings are very close to signing a pretty elite defenseman..."

Brian Leetch is the only name in the list that could be considered "elite". (He's past his elite status IMO.)

I hope it isn't him.

This is great news, I hope its Markov!!! And if Hasek's agent keeps contacting Kenny, AND we we're going to take a chance on psycho Eddie, does that mean Kenny might be turing Dom's way next? Or is that not even a possiblity with the trade offer's out there?...Either way, this is going to be interesting to see what Kenny does!