• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russ

(closed) Zetterberg's wrist may need surgery

Rate this topic

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=654097

The article states that he's felt some pain in his wrist during training earlier in the week and has now gone back to the US to have it checked out. Operation might be needed as he's had this problem on and off for 1½ year now. Detroit wants to get to the bottom of the problem now.

On the question if he's gonna miss the start of the season his agent answers that it's too early to say at this moment.

via Swedish poster at another forum.

A little help, RB!?

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=654097

Online translators are useless.

Something about a wrist injury and that he is flying to Detroit for the Wings to examine him. You can't always believe what you read, especially in foriegn press. However, take it for what it is worth.

http://www.worldlingo.com/en/websites/url_translator.html

Edited by CenterIce

I just want to know why they waited until it's getting closer to the start of the new season if he's been having this problem for the past year and a half. I mean it's obviously better to deal with it now than as we near the playoffs in 2007, but during the off-season would have been even better and with our early playoff exit, there's been a significant amount of "off-season".

The pain comes and goes, so maybe Hank thought it would just go away in this long off-season. It flared up while practicing with Timra so seems like the Wings want to have it checked out once and for all. If an operation is going to make it go away, they might opt for it. Guess it depends on what the doctors find when he gets here. It doesn't seem too bad.

Hoping for the best, especially for Mike Babcock's sanity.

I hope he doesnt miss a portion of the season. The last thing we need is our best forward being out of the lineup on a team which is already reallly weak up front.

Not to mention if Zettberg is out, Samuelsson will play worse and possibly Homer too. They need him.

A little help, RB!?

The other poster pretty much summed it all up. Some more details.

The article says Zetterberg has been forced to tape his wrists in order to be able to play from time to time, but other times he's felt fine. The pain re-occurred when Zetterberg started to practice on ice earlier this week with his former team Timra. The doctors in Detroit want to examine him and find out what's wrong once and for all, so he's been put on a plane to Detroit. He may need an operation in order to get rid of this injury. Agent Gunnar Svensson doesn't know if this threatens Zetterberg's season premiere: "Nobody has that answer right now".

I hope this helps.

there's been mention of hank's wrist concern before but never to the tune of surgery... until now. hopefully it doesn't require anything major, unless of course it means he'll return with that much more agility. in any event, i'm sure the trainers are all over this.

The other poster pretty much summed it all up. Some more details.

The article says Zetterberg has been forced to tape his wrists in order to be able to play from time to time, but other times he's felt fine. The pain re-occurred when Zetterberg started to practice on ice earlier this week with his former team Timra. The doctors in Detroit want to examine him and find out what's wrong once and for all, so he's been put on a plane to Detroit. He may need an operation in order to get rid of this injury. Agent Gunnar Svensson doesn't know if this threatens Zetterberg's season premiere: "Nobody has that answer right now".

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

No idea, the article doesn't get into specifics. It only says "wrist injury".

Oh I know, I was just speculating. Bone chips just seems to be a common culprit with injuries that linger or only surface from time to time. (See: Joseph, Curtis)

Might be better to get him back and clean it out ASAP if that's the case. Waiting hasn't obviously helped.

If it is bonechips, it shouldnt be that bad. I had a large loose piece of bone removed from my knee arthroscopically and the recovery time is only about a month to two months. Could be different for an NHL player though.

Guest BCWINGZFAN

He'll be fine soon even if he has surgery--better solved now than made worse later!

thanks barnes, it clears it up abit.. i really just hope this is a rumor though, we can't afford to lose him for even half a season that would be the worst thing possible.. it would be even less goals scored this year :scared:

*Sigh*

Why would you wait this long to get this examined when it was an ongoing problem? The pain comes and goes, I can level with that arguemnt, but still, if it even was just a slight annoyance right after the playoffs ended, better to get it checked sooner rather than later.

But, nothing you can do about it now. I'm not banking on Zetterberg to be out for long, I'm confident he'll get the wrist fixed in time for the beginning of the season, or for the majority of it.