• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zeta Power 40

Anson Carter an (e4) Detroit according to Eklund

Rate this topic

In Whitney's defense those points he got in Columbus came because he was on the 1st line and on the 1st power play unit and basically they used him in all situations.

When he came to Detroit he got stuck on the 2nd and 3rd units and didn't get 1/2 the playing time he had in Columbus.

It wasn't that he bombed as a player it was that he didn't get the same amount of ice time.

PS, he had a really good playoffs this year and I was not at all surprised by it. He's a good player when used appropriately. We did him no justice in Detroit.

Also in whitneys defense he was hurt half the season when he got here i just wish the wings would have given him another shot but with the cap i dont see how they could have done it.

reading more at ek's site. it sounds like maybe he really doesn't expect anything to happen. but still... e4? you can't just throw that out there and then say "but, it could turn out that nothing happens".

Where did u see Wingz offered Dumont more $? I know they said a team did, but never said which team it was. Anson Carter? I haven't seen a black guy in a Wingz Jersey since Tupac.

Where did u see Wingz offered Dumont more $? I know they said a team did, but never said which team it was. Anson Carter? I haven't seen a black guy in a Wingz Jersey since Tupac.

Nate Robinson...he was on the Wings in 03-04.

The vast majority of this board wanted to keep small, quick, not terribly skilled Robinson over big, strong, good skater, skilled at both ends Kopecky.

Keep room for the rookies dont sign anyone ... we should even had signed johnson

While we shouldn't have, I'm past that and concentrating on the plus side, the guy is a good player and will come to compete. While we could have given that spot to youngsters, at least we have someone we can depend on anyway.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Well, I agree that he wouldn't hurt this team and that he could go a long way in replacing Shanny's 40 regular season goals. But the problem is, if we sign Anson Carter, the roster is essentially set, and after an off-season full of promises, we'd be left with a team very similar to the one that got bounced in the first round last year. This is especially true for our forward unit. Despite the floating Shanny committed from time to time, he did provide arguably more toughness than anybody else in our top six, and with him gone, we're even softer than last season. Personally, I felt it was quite clear that the Wings needed to add a forward capable of driving to the net, but it seems less and less likely that Ken Holland is going to acquire such a forward.

Not to mention the fact that signing Anson Carter basically means that Jiri Hudler, Tomas Kopecky and Daryl Bootland will all have to fight for one roster spot (at the most).

Agreed. I think Carter would be a good fit and score some goals but will not bring a physical preseance.

Also why does everyone want Zets at center when he can play wings and make lang more effective.

Also Rofl At the 2pac joke. RIP PAC!!

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Also why does everyone want Zets at center when he can play wings and make lang more effective.

Lang's effectiveness isn't reduced as much playing on the third line as Z's is playing out of position. Want Lang on the second line? Trade Datsyuk for a winger.

"Woop There it is, Woop there it is" Are you forgeting about Kwame?

? must of missed that one, lol.

edit - just looked up Kwame, mayor of Detroit. I'm down here in florida

so i definately missed it, video?

Edited by ocalafloridawingzfan

I have mixed feelings over this. I wouldn't mind Carter playing for us,but it would be stupid not to let our kids play. If only we haven't signed Johnson...

I'm fairly certain the only player that Johnson takes icetime away from is Bootland. However, that's one too many kids.

Lang's effectiveness isn't reduced as much playing on the third line as Z's is playing out of position. Want Lang on the second line? Trade Datsyuk for a winger.

The first statement is debatable, since the main issue becomes limited ice time from Lang's point of view. However as usual, I'm all for trading Datsyuk for a winger. Samuelsson and Williams are not top six wingers and Carter shouldn't be an option.

I'd trade Lang for a winger before Datsyuk....as Lang's production on any line wont be as high as Datsyuk's.

In the regular season that is. Lang will produce in the playoffs. Datsyuk would also fetch a better return.

plus Holland wont let Datsyuk slip away, we all know this.

This much is true.

In the regular season that is. Lang will produce in the playoffs. Datsyuk would also fetch a better return.

as of right now Lang has a record of producing more in the playoffs, hopefully datsyuk explodes this coming year in the playoffs, we all know he has the talent to, i just dont understand why he hasnt yet. He would fetch a better return though, that is true.

as of right now Lang has a record of producing more in the playoffs, hopefully datsyuk explodes this coming year in the playoffs, we all know he has the talent to, i just dont understand why he hasnt yet. He would fetch a better return though, that is true.

Datsyuk exploding in the playoffs? I wouldn't hold my breath...

Datsyuk exploding in the playoffs? I wouldn't hold my breath...

i wouldnt either, the playoffs are a long ways away... Point being, you, and most other people on these boards know that hes one of the most talented players on this team, and in the league. So as far as im concerned him breaking out in the playoffs is bound to happen. :o

i wouldnt either, the playoffs are a long ways away... Point being, you, and most other people on these boards know that hes one of the most talented players on this team, and in the league. So as far as im concerned him breaking out in the playoffs is bound to happen. :o

Talent is always second to desire in the playoffs. Absolutely nothing points toward Datsyuk suddenly exploding in the playoffs next season. Nothing. He's more than welcome to prove me wrong though.

Talent is always second to desire in the playoffs. Absolutely nothing points toward Datsyuk suddenly exploding in the playoffs next season. Nothing. He's more than welcome to prove me wrong though.

You make a good point, though i think if we give him a linemate that can skate he can produce pretty well, i dont necessarily think that he needs to put up 15 goals in the playoffs or anything, because he is definitly more of a playmaker than a scorer.

anyways, i certainly hope that he does prove you wrong, not in spite of you....though if he does pick up his point producion it will definitly lead to a better post season for us.

You make a good point, though i think if we give him a linemate that can skate he can produce pretty well, i dont necessarily think that he needs to put up 15 goals in the playoffs or anything, because he is definitly more of a playmaker than a scorer.

anyways, i certainly hope that he does prove you wrong, not in spite of you....though if he does pick up his point producion it will definitly lead to a better post season for us.

I really dont think datsyuk is going to be a playoff performer , so i say trade him for a player teams need to get rid of , such as , scott gomez , simon gagne , patrick marleau , anyone of those guys i'd want over datsyuk & all of them perform in the playoffs

I really dont think datsyuk is going to be a playoff performer , so i say trade him for a player teams need to get rid of , such as , scott gomez , simon gagne , patrick marleau , anyone of those guys i'd want over datsyuk & all of them perform in the playoffs

Simon Gagne will never play in Detroit. He had one good season, which was helped by the best in the league constantly feeding him goals, and now he wants 5 or 6 million a year....im starting to think hes russian ;)

as for the other two....you're right they do perform more.....eh i dunno....i just hope that dats doesnt ask for the same kinda money gagne wants....though i know he will :blink: