• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kelloggfan

Who's wearing the "C" this year?

Rate this topic

Well earlier they mentioned through the media that Lidstrom was going to get the "C" but that was just speculation apparently. He still has probably the strongest chance of getting it, but don't be surprised if Zetterberg has it in keeping with the tradition of having a long serving captain.

As far as I have heard, it's like 99% certain that it will be Lidstrom, but the OFFICIAL word hasn't come from the team yet. So I guess if you want to you could still hope for another player, but it's very unlikely that anyone other than Lids will get the job. The only other real possible alternative is Zetterberg, if as SwedeLundin said, they want to establish their next long-term captain now. However, it seems most likely that they will go with Lidstrom for at least a year or two before Zetterberg takes over.

Guest Bramphousian
don't be surprised if Zetterberg has it in keeping with the tradition of having a long serving captain.

what tradition!? If I'm not mistaken, there've been three captains who held captaincy for more than five years consecutively.... Abel, Delvecchio and Stevie. The time between Abel and Delvecchio was a decade, and three other captains... between Delvecchio and Yzerman, at least 12 years and 17 different captains, though a few of those 17 were captains more than once (Grant, Libett, Larson, Hextall) .. that hardly constitutes a tradition. Hell,

Edited by Bramphousian