• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

RWN HQ being invaded in December!

Rate this topic

We have LGWers visiting HQ the weekend of December 9th and then a few coming in for the New Years Eve and/or January 2nd game.

Everybody sound off - who's coming to town when? Which residents of HQ are available for GTGs either weekend, to either fit in a GTG between games or watch a game on TV? None of this is carved in stone except for those traveling, so chime in even if you're interested but not sure you're available.

Please also give suggestions for a location for our GTG. I'd like to get at least one in at The Penalty Box in Fenton if possible.

A little birdie must've told you I was going to be in town! LOL

I'll be arriving either the 29th or the 30th of December and leaving the 3rd of January.

I have no idea yet where I'm staying and a lot of what I'm doing may be based on that.

My brother in law is coming with me as well (he's a great partyer). He's also got family in Michigan.

I'm attempting to get tickets to the New Years Eve game as well.

I also heard Tidysteve is going to be flying in for the 12/31 and 1/2 games as well.

Anyway, I'm really excited! :)

Maybe Matt wants to host a New Years Eve party ;)

Mark your calendars it's invasion of the RGDT!!!

Edit: Also, if you are attending the January 2nd game maybe we can all meet up somewhere in Greektown prior to going over to the game and ceremony? Your Thoughts?

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16

I'll probably be up either Fri 12/1 - Sun 12/3 or Thurs 12/7 - Sun 12/10 pending if I can get tickets to the Maple Leafs game on Sat 12/9.

I already got tickets for Sat 12/2 game against the Sharks but if I get Maple Leaf tickets, I'm going to sell or give away my tickets on the 12/2 game.

If I'm up that first weekend over the second though, an event will have to be tailored around watching college football somewhere on 12/2 as I think it's a big weekend of matchups and my school is on TV as well. :lol:

EDIT - Learned I am defiintley getting Maple Leaf tickets, so I will be up that 2nd weekend. ;)

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

The Navy works holiday leave at Christmastime so that half the ship goes home for Christmas and the other half for New Year's. I don't know which I'm gonna pick yet, but if it's the New Years option, you can more than likely count me in for whatever goes on around then.

yea id love to go to a real new years party. havnt been to one in a while. lol. be better then staying home. even better with a bumnch of wings fans. and this time i will find them and not be anti social. lol

Count me in.....all the way from the home of NYE (or Hogmanany) parties....Scotland :)

Anyone wanting to know about lumps of coal, tall dark strangers, black bun and what the heck does "Lang mae yir lum reek" translate as will be free to ask :P

Hope to see some of you guys at that time or a few days later at the Ducks game.

Count me in.....all the way from the home of NYE (or Hogmanany) parties....Scotland :)

Anyone wanting to know about lumps of coal, tall dark strangers, black bun and what the heck does "Lang mae yir lum reek" translate as will be free to ask :P

Hope to see some of you guys at that time or a few days later at the Ducks game.

taking a wild crack at it....."Lang is lazy and he sucks"? :lol:

so what does it really mean? I just saw Lang and figured "what other common phrase do we have on this site that uses the word Lang?"

actually I figure it's "long may your something something."

Yup you are on the right lines

Lum is a Scots word for chimney and Reek is Scottish for smoke

So long may your chimney smoke or more appropriately "long may you have good health" :)

now a new years LGW party would be fun as hell

back in the late 90s, a few of the chatters in the red wings chat room got together on NYE. Few of us went to the game at the Joe, the car pooled to Royal Oak and partied the night away. Was a blast and everyone had a good time. Ah memories :)

FYI everyone. I work most on weekends now so don't plan around my schedule. I will make if I can.

Okay, folks. It's only a month away now. Let's get planning. I'm trying to come up with NYE plans for those attending the game for afterwards. Who's in?

There are also others who are coming in for the 1/2 game. Maybe a NY Day GTG? I need answers, people!

Okay, folks. It's only a month away now. Let's get planning. I'm trying to come up with NYE plans for those attending the game for afterwards. Who's in?

There are also others who are coming in for the 1/2 game. Maybe a NY Day GTG? I need answers, people!

I still don't know the exact dates I'll be in town. Sorry :blush: Couple more days should do it though. Leaning toward the 15-27th of December.

I'll be around through NYE. Definitely up for doing something, though I can only make an earlier appearance for NYE.

I have a feeling that a lot of LGWers are coming to town in December. We may have a lot of get togethers in December! Woot!