• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Airborn

TSN: Red Wings interested in Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

I want him. I just want somebody here who is big, physical, and can do something with the puck (1st priority) and will also break some necks (2nd priority), if sombody will hurt our star players (Zetta or Dats). Just like he protected Näslund.

Williams/Hudler + 1st pick <> Bertuzzi

Roster at the playoffs:

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Samuelsson

Holmström - Zetterberg - Lang

Franzen - Draper - Maltby

Kopecky - Filppula - Hudler/Williams

If Bertuzzi can play (is healthy) then pull the trigger. But it has to be either Williams and a 1st OR Hudler and a 2nd. Not Hudler AND a 1st.

Then send either Hudler or Williams to Tampa for Fedotenko.

Then roll like this:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Fedotenko - Lang - Holmstrom

Samuelson - Filpulla - Cleary

Maltby - Draper - Kopecky/Langfield

That's a roster I can get really excited about.

Yeah, let's stick him on a line with Pavel in the playoffs. Maybe they can score some Negapoints, redeemable for Unwins this spring.

I'm in class, you bastard. And, I laughed really loud. And, just so you know, I hardly laugh at anything when it's over the computer and I'm not with friends. So, that was hysterical.

Word,

LDi03

:lol:

I want him. I just want somebody here who is big, physical, and can do something with the puck (1st priority) and will also break some necks (2nd priority), if sombody will hurt our star players (Zetta or Dats). Just like he protected Näslund.

Williams/Hudler + 1st pick <> Bertuzzi

Roster at the playoffs:

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Samuelsson

Holmström - Zetterberg - Lang

Franzen - Draper - Maltby

Kopecky - Filppula - Hudler/Williams

I 100% agree with your post. The best part would be him sticking up for teamates(not breaking their neck...but maybe breaking their nose)

I know it probably can't get done without Hudler but I would really try not to include him... But if we had to give him up I would see if he would sign a contract before we got him.

If not maybe williams/lilja or swap out Lilja for a mid-prospect plus a conditional 1st round pick if he resigns or doesnt get injured

If a trade for Bertuzzi were to happen I'd be shocked if it didn't include some form of a conditional pick based on his health.

Forsberg's been in discomfort all year and susceptible to groin injuries because of that wonky ankle, but at least he's played and shown he's effective even with the limitation.

Bertuzzi only has a week or two to make some form of impression.

This is so funny reading all this good way to start my day.. I think if Bert comes to det and plays the way he has in the past i think he will be the best person out there for the wings. We dont need any more snipers we already have them. I just think if this deal goes down watch he will come to det a man on a mission to make up for his mistakes with the a stronge chance to wim a cup you will see a man play like non other would you like to play against him in the playoffs i think not.. I really think and i have no idea why he could be the difference. I'm sure i will get alot of s*** for this post will be nice to read what is said.

This is so funny reading all this good way to start my day.. I think if Bert comes to det and plays the way he has in the past i think he will be the best person out there for the wings. We dont need any more snipers we already have them. I just think if this deal goes down watch he will come to det a man on a mission to make up for his mistakes with the a stronge chance to wim a cup you will see a man play like non other would you like to play against him in the playoffs i think not.. I really think and i have no idea why he could be the difference. I'm sure i will get alot of s*** for this post will be nice to read what is said.

You shouldn't get any crap for this post. I can't stand Bertuzzi but I'd have to agree with everything you said.

If Bertuzzi can play (is healthy) then pull the trigger. But it has to be either Williams and a 1st OR Hudler and a 2nd. Not Hudler AND a 1st.

Then roll like this:

If the Panthers would take Williams and a first rounder for Bert, I would absolutely pull the trigger. I don't want to part with Hudler, but Williams or Sammy can go as far as I'm concerned.

As Matt said, maybe Williams and a guaranteed second rounder, with the condition of a first rounder based on games played/health.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Then roll like this:

I think everyone in Hockeytown should get the notion out of their head that Jason Williams is worth anything over a 3rd round pick. He is complete garbage.

If Florida wants a 1st and a prospect/good player for Bert, guarenteed that player won't be Williams. His signing, Sammy's and Leilja's were busts by Holland. It's not all his fault as all 3 seemed to have a career year last season. But none of those players are going to attract fly's.

Start thinking players like Hudler or Kindl to secure a top winger.

If the Panthers would take Williams and a first rounder for Bert, I would absolutely pull the trigger. I don't want to part with Hudler, but Williams or Sammy can go as far as I'm concerned.

As Matt said, maybe Williams and a guaranteed second rounder, with the condition of a first rounder based on games played/health.

Ur brilliant and i like that idea, i've been pushing for this since last night

I am by no means a fan of Bert.

He played for my most hated team - The Canucks.

Even with that said :

Why is something that happened between 2 teams that are NOT Detroit years ago a discussion point on why or why not we should trade for him? This is hockey, and the Wings and mgmt need to address what they are lacking for the playoffs. Seems as though a lot of people don't want him for what happened with Moore.

Why is this even an issue? It should be "Is his back alright? Will he see his chance to win here in Det and clean up the stupid penalties? Will he fit into a more finesse and puck-possession style?"

I think everyone in Hockeytown should get the notion out of their head that Jason Williams is worth anything over a 3rd round pick. He is complete garbage.

If Florida wants a 1st and a prospect/good player for Bert, guarenteed that player won't be Williams. His signing, Sammy's and Leilja's were busts by Holland. It's not all his fault as all 3 seemed to have a career year last season. But none of those players are going to attract fly's.

Start thinking players like Hudler or Kindl to secure a top winger.

If Bert had played more than 7 games this season, everyone in this thread may be singing a different tune. The fact of the matter is, he's a UFA next season, and has nothing to show for himself this year. Unless Bert comes back in the next week and tears it up, he won't get the lofty return some are thinking.

Even with that said :

Why is something that happened between 2 teams that are NOT Detroit years ago a discussion point on why or why not we should trade for him? This is hockey, and the Wings and mgmt need to address what they are lacking for the playoffs. Seems as though a lot of people don't want him for what happened with Moore.

Why is this even an issue? It should be "Is his back alright? Will he see his chance to win here in Det and clean up the stupid penalties? Will he fit into a more finesse and puck-possession style?"

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

If Bert had played more than 7 games this season, everyone in this thread may be singing a different tune. The fact of the matter is, he's a UFA next season, and has nothing to show for himself this year. Unless Bert comes back in the next week and tears it up, he won't get the lofty return some are thinking.

Don't underestimate other teams desperation. Even though he's only played 7 games and possibly only 5 more after his long layoff, I guarentee you that a player like Jason Williams will not be what lands him.

Name 1 good thing, besides skating, that Williams does well enough to get someone of Berts potential.

Even with that said :

It's probably an issue for some because it hits (no pun intended) so close to home to the Draper-Lemieux incident.

Don't underestimate other teams desperation. Even though he's only played 7 games and possibly only 5 more after his long layoff, I guarentee you that a player like Jason Williams will not be what lands him.

Name 1 good thing, besides skating, that Williams does well enough to get someone of Berts potential.

Teams may be desperate, but they aren't stupid. There is no guarantee that Bert will even be close to effective this year since he's only played 7 games at the beginning of the season. That's a hell of a long time to go without playing. That being said, UFA's draw a lot less because there is no guarantee that the UFA will sign on with the team the following season. Now I'm not saying that Bert may not end up drawing more than a guy like Williams and a possible first rounder, but I would be greatly surprised if Bert comes back in the next week, plays mediocore, and then draws some "real" talent.

Sidenote: Potential......that's the key word here.

it makes me want to throw up in my mouth thinking of bertuzzi wearing the winged wheel.

BUT...

if he can fight some punk ass ******* in the playoff and stick up for some less endowed individuals and take the wings deep (at least WCF) then i could live with it.

selei was my choice but that was pre season. all the big guys are gone. plus, who the hell does bertuzzi have helping him out? NO ONE. florida sucks. they already have tampa (who has won a cup recently) that piss poor state doesn't need another. he'd put up numbers here. for sure.

60/40 FOR getting him if it didn't cost much.

Oh and a sidenote with this thread.

I was thinking about last summer when we all went nuts with the signing and whatnot.

There would be articles about who the wings were interested in, and a lot of it was smokescreen for who we were really interested in.

I'm beginning to wonder if they are generating the interest to shield what they are really looking at....

Will he fit into a more finesse and puck-possession style?"

While the Wings love to play puck possession, it hasn't resulted in playoff victories the last several seasons and has been effectively neutralized by keeping them away from the middle of the ice. The team has employed more of a dump-and-chase game when needed to and a guy like Bertuzzi, as long as his back holds up, would help provide even more punch to that style of game.

I'm beginning to wonder if they are generating the interest to shield what they are really looking at....

I think the Bertuzzi report was one of two things: Holland's due diligence at exploring all of his options and it leaked or that, as you said, it's a smokescreen (Roberts?).

They've already stated that Filppula is going nowhere. Kronwall is locked in, also. The only players that are on display are Williams and Hudler (since Datsyuk won't be traded). I'd love to see Lilja gone, so maybe Williams, Lilja and a pick for Bertuzzi IF he is healthy. This is a huge gamble, so I don't want to see us lose a high-round pick if we can get rid of a few busts (Sammy should stay).

Lilja won't be traded. He's depth insurance. If the Wings are going to trade a warm-body I'd be looking more at Hudler, Williams possibly Samuelsson and a few of the Grand Rapids boys, possibly one of defensemen Ericsson or Kindl or a guy like Evan McGrath.