• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Airborn

TSN: Red Wings interested in Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

And the fact remains any one of them has probably been a bit overaggressive and could have caused a freak injury like Bertuzzi did. Hell I see constant posts about getting Doan and then last night watched him slew foot Holmstrom after a whistle. That play could have resulted in a career ending injury too. All Holmstrom has to do is fall the right way. Very cheap play but it did not result in an injury. Bertuzzi's play on Moore was very cheap too, and like it or not something that has happened in the NHL forever, but it resulted in a FREAK injury. If would bet 99 times out of 100 that play does not result in a serious injury. It's unfortunate that it happened but like I said it could happen with almost anyone who plays that style of game.

I say as long as we don't pay too much and are confident that he will be able to play get him. I am sick and tired of watching Wings players get run at and cheap shotted (especially the constant slashes to the wrists of Zetts and Datsyuk) with no repercussions from the team. That crap will kill the Wings in the playoffs if they don't get someone who will stand up for them.

Refer to the earlier posts. Bertuzzi may not have intended to cripple Moore, but he did, and aside from the crocodile tears for the media, he is yet to make any restitution. If I were at the Wings lockerroom, I'd be more afraid of this thug than of the opposition.

Forget the past people and what he did to Moore. Live in the now, and in realization.

Surround this guy with a good team like the Wings, and we have ourselves an absolute dominant player. Power forward, plays with grit, scores, and has determination. I feel he's everything we need and then some.

Can we forget Bertuzzi's baggage for a second? Either you're gonna hold it against the guy or you're not.

But what would it realistically take to get him here?

So far I've heard Williams and a 1st, but that seems like a pipedream to me. Other teams can see William's limited development as clearly as we can. And yes Bert's stock has dropped because of his injury, but I bet there's still a lot of teams willing to gamble on his health. I just can't see him coming that cheap.

So my questions are this:

what would it seriously take?

And how much of his salary would we be on the hook for?

Guest GordieSid&Ted

The Red Wings are a very classy organization.

Bertuzzi is not.

I personally feel that after the Moore hit, he should have been banned from the league forever.

Wow, that's brilliant. I guess they should've banned for life anybody who ever cheap shotted somebody. You only want Bertuzzi banned because of the resulting injury. That's just laughable because basically what you are saying is that you can do what Bertuzzi did, you can cheap shot or sucker punch anybody you like and so long as they don't fracture their neck then you will be suspended or fined but you won't be banned. There have been incidents far worse than what Bert did and by that I mean the act of sucker punching somebody or trying to instigate a fight with a non-willing combatant.

I guess you would have been all for banning Dino Ciccarelli for hitting a guy in the head with his stick twice and subsequently being sentenced to a day in jail. Why didn't they ever ban Tie Domi for the countless cheapshots and sucker punches he delivered to unsuspecting players that left them unconscious on the ice, situations where the players were knocked out cold and could've died from hitting their heads on the ice.

You may think Bert should've been banned for life but IMO you haven't thought about or analyzed that idea very well.

Can we forget Bertuzzi's baggage for a second? Either you're gonna hold it against the guy or you're not.

So far I've heard Williams and a 1st, but that seems like a pipedream to me. Other teams can see William's limited development as clearly as we can. And yes Bert's stock has dropped because of his injury, but I bet there's still a lot of teams willing to gamble on his health. I just can't see him coming that cheap.

Hudler and a 1st as much as Id hate to see that.

I think Williams will be traded just to move the space/salary, then a pick, and possibly Hudler but more likely Grigrorenko.

Bert is UFA after this season, right?

I know he is a good player, but I can't stand him for what he did to Moore, and how he behaved in the aftermath.

I really hope that the Wings don't get him.

i agree, he's a pretty big peace of... well you know

Forget the past people and what he did to Moore. Live in the now, and in realization.

Surround this guy with a good team like the Wings, and we have ourselves an absolute dominant player. Power forward, plays with grit, scores, and has determination. I feel he's everything we need and then some.

You said it yourself. Disregard his past.

Ask yourself:

Is Bert still

- A power forward

- A dominant player

- Gritty

- Scoring

- Determined

?

Can you picture Chelios and Bertuzzi on the same team? They would be fighting in the locker room!

Thats exactly what I was thinking :lol:

Anyway, for the past year or so EVERYONE almost, here was complaining of "how we need a gritty guy", and "how we need a good winger", then we would be complte. Well here it is, this is a 2 in 1 package. He can score, and he can hit, the two main things we need right now. Believe me I hate Bertuzzi with a passion, (especially because I'm a Chelios fan), but like him or not, we need him.

Compare TB to Hatcher. Hatcher is one mean, nasty, dirty and tough SOB and you absolutely hate him on the other team, but he does not cross the line.

Yea. Knocking 3 teeth out of an 18 year old who is 7 In. shorter than him with his stick cannot be seen as dirty <_<

Good try though...

Ask yourself:

Is Bert still

- A power forward

- A dominant player

- Gritty

- Scoring

- Determined

?

Surrounded by a good team, yes. He needs to get past his demons, and he's going to. This year, he's at 7 games with 7 points on the Panthers. Still a point per game player, and still more than likely a 30-40 goal scorer. Not to mention he's only 32, not old at all, pretty much the average age of an NHLer.

Realistically, its going to take a package like Hudler and a 1st Rounder for Bert. It would obviously be phenomenal if the Panthers would go for Williams and a 1st, but depending on what others are offering is what will tell the tale. Again Bert could just be a smokescreen.

If I'm calculating correctly, if we got Bert before any other games were played it would cost the Wings $1,734,914.70.

If we got Bert the day of the Trade Deadline, the Wings would take a cap hit of $1,220,866.30.

However, if Bert has been on IR for almost the entire season, that might change things. If anyone knows if that affects salary cap for the team that takes over his contract at the trade deadline, please explain.

I agree that it's doubtful that anyone is is interested in Williams. Possibly Hudler.

As for the salary, we would only be on the hook for his prorated salary (what he's owed until the end of the year), so it's definitely doable. Bertuzzi is a free agent at the end of the year, so no long-term commitment is required.

Any major deadline rental move is a major gamble that really only works for one team (the one that wins the cup). We definitely need a Betuzzi like player, and I don't see a better option out there unless Phoenix would move Doan. We'll have to see.

Ask yourself:

Is Bert still

- A power forward

- A dominant player

- Gritty

- Scoring

- Determined

?

I am willing to look past the Moore incedent. But it is his constant piss-poor attitude that really gets to me.

But for the list above ^

1) a Power Forward = he definatley still could hold that role

2) a dominant player = it has been a few years since we have seen this guy at the top of his game. He showed occasional flashes (like last years hat trick against us) but he has some work to do.

3) Gritty - its here where he gets in trouble - one game he is on, the next game he is off, then the next he goes to far. 4) Scoring - Put with the right guys, yeah this guy could still net 30 a season for sure.

5) Determined - This guy was never determined. He was lazy. Other than his occasional recless behaviour, it was his worst problem. Ask any Canucks fan, (even those who liked him) ... you never knew if when he showed up at the rink that night if he was going to give a s*** or not.

TB can go to hell and I do not want him on our team, even if it means a Cup. Hell, it won't get us one any way.

You're saying if we landed Bertuzzi, he had a clean playoffs, and we won the Cup you wouldn't be happy because of what he did to Moore? Somehow I dont beleive you. Either you're lying or you're crazy.

You're saying if we landed Bertuzzi, he had a clean playoffs, and we won the Cup you wouldn't be happy because of what he did to Moore? Somehow I dont beleive you. Either you're lying or you're crazy.

If he came here, I'd hate him. I sure as hell wouldn't buy a Bert jersey, BUT ... if we won a cup, I would be happy. I never denied the guys god given ability. He has the size, the hands ... well everything, but just the absolute worst attitude I have ever seen.

However, I am torn ... its the Stanley Cup. And we as Detroit fans know thats ALL that matters.

Im going to guess there not a TRUE Red wings fan then.. and lets go with there CRAZY