• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#1 Airborn

Airborn

Two primal opposing yet complementary forces

• PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:40 PM

Here is an article on TSN that states the Wings have interest. Two points stuck out to me.

1. Bertuzzi needs to show he's healthy enough to contribute

2. The Panthers asking price might not be be too steep because of Bertuzzi's limited playing time this year (my guess is 1st rounder and mid-level prospect)

http://www.tsn.ca/ts.../darren_dreger/

#2 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE(Airborn @ February 7, 2007 - 06:40PM) View Post

Here is an article on TSN that states the Wings have interest. Two points stuck out to me.

1. Bertuzzi needs to show he's healthy enough to contribute

2. The Panthers asking price might not be be too steep because of Bertuzzi's limited playing time this year (my guess is 1st rounder and mid-level prospect)

http://www.tsn.ca/ts.../darren_dreger/

if they are SERIOUSLY willing to deal Bertuzzi for a prospect and draft pick then i am ALL for it.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#3 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:46 PM

DO IT ... WE NEED HIM ...

#4 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:48 PM

Bert is UFA after this season, right?

I know he is a good player, but I can't stand him for what he did to Moore, and how he behaved in the aftermath.
I really hope that the Wings don't get him.

#5 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:48 PM

Interesting.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#6 Curban915

Curban915

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:52 PM

off topic how did you get the pic. i'm new to this want to put one on but dont know how.

#7 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:52 PM

I'm thinking about how I felt when we got Chelios at first, and this is a hundred times worse. Plus there's no Bowman to reign him in like he did with Chellie. Well, if we want the rivalry to start with Colorado again, this is definitely one way to do it.

Yuck.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#8 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:53 PM

Every Wings fan older than 10 years old wants a big gritty tough winger with a scoring touch. Those players aren't exactly a dime a dozen, so I am not gonna say, "I want a big gritty tough winger with a scoring touch, but a different big gritty tough winger with a scoring touch."
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#9 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,451 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE(sibiriak @ February 7, 2007 - 09:48PM) View Post

Bert is UFA after this season, right?

I know he is a good player, but I can't stand him for what he did to Moore, and how he behaved in the aftermath.
I really hope that the Wings don't get him.

How was it that he behaved in the aftermath?

#10 yzerman&thewings=CUP

yzerman&thewings=CUP

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 972 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:54 PM

I would say lets wait til he's healthy and how he produces. A 1st rounder and a prospect seems kind of steep for a playoff rental. Granted, the type of player Bertuzzi is would be solid in the playoffs, I would say a 1st rounder should suffice. It pains me to deal away a 1st rounder, even for someone like Bertuzzi because that is our future we're dealing away.
When our time here on Earth is done, we will leave everything we have behind. But, we will take with us all that we are - Adrian Rogers

#11 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(toby91_ca @ February 7, 2007 - 08:53PM) View Post

How was it that he behaved in the aftermath?

If I ever cripple somebody, even inadvertently, I hope that i'd be man enough and own up to it, and pay the appropriate damages to the victim. Especially if I could afford them, like Bertuzzi can. You do realize that Moore still haven't seen a dime from Bertuzzi, right?

#12 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(vladdy16 @ February 7, 2007 - 06:52PM) View Post

I'm thinking about how I felt when we got Chelios at first, and this is a hundred times worse. Plus there's no Bowman to reign him in like he did with Chellie. Well, if we want the rivalry to start with Colorado again, this is definitely one way to do it.

Yuck.

I probably would have agreed with you at one point. But one thing I'm proud of as a Detroit fan in general is that athletes with a history can come to Detroit and get a second chance. Rasheed Wallace and Kenny Rogers, etc. Guys have rebuilt their reputations in Detroit because the fans have told them, "Hey, we don't care about what happened in the past. Be a team player and play your hardest, and all that stuff is forgotten." It's something I definitely buy into. Why not see if the same can happen with Bertuzzi?
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#13 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:02 PM

my god guys....come on....is there any question???? for a DRAFT PICK and a PROSPECT! How can we refuse

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#14 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:09 PM

This is out of character for me...but I'd have to say yes.

Who knows? This is where Bert could get back on his feet again.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#15 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:11 PM

Hmm, usually Darren Dreger doesn't bulls***, so there could be some truth to this. At least it's not from Eklund. hehe.gif

Edited by Kp-Wings, 07 February 2007 - 10:12 PM.

#16 WhiteLightning91

WhiteLightning91

Feed the Mule!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:12 PM

You nancy's who don't want Bertuzzi on this team are out of your mind. This guy is what this team needs. Forget all the Steve Moore bulls***. I am so tired of people bringing that incident up. I could care less what happened with him and Steve Moore. I was completely shocked to see it happen, and was just as disgusted as you were, but the Red Wings going deep into the playoffs is a hell of a lot more important to me than what happened to some schmo Avs player 3 years ago.

We keep hearing people saying that we need a big, tough, scoring winger on this team. Well, here is the guy. And now that we have someone in mind people are saying no.

BEGGARS CANT BE CHOOSERS!!!

GMRwings1983: "Hudler has been stellar"

#17 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:12 PM

Yeah, let's stick him on a line with Pavel in the playoffs. Maybe they can score some Negapoints, redeemable for Unwins this spring.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#18 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE(betterREDthandead @ February 7, 2007 - 10:01PM) View Post

I probably would have agreed with you at one point. But one thing I'm proud of as a Detroit fan in general is that athletes with a history can come to Detroit and get a second chance. Rasheed Wallace and Kenny Rogers, etc. Guys have rebuilt their reputations in Detroit because the fans have told them, "Hey, we don't care about what happened in the past. Be a team player and play your hardest, and all that stuff is forgotten." It's something I definitely buy into. Why not see if the same can happen with Bertuzzi?

I completely agree. The problem is his complete and utter lack of remorse. I won't rehash the whole scenario and I hope no one else does either. We don't need to debate it again. I also can't deny the Wings need a physical presence, especially since anyone could pull up at least 10 threads where I advocate it. I just wish we had better options.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#19 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(WhiteLightning91 @ February 7, 2007 - 09:12PM) View Post

You nancy's who don't want Bertuzzi on this team are out of your mind. This guy is what this team needs. Forget all the Steve Moore bulls***. I am so tired of people bringing that incident up. I could care less what happened with him and Steve Moore. I was completely shocked to see it happen, and was just as disgusted as you were, but the Red Wings going deep into the playoffs is a hell of a lot more important to me than what happened to some schmo Avs player 3 years ago.

We keep hearing people saying that we need a big, tough, scoring winger on this team. Well, here is the guy. And now that we have someone in mind people are saying no.

BEGGARS CANT BE CHOOSERS!!!

I would hope that the Wings would have enough class in their organization, to refuse to hire an unrepentant violent criminal, however good a player he is. I certainly would have hard time rooting for them, when Bertuzzi is on the ice wearing red.

#20 tazzer82

tazzer82

Playoff time

• PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:17 PM

There is no way in hell I'd continue to watch this team if Holland gets Todd cheapshot Bertuzzi. What he did to Moore was probably the worst thing you can do to another guy, and he had zero remorse for it after it happened. There is no way I'd want to see him on this team, and hopefully Holland doesn't sign him. Let him stay in Florida golfing.
“The only people Chris Osgood owes anything to are himself and his teammates.” - Mickey Redmond