• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingedWheelin06

Holland backing down?

Rate this topic

Guest ZetterBurger40

Yet he had zero chemistry with Shanahan. There goes that theory.

Think he had something like 7 primary assists on Shanny's 40 goals?

I would be interested to see that stat, but don't know where I would find it. Also, you can't only count "primary assists"- an assist is an assist on the scoresheet, and DEFINITELY when it comes time for contract negotiations. If I remember correctly, Datsyuk did pretty well with a pure goal scorer named Brett Hull- so no, "that theory" goes nowhere.

Edited by ZetterBurger40

Guest LivingtheDream

That doesn't mean that he's only able to work magic with Z though. Same with the notion that he will for sure light it up with -anyone- -- it all depends. He may, he may not, whoever he's with and how that works.

I wouldn't be surprised if he could have good numbers with Ovechkin though, if he opted against listening to his great buddy Hank.

Hey Flipcheck - what does this mean? Is there news about Hank telling Dats to stay with Detroit? I hope so. Maybe playing with Ovechkin would be great, but then again, he may be a bit of a puck hog and Datsyuk is anything but.

P.S. I came to page 5 of a Holland thread and here we are talking about Datsyuk! :)

my (realistic) trade wishlist:

1. Guerin

2. Tkachuk

3. Nolan

4. Lapointe

Do we all agree we need to put someone else for #4?

Lapointe sure played his way off my wishlist last night. That contract looks even worse too.

Do we all agree we need to put someone else for #4?

Lapointe sure played his way off my wishlist last night. That contract looks even worse too.

Absolutely, replace Lapointe with Carter, if I'm not mistaken, Columbus is shopping him at the deadline...

I highly doubt that. Datsyuk will have chemistry with any big-time goal scorer that he's paired with- especially a beast like Ovechkin.

Still though, I highly doubt he'll go to Washington. Or for that matter Washington will take him. GM George McPhee has stated numerous times that the Capitals plan to re-build through the draft and not sign any high priced free agents, trying to avoid a major bust like they got when they signed Jagr. So even then, the chances of him going to the Capitals are next to nothing.

Speaking of the caps, Zubrus may be shopped if Mcphee can't re-sign him.

http://www.dcist.com/archives/2007/02/22/caps_report_ana.php

He has been a very good mentor to ovechkin and semin, and could be kinda difficult for those guys to see zubrus leave. He supposedly wants a 5 year deal worth 3.5 - 4 Million

I don't like how they call Sundin the best Swedish player in history.... He's awesome, but is Lidstrom chopped liver?

According to TSN on the winter GM meetings:

''I have a better sense of the market now as I head home,'' said Detroit Red Wings GM Ken Holland. ''The prices remain too high. Whether or not we'll be willing to pay that price next Tuesday at the deadline remains to be seen.''

He knows what he's doing.