• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Agalloch

Jason Williams has to be one of the worst players in the NHL.

Rate this topic

that line has got to be the worst 2nd line in the nhl right now. they're worthless.

It would be nice to get Samuelsson back on that 2nd line.

I thought Cleary played well tonight though.

Edited by bcwingsfan19

I like Lnag and all , but If theres any avaible C's in the league right now , I'd like if we could get them and trade Lang , I know hes on a cold streak , but I hate how hes hurting williams (more then usual) and Danny Boy

Cleary-Lang-Samuelson wouldnt be bad

Guest Crymson

I'm not grasping for anything. Lang has had fantastic regular seasons up to this year, and even this year he's superior to Williams. Williams has done nothing in the regular season or postseason.

How exactly am I grasping again?

Because you're attempting to twist the evidence such that you can focus any and criticism for subpar play on Williams--this is important most immediately in the case of this game, because you bash him for it yet avoid speaking of Lang, who has been playing even worse than Williams lately. Then, you try to justify Lang's bad performance in order to make sure the spotlight stays entirely on Williams. That's nonsensical, and regrettably it is an all-too-human tendency.. everyone wants to find a clear solution to a problem, and many will warp the situational info in order to make it seem like one exists.

If we want any hope of playoff success, then Lang's line had better get going here, and soon. Lang has been a bum, I don't care how well he has done in the playoffs, he looks lazy and uninspired out there and it's really pissing me off. I really hope Kenny gets someone in here with some motivation to play on our second line... Trade Lang not Williams. Lang for a 1st rounder will suffice.

my personal opinion would be to leave the first line intact and then the second line would consist of Cleary-Filppula-Guerin/Tkachuk. Filppula NEEDS more ice time. then Maltby-Draper-Franzen and using Lang/Samuelsson/Williams/Hudler as a fourth line depending on whomever is left over from our trade movements

Edited by Sentonial Debut

Guest Crymson

Note that Cleary visibly played well because he was on with linemates who aren't playing terrible hockey.

Thus, we've unwittingly proven Cleary's worth with a standard experimental design:

1) Cleary plays with Lang/Williams, when Lang/Williams are playing well. Cleary produces on a large scale.

2) Cleary plays with Lang/Williams, when Lang/Williams are in the midst of respective catastrophic slumps. Cleary can do nothing.

3) Cleary plays with Draper/Maltby, who are playing decently--though Draper is NOT a playmaking center, in any regard-- and regains his ability to create scoring chances.

Note that Cleary visibly played well because he was on with linemates who aren't playing terrible hockey.

Thus, we've unwittingly proven Cleary's worth with a standard experimental design:

1) Cleary plays with Lang/Williams, when Lang/Williams are playing well. Cleary produces on a large scale.

2) Cleary plays with Lang/Williams, when Lang/Williams are in the midst of respective catastrophic slumps. Cleary can do nothing.

3) Cleary plays with Draper/Maltby, who are playing decently--though Draper is NOT a playmaking center, in any regard-- and regains his ability to create scoring chances.

are you in deductive logic/critical reasoning class? :sly:

Thats true , he had some chemistry going on with Drapes and Malts

not only that, he had jump which i haven't seen as much from him lately. i think willy and langer are bringing him down.

Guest Crymson

are you in deductive logic/critical reasoning class? :sly:

No, what I said stemmed from common sense. However, Cleary's experiences have also coincidentally provided a solid experimental design, with controlled variables et al.

I am a science major, yes.

Guest Crymson

what's your focus?

Integrative physiology with pre-med. Within the major, my path leans more toward actual physiology than toward biomechanics.

Before this, I spent two years as an engineering student. I decided the life wasn't for me.

Integrative physiology with pre-med. Within the major, my path leans more toward actual physiology than toward biomechanics.

Before this, I spent two years as an engineering student. I decided the life wasn't for me.

Ever read or have any textbooks by Jack Wilmore during your studies?

It's all coming together now... :satisfied:

where are you going to school?

university of colorado?

Edited by datsyukismyfriend

Which one of you LGW posters stated "Let's trade Williams" after his success last season? I am going to buy you dinner, because I originally thought you were ******* nuts, and now I couldn't agree with you more.

Unbelievable... and now we get to stroll into Neckville with Ozzy in net. We all know how well the Wings do on back-to-back nights when they travel.

Thats true , he had some chemistry going on with Drapes and Malts

Yeah, I definitely thought that Cleary, Malts, and Draper had some chemistry going on... I was so relieved to see Cleary moved from the second line to a line with players who actually work hard.

Yeah lets blame Williams when he was the ONLY player to get a shot on net in the shootout.

Yeah no crap. I mean I know we bash Williams..but some people go overboard and exaggerate. Last year he was great to everyone and now this year he's trash.