• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Agalloch

Jason Williams has to be one of the worst players in the NHL.

Rate this topic

So your blaming williams right ?

Datsyuk had 0 points and a worse shootout attempt , Get off the guys back , This team palyed another s***ty game agaisnt canadian team , Blaming it on one guy makes you feel better , well I hope you feel great

Well sure, yeah. I mean scapegoats are fun and therapeutic. :P

Guest Crymson

Ever read or have any textbooks by Jack Wilmore during your studies?

No, unless I read one unwittingly (I don't pay much attention to the authors of my textbooks).

where are you going to school?

university of colorado?

Correct. Good research.

They should create a seperate topic thread for Williams, goalies, Lang, and Lilja for discussions on how much they suck.

"They're lazy and they suck. Add player names and your unrestrained flames about them here!"

It'd also be the most popular thread in LGW history. Indeed in the entirety of all nhl forums.

Guest Crymson

It has something to do with the Oilers, I sure hope we don't see another 1 vs. 8 matchup that we had last year, because I don't like our chances.

*sigh* of course, you choose to forget that we beat them 3-0 in our last meeting, and they didn't even get a shot on goal in the first period of that one..

...selective memory, I guess. This way, if we lose in the first round against Edmonton, you can point fingers and say "I told you so," but if we win then you're just fine and dandy with everything.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Crymson

I wouldn't mind seeing Williams outta here by the deadline, but something tells me he'll stay.

Same goes for Lang, but again, I am sure he will stay at least until the end of the season. I can't see us re-signing him.

Yeah, earlier in the season I was for re-signing him.. but that was when I felt that his laziness had purpose. Actually, I think it had more to do with that he produced. Now he's utter dead weight. Probably the worst guy on the team.

Williams' production is way down compared to last season but Lang has a whopping three more goals and ten more points than Willy (and is tied with Cleary in points). :crazy:

P.S. Lilja is only a -1 with four assists! :thumbup:

The game isn't one person's fault, allthough Willie can be canned at any time without the worry of hurting my feelings. You know who I think sucked more than him though? 'Badass' Bob... and he pisses me off worse 'cause it's not like he's only had one good season at the NHL level. He wasn't half bad last year, for starters.

It seemed to me that the Oilers were shutting down Detroits puck possesion with an aggresive forecheck and physical play in Detoits defensive zone.

Williams has just disappeared off the face of the ice I think.

He hasn't done anything in my recent memory that's just been plain awful (I missed where he apparently goofed on the empty net goal in Phoenix actually), but he's done almost nothing that's made him stand out for the better either.

I just don't undestand having him on the blue line on the power play when he will very rarely pull the trigger, because he can rope it pretty hard.

He's just kinda 'there' out on the ice right now for better/worse, worse right now.

I'm not going to piss and moan if he's still here after the trade deadline, I'll have some optimism that he'll hopefully step up his play soon. His trade value regardless wouldn't be that high.

Which one of you LGW posters stated "Let's trade Williams" after his success last season? I am going to buy you dinner, because I originally thought you were ******* nuts, and now I couldn't agree with you more.

I was one,... among many, many others last offseason. I also wanted Lang gone. Eh who am i kiddin...i think ive offered up everybody on the team except for Zetterberg, Lidstrom, and Holmstrom at one point or another :D

Once again though...another thread going completely overboard :rolleyes:

*sigh* of course, you choose to forget that we beat them 3-0 in our last meeting, and they didn't even get a shot on goal in the first period of that one..

...selective memory, I guess. This way, if we lose in the first round against Edmonton, you can point fingers and say "I told you so," but if we win then you're just fine and dandy with everything.

I dunno. Yes we won 3-0 the last game, but for the season we're now 1-1-2 against them. A 25% win rate is a little deflating to see. Especially when it's the team that wiped you out of the playoffs last season, and that same team is still fighting for a playoff spot (much like last season). To be honest, it just looks like we play crappy against Edmonton. I actually hope we don't finish in first this year, and take the fourth place, so we can face someone else. I don't care who we face, just not Edmonton.

edit: spelling

Edited by CdnWingsFanEh

Really, it's split wins, two ties. Shootouts count for nothing when you're comparing two teams chances in the playoffs, for obvious reasons.

Edmonton I guess has had the Wings number since their inception in the league... Not hard to guess why with Gretzky et al in the 80's, but even now they give us a rough go of it... Certainly, it would be a relief to avoid them altogether this post season.

Just curious....who made the backpass right in front of our blueline that led to the Oiler's applied pressure (and third goal)? I couldn't tell if it was Lang or Williams, but my gut says Lang with his habit for making untimely, blind backpasses. Both had a terrible game. As someone said, Cleary was much improved as soon as he was moved to the 3rd line. I'm more worried about Lang right now, he played just as bad as Williams.

Here's a hint: Babcock *could* try using somebody else other than the same three guys every single shootout.

I was getting so exited when Ken Daniels said Hudler might go and Babcock was talking to him, then he doesn't. I don't get it.

And I'm not even going to get into it with Williams. I've saide everything that can already be said.

i think roloson got the blocker on zetterberg :P

zetterberg didn't even get a shot off.

Just curious....who made the backpass right in front of our blueline that led to the Oiler's applied pressure (and third goal)? I couldn't tell if it was Lang or Williams, but my gut says Lang with his habit for making untimely, blind backpasses. Both had a terrible game. As someone said, Cleary was much improved as soon as he was moved to the 3rd line. I'm more worried about Lang right now, he played just as bad as Williams.

the errant pass was williams. though those two are interchangeable as far as i'm concerned.

zetterberg didn't even get a shot off.

Z had Roloson beaten but the puck got away from him so he didn't get a shot. Basically the heel of his stick didn't get enough of the puck to push it over the goal line. (So yeah...you're right he didn't get a shot.)

Edited by HenrikRules40

the way i see it is that williams has not had a great season but there is no reason to call him the core of the red wings problems. first off tonights loss could not be put on him (at least he was able to get some kind of shot on the goaltender as opposed to dats and zetterberg). now williams to me has some untapped potential and after a 20 goal campaign last season he hasn't played that well but trading him for a rental player just doesn't seem right. now if we can really get something worthwhile for williams then maybe we should consider a trade

Sweet avitar :lol: Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yahhhhhhhhhhh Yeah!

Man who gives a damn how he played last night. He's been terrible enough to make up for any upsides the rest of the year.

He's a slower Boyd Devereaux that can score more than one out of a hundred tries, hooray. Meanwhile, he's stealing ice time from people like Filpulla and Hudler, who not only can score, but actually want to, and will only get better.