• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GuloGulo

Lupul hit video

Rate this topic

yeah. but it's been in the league since Stevens from what I remember, and most possibly even before. you do it tough - you get penalized by the zebras and will most possibly carry a hitting marker next time you meet the team you hurt. for every crap you have to pay the price.

Actually if you look at Steven's biggest hits, he almost always has both skates on the ice and his elbows pretty well in (with the exception maybe of the Lindros hit). He just had a knack for catching guys with their head down.

He didn't do the jump up thing that a lot of guys have been doing lately.

EDIT: and for the record I don't think Kronwall is a cheapshot artist in any way. He's a smaller guy, so I'm sure he has to throw the upper body around more than most, but he just needs to keep those skates more on the ice and the elbows in.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

No? I thought they both had to or else it would be considered charging?

it's not considering leaving the ice unless you have both feet off of the ground, most people lift their closer foot so you can tilt your body and have better leverage

I disagree with Chick Parm at the end of the clip about the hit looking like the hit on Drury the night before. It's nothing like it other than being high. Lupul sees a Wing at the blue line which is why he dishes the puck off to the side to skate past him, not expecting to get hit, but knowing it's possible. In fact, it looks like he sees it at the last second and tries to get his arms up. Drury had no idea it was coming.

just sayin'...

From the NHL rulebook:

Rule 43 - Charging

43.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on any player or goalkeeper who skates or jumps into, or charges and opponent in any manner.

Charging shall mean the actions of a player or goalkeeper who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check and opponent in any manner. A "charge" may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice.

It doesn't say anything about number of strides or leaving your feet. I think those are sort of general guidelines the refs use, but have a lot of discretion whether or not it should be a penalty.

EDIT: and for the record I don't think Kronwall is a cheapshot artist in any way. He's a smaller guy, so I'm sure he has to throw the upper body around more than most, but he just needs to keep those skates more on the ice and the elbows in.

yep. totally agree with this.

I'm not sold on this hit, either. it wasn't necessary and for god's sake, I don't get why he picked Lupul.

EDIT: holy cow... Stevens was a monster.

Edited by akustyk

umm, I don't mean to nitpick, but you can't actually see the bottom of his skates in any of those photos.

heh

Yeah, that's what I was gonna say... sorry Kronner, you're still gonna get the chair. Your lawyer put up a dazzling diagram-inspired fight though.

umm, I don't mean to nitpick, but you can't actually see the bottom of his skates in any of those photos.

yes true, but what you can see it he didnt lift his leg. it would be really hard to not lift your leg and lift your foot

it's not considering leaving the ice unless you have both feet off of the ground, most people lift their closer foot so you can tilt your body and have better leverage

Oh I didn't know that. Guess you really do learn new something everyday! Thanks for clearing it up.

heh

Yeah, that's what I was gonna say... sorry Kronner, you're still gonna get the chair. Your lawyer put up a dazzling diagram-inspired fight though.

Ahem... I am his lawyer and I do not believe this case is done! :lol:

well, I think it does show it wasn't an elbow. how's that? ;)

Thanks...that makes me feel better.

yes true, but what you can see it he didnt lift his leg. it would be really hard to not lift your leg and lift your foot

Hmmm...the plot thickens.

Zata 40! I'm impressed! :clap: I was already leaning towards clean hit but you made my mind up! :clap:

You should be a lawyer...

haha, I'd rather be a hockey announcer and commentate and diagnose plays like that :P

^^^

we, the jury find the defendent not guilty your honor! :P

case closed!!

it's not that he lifted his foot, it's that he jumped. Look at your second and third image. It'd be pretty easy to imagine how he could have hopped off the ice moving that way.

Not a big deal. He just needs to keep it down is all.

Oh I didn't know that. Guess you really do learn new something everyday! Thanks for clearing it up.

Ahem... I am his lawyer and I do not believe this case is done! :lol:

:D

Somebody needs to make an avatar out of that third pic though! Blue arrows and enlarged "anatomy of a Kronwalling" words and all! This would aid greatly in deciding the truth of the matter.

"Shoulder" "Elbows in" "KRONWALLED!"

:D

Somebody needs to make an avatar out of that third pic though! Blue arrows and enlarged "anatomy of a Kronwalling" words and all! This would aid greatly in deciding the truth of the matter.

"Shoulder" "Elbows in" "KRONWALLED!"

:lol:

That would be a great ava!