• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
My GF Wishes I Was Hank

Did anyone else notice...

Rate this topic

Did anyone else notice that the wings played much more physical against chicago on tuesday than they have against anyone in years? I think with just the addition of Calder and the thought of Bertuzzi on the wings minds that they are starting to make a transition into a hard working skillfull gritty team. Now im not saying they are going to be a team full of bob proberts, but i think their attitudes have changed from "oh great lets go out there and out skate the other team but get our butts kicked phsyically" to "now we are an all around team, lets play like it and not take crap from noone." Now this is just after one game, so dont quote me on it, but i think this is the turn around we needed. What do you guys think?

Did anyone else notice that the wings played much more physical against chicago on tuesday than they have against anyone in years? I think with just the addition of Calder and the thought of Bertuzzi on the wings minds that they are starting to make a transition into a hard working skillfull gritty team. Now im not saying they are going to be a team full of bob proberts, but i think their attitudes have changed from "oh great lets go out there and out skate the other team but get our butts kicked phsyically" to "now we are an all around team, lets play like it and not take crap from noone." Now this is just after one game, so dont quote me on it, but i think this is the turn around we needed. What do you guys think?

Last 3 games where pretty good in physical deprtment, minus the minute where Lebda, or was it Lilja wanted to fight, and then didn't want to fight when it started. :P

Last 3 games where pretty good in physical deprtment, minus the minute where Lebda, or was it Lilja wanted to fight, and then didn't want to fight when it started. :P

Haha yeah that was lilja against philly when he knocked down gagne and wanted to take him out but then i think it was knuble came over and kncoked lilja around, then lilja grabbed his head and ducked and covered like he was in a tornedo drill in middle school.

I don't think they were any more physical than the best i've seen this season. They are definitely starting to get more physical than they have been though. I think missing Z and Cleary gave the guys a little push to not take so many hits and to start dishing them out.

This is exactly what I was telling my Dad because he missed the game. I kept thinking to myself..are those really the Red Wings out there?

They were fiesty, gritty, mean, and tough. I was like this: :o which in turn made me feel like this :D

Seriously though, I wonder what got into them? I don't know what it was but I freaking LOVED it. If they could play with that intensity, and physicality every game then they would go really far. It's like the second they announced we got Bertuzzi, and Calder the Wings started stepping it up. Props to Draper, and Malts for brining their grit back. Especially Malts. Is it me or is the guy playing better, and playing with more of an edge lately? I really think he's trying to play like he use to 4-5 years ago when he was an agitator, getting under the oppositions skin and just dishing out some good hits. I miss that Malts, but I really think he's making a come back! I was also really impressed with Calds. You guys weren't lying..he really is great along the boards, and he's really strong on the puck. He's pretty big for being a small guy. If that makes sense? And he drives to the net which is always great! OH and they stuck up for each other too! Lilja sort of did for Lebda, and HUDLER of all people..that little munchkin stuck up for Drapes. Which btw, was quite adorable. That's how a team should be! It's what being a team is all about. I absolutely looooved it and Im hoping they'll continue to play that way because it sure as hell makes a huge difference come post season.

This is exactly what I was telling my Dad because he missed the game. I kept thinking to myself..are those really the Red Wings out there?

They were fiesty, gritty, mean, and tough. I was like this: :o which in turn made me feel like this :D

Seriously though, I wonder what got into them? I don't know what it was but I freaking LOVED it. If they could play with that intensity, and physicality every game then they would go really far. It's like the second they announced we got Bertuzzi, and Calder the Wings started stepping it up. Props to Draper, and Malts for brining their grit back. Especially Malts. Is it me or is the guy playing better, and playing with more of an edge lately? I really think he's trying to play like he use to 4-5 years ago when he was an agitator, getting under the oppositions skin and just dishing out some good hits. I miss that Malts, but I really think he's making a come back! I was also really impressed with Calds. You guys weren't lying..he really is great along the boards, and he's really strong on the puck. He's pretty big for being a small guy. If that makes sense? And he drives to the net which is always great! OH and they stuck up for each other too! Lilja sort of did for Lebda, and HUDLER of all people..that little munchkin stuck up for Drapes. Which btw, was quite adorable. That's how a team should be! It's what being a team is all about. I absolutely looooved it and Im hoping they'll continue to play that way because it sure as hell makes a huge difference come post season.

I agree about malts. Ive been a huge fan of him for years, and it was really depressing the past few months to hear people jumping all over his back about how hes no good anymore, but i think tuesdaysgame showed alot of people hes still got alot of fuel in his tank. Hopefully he can keep it up and play like that for the rest of the season and seasons to come. Also i agree on the comment about calder being a pretty big guy for a samll guy. He reminds me a little of tie domi. Not as phsyical, but he has the same napolean complex. Now obviously noone can compare to domi, but you know what i mean.

I noticed this more so than anything against Chicago. I was telling my wife how fun it was to watch the Wings play that style of hockey.

I think a lot of it had to do with the amount of young blood in the lineup Tuesday night. The Wings had a bunch of kids up that were fighting to prove that they belong. Hopefully that (as well as the addition of Bert and Calder) gets the normal roster excited to play that style of hockey come playoff time.

Just think, a smooth-passing team that can play gritty, and has practically all the elements. Sounds great! :sly:

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I jsut hope they keep up the play. I think the game against philly was a kick in the butt for them. They saw how badly they were out played physicallly, and they saw what that can lead to as they lost the game. With that loss, and the fact that other teams watching could now see what they had to do to beat the wings, they must of seen that they had to do something to stay up top the mountain. I think teams are ganna start second guessing themselves about trying to knock us around so much with bert and clader now. The whole team seems geeked too, like the post about Hudler showed, even the munchkin wants to get in a scrap. LOVE IT!