101 replies to this topic

#41 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(ARice89 @ March 5, 2007 - 06:36PM) View Post

At least this will appease everyone who has been saying, "Call oboter up!!11 ned tughness!!" He's not an NHL player.

and maltby is?
hahahah see how much of a reaction ill gte out of that one. lol

Edited by Lint123, 05 March 2007 - 06:32 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#42 Hatcher#2

Hatcher#2

Know Your Role

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(Lou_Siffer @ March 5, 2007 - 06:32PM) View Post

Yeah, that goes to what i said about Tootoo being drastically improved now. It wasnt that long ago that Dandenault of all people didnt fair all that badly against Tootoo. If him and Dandy fought now Tootoo would pulverize him.

Yeah i knew what you were saying Lou but i thought the others should know that they have already fought with Bootland getting the Win. I can't wait to see this, i know for a fact that Bootland has improved alot aswell so bring it on TooToo. I will predict that Bootland gets the Win, remember you heard it here first, you fancy a little side bet Lou.

"Wanna go pretty boy" Carl Racki

#43 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:36 PM

i just hope the guys get healthy and back into form for the playoffs, right when everyone was clicking and the other lines were stepping up to the number 1 line and helping put pucks in the net, the entire team starts to go down with injuries...figures thumbdown.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image

#44 GodofHockeyStevieY19

GodofHockeyStevieY19

Mr. Detroit

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:40 PM

Good to hear. Ive always really liked Booter. He's a gritty guy who can put the puck in the net. I would take Bootland over Ellis or Langfeld any day.

#45 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:49 PM

should be an intresting few weeks, I say let as many AHL players play for us in the time being. We can rest before the play offs see of any types of line changes for the playoffs, shows how we play through adversity.

Edited by ben_usmc, 05 March 2007 - 06:52 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#46 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE(Hatcher#2 @ March 5, 2007 - 06:36PM) View Post

Yeah i knew what you were saying Lou but i thought the others should know that they have already fought with Bootland getting the Win. I can't wait to see this, i know for a fact that Bootland has improved alot aswell so bring it on TooToo. I will predict that Bootland gets the Win, remember you heard it here first, you fancy a little side bet Lou.

Hmmmm....i would but i dont wanna root against Bootland! Plus, its not like im completely sold on the fact Tootoo wins, with 2 middleweights like that anythings really possible. I'll remember you called it though! I'd be more shocked if he were to beat Weber than Tootoo.

How about Booter- Hordichuk? wink.gif
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#47 Jwo

Jwo

Let's go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:55 PM

he is no match for the boot

IPB Image
FireCaptain - "THIS ISN'T DATELINE, BUT WE'RE HERE TO STOP A PREDATOR."
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du,
When I see you Red Wings,
I go out of my head,
I just can't get enough,
I just can't get enough,
All the things you do to me and all the things you said,
I just can't get enough.
I just can't get enough
We slip and slide and we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough of...
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du

#48 Hatcher#2

Hatcher#2

Know Your Role

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(Lou_Siffer @ March 5, 2007 - 06:49PM) View Post

Hmmmm....i would but i dont wanna root against Bootland! Plus, its not like im completely sold on the fact Tootoo wins, with 2 middleweights like that anythings really possible. I'll remember you called it though! I'd be more shocked if he were to beat Weber than Tootoo.

How about Booter- Hordichuk? wink.gif

Bootland will have Hordi chasing him all over the ice and taking penalties, thats where Bootland is at his best, he is a s*** disturber who backs it up. Don't be surprised if he does go after Hordi, he definately has the heart and the balls, i just hope he has a hard enough head if he does.

Here is an interesting fact for everyone, Bootland and Ellis played on the same line together in Junior, they then went onto play with Toledo where again they played on the same line, next stop was the Griffins where they have also played on the same line. Tomorrow night they will probably play on the same line again in the Nhl. Does anyone know of any other players that have played for the same team since junior all the way up to the Nhl?

#49 GuloGulo

GuloGulo

Never Waive Drake

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:08 PM

Tootoo gonna get Boot-ood.

QUOTE(Hatcher#2 @ March 6, 2007 - 01:04AM) View Post

Does anyone know of any other players that have played for the same team since junior all the way up to the Nhl?

Not to be a smartass, but the Sedin Sisters are definitely such a pair laugh.gif
<DarrylBootland> I'm big league!

#50 Hatcher#2

Hatcher#2

Know Your Role

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(GuloGulo @ March 5, 2007 - 07:08PM) View Post

Not to be a smartass, but the Sedin Sisters are definitely such a pair laugh.gif

tongue.gif

#51 Yzermania19

Yzermania19

Mr. General Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:14 PM

Wasn't there someone better we could have called up than Bootland?? I mean, he's a total waste of space. "Tough guy?" Yeah, right. We might as well just spot Nashville three power plays before the game even starts.

And how can TSN.ca say Homer's out indefinitely? Everything else I've been reading says he's only going to be out a couple of games.
Posted Image
"Talk show...talk show...talk show...oooh! Curling!"

#52 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:22 PM

BOOTER!!

I gotta be one of the few on here that likes the guy. He can't skate, but he sure as hell knows how to mix it up! He'll bring lots of energy to the team tomorrow and it's great he's in time for it being against the Preds. I'm all for Booter! thumbup.gif About damn time he's been called up.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#53 cr00d

cr00d

old school

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:28 PM

Flip - Datsyuk - Rex
Calder - Lang - Mule
Maltby - Drapes - Booter
Langfeld - Ellis - Hussey

Hope Huds gets a shot with Pavs and Flip... show his worth when playing big minutes on the number one line.

Considering half of our team is hurt... those arn't terrible lines.

#54 Saran

Saran

[[LGW]]

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:35 PM

All these injuries are gettin kinda fishy hopefully we can get our whole lineup healthy and playing together at mid/end of march so they can get some chemistry and gel together instead of trying to do that in the playoffs ...

#55 tazzer82

tazzer82

Playoff time

• PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE(Yzermania19 @ March 5, 2007 - 07:14PM) View Post

Wasn't there someone better we could have called up than Bootland?? I mean, he's a total waste of space. "Tough guy?" Yeah, right. We might as well just spot Nashville three power plays before the game even starts.

At least he will defend his teammates, something that noone else on this roster does right now. And this is the best game to have him for, IMO. We all hate Tootoo running around taking cheapshots, so at least now there will be someone who will step in and do something about it. I could care less about if he wins the fight or not, the important thing is that he will defend the rest of the guys.
“The only people Chris Osgood owes anything to are himself and his teammates.” - Mickey Redmond

#56 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE(tazzer82 @ March 5, 2007 - 07:37PM) View Post

At least he will defend his teammates, something that noone else on this roster does right now. And this is the best game to have him for, IMO. We all hate Tootoo running around taking cheapshots, so at least now there will be someone who will step in and do something about it. I could care less about if he wins the fight or not, the important thing is that he will defend the rest of the guys.

Exactly. Just having Booter in the line up for the sole reason of sticking up for his mates, and fighting is good enough for me.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#57 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE(Hatcher#2 @ March 5, 2007 - 07:04PM) View Post

Bootland will have Hordi chasing him all over the ice and taking penalties, thats where Bootland is at his best, he is a s*** disturber who backs it up. Don't be surprised if he does go after Hordi, he definately has the heart and the balls, i just hope he has a hard enough head if he does.
Here is an interesting fact for everyone, Bootland and Ellis played on the same line together in Junior, they then went onto play with Toledo where again they played on the same line, next stop was the Griffins where they have also played on the same line. Tomorrow night they will probably play on the same line again in the Nhl. Does anyone know of any other players that have played for the same team since junior all the way up to the Nhl?

Agree. This move hurts no one and lets key guys rest and heal. Also, it gives Booter the opportunity to show something instead of dropping off the map like everyone's predicting. If Booter doesn't get KO'd by Hordichuk I would consider it a huge boost for the Wings. Personally, I think he could take TooToo and Weber.

Cheers!
esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#58 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(cr00d @ March 5, 2007 - 07:28PM) View Post

Flip - Datsyuk - Rex
Calder - Lang - Mule
Maltby - Drapes - Booter
Langfeld - Ellis - Hussey

Those lines make me worried a little bit. rolleyes.gif
Go Blue!!!

#59 Yzermania19

Yzermania19

Mr. General Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE(esteef @ March 5, 2007 - 07:57PM) View Post

Agree. This move hurts no one and lets key guys rest and heal. Also, it gives Booter the opportunity to show something instead of dropping off the map like everyone's predicting. If Booter doesn't get KO'd by Hordichuk I would consider it a huge boost for the Wings. Personally, I think he could take TooToo and Weber.

Cheers!
esteef

*rolls eyes* Sorry, I'm not convinced. I have seen nothing from this guy that makes me believe he belongs on an NHL roster, even for a game or two as a fill in. All he's good for is taking stupid, ill-timed penalties.

However, I'd love for him to prove me wrong, come in here and have a couple of fantastic games.
Posted Image
"Talk show...talk show...talk show...oooh! Curling!"

#60 NEEDMOREGRIT

NEEDMOREGRIT

Rookie

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:58 PM

BACKUP HAS ARRIVED !!! Time to pwn some noobs!!

Heres to a good showing for Booter thumbup.gif