• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Bootland recalled from Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

"But, but, but... he's not a goal scorer and he's not a good skater and he doesn't have a great first pass WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Hatch2 said it already. This is pretty predictable game IMO.

Nashville has far too much oomph for us to really get excited about. Hordichuk, Tootoo, Hartnell, Nichol, Weber, Smithson. All these guys will fight if need be. All we got is Booter.

I predict that Booter will try to impress the staff by throwing hits and mixing it up, maybe he'll fight Toots or Hartnell or Nichol. Nashville knows Booter is going to be in the lineup. They know what he's going to try and do and they are going to use Hordichuk to squash any hopes that we might have of Booter making an impact. Hordichuk is way, way above Booter's league. He'll be there every time Booter wants to challenge somebody else and we Booter shrivels up from Hordichuk we're all going to be f-ing pissed off about it.

Personally, I just hope our guys are playing with their heads up, that their passing game is clicking and that we ge out of there without any injuries. As much as I love a physical game, I don't love it when I know my team is going to be on the receiving end of the bigger, harder hits.

Calling Booter up means instead of going up against a Sherman Tank with a bayonet, now we're going up against it with a pistol. Big, f-ing deal.

I'm holding out the slightest bit of hope that one of 2 things happens in this game.

1. Bootland answers the bell from Hordichuk (this is a given, Hordy is going to challenge him). Even if he loses i'll be happy if he doesn't shy away from him.

2. Bootland actually wins (not draws) a fight against any other Nashville toughie.

If either of those 2 things happens then I won't call Booter a worthless pile of rhinoceros dung anymore.

I don't expect Booter to go with Hordichuk. Different weight class altogether. Booter and Tootoo is the more likely scrap. Hartnell might go with Booter, but I think he's still out with an injury. Not sure about the other guys. Nashville is hurting on the injury front also.

I would have to agree that Booter far surpasses Langfeld. I wouldn't go so far as to say he's a useless scrub, but about the BEST I can say for Langfeld is that my daughter (she's 17) thinks he's hot.

I go to 6 or 8 Griff's games a year, and I think Darryl's skating has improved a lot. Of all his penalties, the marjority are fighting or roughing and he takes somebody with him 99 times out of a 100. So for those saying he takes "stupid penalties", I would have to disagree. Reading the statistics isn't going to tell you the whole story.

I do believe this is Darryl's last shot at making an impact with the big club. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does't he have to clear waivers before being sent back to GR?

They had at least 1 more ;)

They have faced each other before and Bootland destroyed him. Tootoo didn' even land a punch. It was the lockout year I was at Van Andel and saw it first hand.

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

So is it safe to say this is legitimately Bootland's last real shot to show any type of worth at all?

i think so.

i'm just hoping he can keep out of the sin bin

<- Too bad Fischer isn't here :D

...but about the BEST I can say for Langfeld is that my daughter (she's 17) thinks he's hot.

see he is too pretty to be a hockey player! :lol:

Edited by Elshupacabra

It's knowing what you're going to get out of players, the Ellis - Langfeld - Hussey line brings energy and they have been pretty damn good at cycling the puck and keeping it in the oppositions zone. There are no results because Babcock isn't expecting results. He's just expecting them to go out there and kill some time in the oppositions zone. A guy like Bootland is a wild card, he's not as good of a skater as the other players and while he may fight, Babcock seems to like the other 3 players better and I can't really blame him.

Bootland's 4 minutes isn't going to bring anything more than Langfelds 4 minutes. Bootland will probably fight someone, but so what? Sure it'll be fun to see, but it won't change anything like some fighters can.

Look at it this way. At the very least, if he goes with Tootoo thats 2 less shifts Jordin will have to run everyone over ;)

Im just saying as far as offense goes, replacing Bootland with any of those guys is a wash. None of them will score. So as long as he's not taking costly penalties or committing alot of turnovers theres only upside to having him in there instead. I think hitting and fighting brings more energy to the team than just cycling the puck imo.

Lou, honestly. Langfeld is a lot worse than Hussey. Hussey may not be great, but he doesn't miss clear cut goals like Langfeld does. Langfeld has had so many chances to score, and hasn't. And I have seen Hussey have a few takeaways this year, something I don't think Langfeld has to his credit.

I guess when you look at the situation Bootland is the best the solution. Bran Norton is horrible in all aspects, and he hasn't played much lately either. So really, Bootland is the only option. We'll just wait and see how he does.

Oh, Langfield could definitely be worse...i wont argue that!!

I'm holding out the slightest bit of hope that one of 2 things happens in this game.

1. Bootland answers the bell from Hordichuk (this is a given, Hordy is going to challenge him). Even if he loses i'll be happy if he doesn't shy away from him.

2. Bootland actually wins (not draws) a fight against any other Nashville toughie.

If either of those 2 things happens then I won't call Booter a worthless pile of rhinoceros dung anymore.

I have a bad feeling that Hordichuk goes after Bootland, he'll probably do the turtle thing to try and draw a penalty. I cant see them fighting, nor would i expect Bootland to unless Hordichuk does something that necessitates a response.

Anyone else suprised at how much ice time Bootland got, even in the 3rd? I was glad to see him thrown onto the Draper line. Hussey/Ellis/Langfeld barely played...

No scrap unfortunately though, i seen him take a couple runs at Weber but nothing came of it.

Anyone else suprised at how much ice time Bootland got, even in the 3rd? I was glad to see him thrown onto the Draper line. Hussey/Ellis/Langfeld barely played...

No scrap unfortunately though, i seen him take a couple runs at Weber but nothing came of it.

I know right? He had over 9 minutes for the game. He looked good quite a few times with Draper and Maltby. Keep him up!

No stupid penalties either!

Cheers to Booter!

esteef

Edited by esteef

I know right? He had over 9 minutes for the game. He looked good quite a few times with Draper and Maltby. Keep him up!

No stupid penalties either!

Cheers to Booter!

esteef

Yeah really, every shift i was just watching him intently thinking to myself "dont hook him Darryl, dont hook him"! I knew just 1 penalty on the guy and this thread would explode to 8 or 9 pages overnight with all the haters saying how he takes dumb penalties.

Next chance to scrap it up will be against Kostopolous of LA i guess..

Thought Booter did alright...he looked out of place with Draper and Maltby however. He really didnt make any kind of impact on the forecheck (hence Nick's hits stats) and a lot of it is he just doesnt skate well enough to get in and get on top of people. Having said that, Booter did a decent job tonight.

Darryl Bootland - 0 hits

Jiri Hudler - 3 hits

lol, those hit stats have never meant anything to me though..since they dont distinguish the quality of the hits.

Completly Off-Topic, but my brother and I were trying to figure out if anyone has ever had a Triple Gordie in a game?

Triple Gordie = 3 goals, 3 assists, 3 fights, 1 game

Has it ever happened? Is it even possible?

Well, it's possible to get each of those markers individually, so getting all three should be theoretically possible. As far as has it ever happened? I doubt it, unless 15 of Doug Crossman's 18 PIMS in 1992-93 were from fighting...which is impossible.

Darryl Bootland - 0 hits

Jiri Hudler - 3 hits

Bootland 1 shot in 9.15 of ice time.

Hudler 1 shot in 16.33 of ice time.

1 shot? What happened to "Mr efficient and 40-goalscorer-to-be-if-only-given-some-additional-ice-time"? :D

Darryl Bootland - 0 hits

Jiri Hudler - 3 hits

Bootland 1 shot in 9.15 of ice time.

Hudler 1 shot in 16.33 of ice time.

1 shot? What happened to "Mr efficient and 40-goalscorer-to-be-if-only-given-some-additional-ice-time"? :D

Touche x 2,how can this be?

Haven't watched the game yet, so I can't say about Bootland. Too bad he didn't get into a fight like some said though. :lol:

Anywho, I think he will fight, most likely with Tom K against the Kings. Should be fun.