• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cicada

Next Years Defense...

Rate this topic

just wondering what you think next years D is going to look like..

considering we know we have

Lidstrom

Kronwall

Lebda

Lilja

and then

Quincy

Meech

Ericsson

Kindl

in the system..

any of those guys stand a chance of coming up, or we well resign Chelios, Schneider or Markov

personally i'd like a top 7 to look like

Lidstrom - Kronwall

Chelios - Kindl

Lebda - Qunicy

7th Lija (or Ericsson if we can get rid of Lilja)

that'll free up a lot of space that we can use to resign Datsyuk and Bertuzzi (if wishes were horses). Or should we go after a UFA. I'm not too up on the Wings prospects since i never see any games being over the other side of the pond.

just wondering what you think next years D is going to look like..

considering we know we have

Lidstrom

Kronwall

Lebda

Lilja

and then

Quincy

Meech

Ericsson

Kindl

in the system..

any of those guys stand a chance of coming up, or we well resign Chelios, Schneider or Markov

personally i'd like a top 7 to look like

Lidstrom - Kronwall

Chelios - Kindl

Lebda - Qunicy

7th Lija (or Ericsson if we can get rid of Lilja)

that'll free up a lot of space that we can use to resign Datsyuk and Bertuzzi (if wishes were horses). Or should we go after a UFA. I'm not too up on the Wings prospects since i never see any games being over the other side of the pond.

I would like to see Cheli back again he's a monster and i would like to see markov back next year too

I can't wait to see Kindl in Detroit, he seems like a very promising kid and was already close to making the team this season out of training camp. I'd like Kenny to re-sign Markov and knowing Cheli, he will probably be back as well. Schneider I'm not so sure about.

Too bad we have Lilja signed for another season, there's really no use for him with Quincey and Ericsson also knocking on the door.

I can't wait to see Kindl in Detroit, he seems like a very promising kid and was already close to making the team this season out of training camp. I'd like Kenny to re-sign Markov and knowing Cheli, he will probably be back as well. Schneider I'm not so sure about.

Too bad we have Lilja signed for another season, there's really no use for him with Quincey and Ericsson also knocking on the door.

We should just put Lilja on waivers :P but wait who'd take him :unsure:

this team is built on defense so we will sure like hell work to cover any possible holes in offseason - even at the cost of forwards.

my guess would be Lebda keeps regular spot and Kindl is finally in. if Markov stays and Schneider goes (which is likely to me) this leaves 2-3 spots to fill, depending on granpa Chris status :) I guess Holland would dig deep into his pockets to find something good here. no picks now. let's wait till June

Yeah, I dont think we should resign Markov/Schneider unless they take a major paycut. Start giving Kronwall big minutes to justify his contract.

it takes time to fully develop D-man. not that Kronner missed a lot, but there's no reason to push him more than necessary. he could use more minutes but no major changes are necessary here

Not really looking forward to seeing Schneider go, hoping they resign him. If Kronwall keeps playing as badly as he has been lately, I don't know what his future will be...

Also, I thought word from Holland awhile ago was that Chelios would continue to be resigned as long as he wants to play...

I say put Lilja on waivers, resign Schneider if he will take less, Chelios for cheap yet again as he is a good 6th (7th maybe) defenseman, and then bring up Quincy and Kindl. That would look really nice!

Also, I thought word from Holland awhile ago was that Chelios would continue to be resigned as long as he wants to play...

Chelli is making 850k now and is not gonna make more following seasons. if he plays at this level I can't see real reason to not want him on a team

Are you suggesting Quincey or Ericsson would be better a better suited 7th than LIlja? Personally I think they'd benefit more from solid ice-time in GR, especially Ericsson. I am fine with Lilja as our 7th, when he plays he plays as an average 6th, and its not like sitting him is harming his development, as would be the case with Ericsson or Quincey.

Possibly you mean you hope Ericsson and Quincey both make the top 6, and Lilja will be totally pushed out of the system? This is unlikely, at least for next year.

Personally I worry about the Chelios situation. He'd make sense if we didn't have a whole class of defenseman coming through, but at some point he's going to be doing more harm than good to the red wings in general, even if he does maintain his same level of play. IE if he plays till he's 50, Quincey or somebody will be rotting in the AHL until they're 27 or something. He'd make an interesting 7th, though. Actually, in a dream-world, It'd be sweet to line him up as a bench coach for some games, and dress him for others. This has to be illegal, but I think it would be useful

I'd love to have Markov back.

In the spirt of the wings' defensive priority, I think it might be time to low ball Schneider.

Kronwall is more of a question-mark than I'd ever hoped.

Kindl needs at least one year of AHL seasoning, a la Filppula 2k5-2k6.

Edited by sean

Are you suggesting Quincey or Ericsson would be better a better suited 7th than LIlja? Personally I think they'd benefit more from solid ice-time in GR, especially Ericsson. I am fine with Lilja as our 7th, when he plays he plays as an average 6th, and its not like sitting him is harming his development, as would be the case with Ericsson or Quincey.

Possibly you mean you hope Ericsson and Quincey both make the top 6, and Lilja will be totally pushed out of the system? This is unlikely, at least for next year.

Personally I worry about the Chelios situation. He'd make sense if we didn't have a whole class of defenseman coming through, but at some point he's going to be doing more harm than good to the red wings in general, even if he does maintain his same level of play. IE if he plays till he's 50, Quincey or somebody will be rotting in the AHL until they're 27 or something. He'd make an interesting 7th, though. Actually, in a dream-world, It'd be sweet to line him up as a bench coach for some games, and dress him for others. This has to be illegal, but I think it would be useful

I'd love to have Markov back.

In the spirt of the wings' defensive priority, I think it might be time to low ball Schneider.

Kronwall is more of a question-mark than I'd ever hoped.

Kindl needs at least one year of AHL seasoning, a la Filppula 2k5-2k6.

No no no, of course I don't think either of those guys should be the 7th d-man and sit. I just think that when a top-six d-man is out, why not bring up one of the younger guys to back up? Lilja is just terrible and a few games with the big boys every now and then couldn't hurt Quincey or Ericsson. They will get enough solid minutes in GR in the meantime.

But yes, I hope Lilja would be pushed out of the system somehow. :P

And Kindl won't need AHL seasoning, he's a top-end prospect. As I said before, he almost made the Wings out of training camp. For example, Zetterberg and Datsyuk never played one minute in GR.

No no no, of course I don't think either of those guys should be the 7th d-man and sit. I just think that when a top-six d-man is out, why not bring up one of the younger guys to back up? Lilja is just terrible and a few games with the big boys every now and then couldn't hurt Quincey or Ericsson. They will get enough solid minutes in GR in the meantime.

But yes, I hope Lilja would be pushed out of the system somehow. :P

And Kindl won't need AHL seasoning, he's a top-end prospect. As I said before, he almost made the Wings out of training camp. For example, Zetterberg and Datsyuk never played one minute in GR.

I agree on most points.

I still believe Kindl needs a year in GR. This doesn't mean I don't think he's a top end prospect; I do. The OHL is a tier below the SEL and RSL, in my opinion. I think Kindl going from the OHL to the NHL would be more like pulling a second tier Swede.

I agree on most points.

I still believe Kindl needs a year in GR. This doesn't mean I don't think he's a top end prospect; I do. The OHL is a tier below the SEL and RSL, in my opinion. I think Kindl going from the OHL to the NHL would be more like pulling a second tier Swede.

Fair enough, I read you. :)

A year in GR wouldn't hurt but if he seems NHL-ready by next training camp, why not give him a shot? He's not our typical 20-year-old who would normally be 2-3 years away from making the Wings. From what I've read here, he seems to be head and shoulders above most of his OHL peers.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Hey everyone.

I agree that Kindl will need a year at least in the AHL. I've seen him play in the OHL for the Rangers a few times, and while he does log lots of minutes in all sorts of situation, he sort of reminded me of Fischer for his tendency to turn over pucks. I'm not suggesting the guy is a dud by any means; after all, the Rangers are doing great right now, and I would guess he's playing a large role.

Can't speak for the other prospects, but would like to see Markov stay, and I agree about the idea of lowballing Schneider. With Chelios, who knows what could happen.

I think re-signing Schneider should be priority. I watch Schneider night and night out and I feel he significantly stands out as an important asset to this team. Why is everyone's line-up not including Schneids? I just feel he should be re-signed.

Because they also notice the mistakes. No one is denying that he puts up numbers, but he's old, somewhat expensive, and we've got younger cheaper guys that could be inserted into the lineup. At least they would learn from mistakes rather than having them be the byproduct of decades of not knowing any better.

I look at the Kindl situation differently. I think he would grow a lot more as a player by playing ona line with Chelios, than he would playing a year in the AHL.

Chelios may only have 1 year left. I say let him groom Kindl just as he did with Fisch, and Lebda

Quincey should win a spot in training camp. I'm hoping Lilja will be moved. Cheli will be back if he wants to. I'm not sure Schneider is going to fit into the budget but I hope we try to keep him.

Well my high hopes and dreams would be...

Lidstrom - Souray/Timmonen

FISCHER - Kronwall

Lebda - Kindl

Chelios

I also wouldn't mind resigning Markov or Schneider.....But I definitly would sacrifice Scheider to sign either of those 2, who happen to be free agents.....But wouldn't it just being great to see Fish back out there?

Kindl is such an offensive D-man that i don't see him on the Wings next year if Schneider is still here.

With Lidstrom, Kronwall, Kindl, Lebda and Schneider in the line up i would SERIOUSLY worry about our defenses ability to actually defend

btw Kindl has 1 goal and 2 asssits last night for Kitchener - 53 points in 52 games and +22

Edited by Cicada

You guys do know that every prospect doesnt have to go in the AHL till they're 25, right? Detroit said he was NHL-ready at the LAST camp - he'll probably be fine this year.