• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

3/11 GDT: Bruins @ Red Wings

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

the less pressure, the less o2 is consumed by the body.

Not quite; as I've said, the body adapts. Increased hemoglobin translates to increased efficiency in oxygen ingestion. Peoples whose ancestors have lived at high altitudes for centuries are frequently barrel-chested, because their lungs have grown as an adaptive mechanism and thus have increased the size of the rib cage as well.

Haha, me too. And I have finals Tuesday and Wednesday.

Do you want a cheer to motivate you too? I just sent one to Wings_Rule. :P

lol... i am all of a sudden motivated to study. Thanks! :P

Your Welcome. :)

Edited by terri27

Wow that cheer was soo enthusiastic than now I am motivated to do some studying. Thanks Terri!!

Wow! Didn't know I was that good at motivating. :P

Not quite; as I've said, the body adapts. Increased hemoglobin translates to increased efficiency in oxygen ingestion. Peoples whose ancestors have lived at high altitudes for centuries are frequently barrel-chested, because their lungs have grown as an adaptive mechanism and thus have increased the size of the rib cage as well.

yes, quite. increase hemoglobin has nothing to do with consumption. the higher the altitude, the less o2 the body comsumes. period.

Have you ever thought about getting a job as a motivational speaker? Like maybe motivate the Wings or something.

I'm brutal and honest so maybe it would help. Plus I could wear a cute little cheerleader outfir-it would either help or disgust, depends on personal opinion. :lol:

Mmm some sweets and a big dip'o'skoal made me forget this debacle.

Babs needs some bodies back, can't really punish or threaten the squad in its current state. Pointless. Our forwards carry a heavy defensive load, it shows that many are missing. PK units decimated. PP units decimated. Our #1 scorer and the #1 deadline boost still sitting out games. for a few weeks, I expect our boys to lose a fair dose of games, hopefully not with big numbers like these, but it's going to inevitable.

Hopefully the injured guys haven't lost their mojo entirely.

I'm brutal and honest so maybe it would help. Plus I could wear a cute little cheerleader outfir-it would either help or disgust, depends on personal opinion. :lol:

Haha, whatever it takes. Get those boys ready to play Tuesday. Maybe a little cheer like your did for Wings_rule would help. Start working on some lyrics or something.

Haha, whatever it takes. Get those boys ready to play Tuesday. Maybe a little cheer like your did for Wings_rule would help. Start working on some lyrics or something.

I'll have some ready for Tuesday-however, schools starts next week so Wed and Th you'reon your own. I have late classes.

Hate to take my happy cheers away but I need to vacuum and I learned the hard way that my computer can't be on when I do it. See everybody Tuesday.

Goooooooooo Wings !(Jumps in the air like a cheerleader.) :P

Guest Crymson

yes, quite. increase hemoglobin has nothing to do with consumption. the higher the altitude, the less o2 the body comsumes. period.

Less oxygen consumption would equate to less ability to carry out oxidative metabolism, and thus less ability to do work. Were your rationale indeed true, people up on the mountains to ski would simply suffocate over time. Fortunately, this is not the case.

EDIT: My previous statement about oxygen vs pressure was badly worded. I should have said that the composition of air remains the same at higher altitude, but that lesser pressure there equates to lower quantities of all particles, including oxygen.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Crymson

I'm out too...gotta study for a psych exam tomorrow night. Let's all hope, err pray, for a better outcome Tuesday.

Good luck.

Less oxygen consumption would equate to less ability to carry out oxidative metabolism, and thus less ability to do work. Were your rationale indeed true, people up on the mountains to ski would simply suffocate over time. Fortunately, this is not the case.

well, if fact, were you to ski above 25,000 feet for an extended period, this would be the case. as it is, no ski resorts are up that high. the body is able to acclimate lower than that. for those who have lived in high altitudes the body has adapted and more efficiently carrys o2 throughout the body. but they are still comsuming less oxygen than they would at sea-level. i'm afraid that's it, you can spin your argument any way you want. the bottom line is that you consume less o2 at higher altitudes.

Your best players need to be your best players....unfortunately the Wings three best players (Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Hasek) were awful. One other thing...

1. Get Samuelsson off Datsyuk's line. I like Sammy, but he holds on to the puck way too much to be effective with Pav.

Your best players need to be your best players....unfortunately the Wings three best players (Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Hasek) were awful. One other thing...

1. Get Samuelsson off Datsyuk's line. I like Sammy, but he holds on to the puck way too much to be effective with Pav.

yeah, i've never been a sammy fan anyway. i thought pav with homer and flip was good.

First NBC did a horrible job at showing the game.

* Being late on having the game on the HD channel when it started.

* Being late on having the game in HD on the HD channel.

* They failed to mention why Detroit went to the penalty box on some calls and don't show a replay of it.

* They needed to turn the mic's up on the announcers so you can hear them over the strides of the skates on the ice.

Second Detroit seemed they did't want to play today. The second period showed it.

Edited by Jwo

Guest Crymson

I live in Rochester NY so I got the Rangers :crazy:

Rough game for Hasek, did he have any defence? and why did Babs leave him in through all that? Hope he can rebound next game.

I'll summarize it for you:

First goal: Long side off a face-off, screened.

Second goal: Power play, shot deflected in by a Bruin left wide open long-side in front of the net.

Third goal: Perfect wrist shot on a two-on-one via turnover from Pavel.

Fourth goal: Hasek goes out to play the puck, only to have it hideously bounce off the boards toward the front of the goal; Bruin picks it up and scores.

Fifth goal: Pavel, attempting to stop a Bruin on an outside break, mistakenly taps the puck past Hasek.

Sixth goal: Power play, Hasek is heavily screened and a succession of passes in front of the goal leads the puck to the stick of a wide-open Bruin on the long side.

So, Hasek didn't play a bad game; nay, he played a decent game, but the bounces were not in his favor and the defense was so-so.

well, if fact, were you to ski above 25,000 feet for an extended period, this would be the case. as it is, no ski resorts are up that high. the body is able to acclimate lower than that. for those who have lived in high altitudes the body has adapted and more efficiently carrys o2 throughout the body. but they are still comsuming less oxygen than they would at sea-level. i'm afraid that's it, you can spin your argument any way you want. the bottom line is that you consume less o2 at higher altitudes.

You consume less O2 per breath, but the body's compensatory mechanisms allow more efficient utilization.

The bottom line is that, despite the altitude, my brain tissue is receiving the oxygen it needs in order to function optimally and avoid necrosis. Thank you for asking.

Edited by Crymson