• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

3/22 GDT: Blue Jackets @ Red Wings

Rate this topic

no, not the wings offense, datsyuk. well, i guess they're one and the same.

At least they are until the following happens:

Bert warms up (what'd you expect after 60 games?!?)

Cleary warms up (he's working on it, baby!)

Calder keeps crashing the net but with a line that doesn't blow hard

Zatta is back putting pucks in the net like nobody's business!!!

well, maybe not getting away with playing 20 or less minutes a game the last few games will wake them up. problem is they've done this so many times this year and won.

At least they are until the following happens:

Bert warms up (what'd you expect after 60 games?!?)

Cleary warms up (he's working on it, baby!)

Calder keeps crashing the net but with a line that doesn't blow hard

Zatta is back putting pucks in the net like nobody's business!!!

i'm looking forward to all of that.

The only hope I see in this is that Detroit flopped into the playoffs in 2002 (...and 1998 I think) and had some success in the playoffs then (just a little) while theyve been rolling into the playoffs the past few years and, well...we all know what happened there.

Or when he actually HAS a great chance to shoot...and does nothing. I can't remember if that was in the 2nd or 3rd period, but I was livid when I saw that. He had a great angle, Norrena was screened...and he just...flutters the puck off toward the blue line. Doesn't even qualify as a pass.

yeah I know what youre talking about. Mickey was pretty pissed too. I dont think Mick likes Sammy either. Hes made some comments about him lately that arent too appreciative.

The only hope I see in this is that Detroit flopped into the playoffs in 2002 (...and 1998 I think) and had some success in the playoffs then (just a little) while theyve been rolling into the playoffs the past few years and, well...we all know what happened there.

yeah, as long as they can turn it on when it counts it doesn't matter. the problem is that they seem to get into the habbit of coasting and it's hard for them to break out of it once playoffs come around.

Bottom line: Wings phoned it in and got what they deserved. Except for Oz, who we all owe a hug and an ice cream cone.

Bottom line #2: DICK MOVE, MIKE. DICK MOVE.

Perhaps he will call himself out on this to the media. :ph34r: sorry, couldn't resist.

I don't know what it is with the team lately. I mean, the last 3 games now, they're just playing like they don't care. I don't know if it's because they know they're going to be in the playoffs, or they just don't care to gear it up for these games. Something Redmond mentioned, they always seem to play down to teams that are under .500. If they can't get the effort and energy for teams like this, then I really don't want to see what it's gonna look like come playoff time. I'm far from panic right now, guess it's just frustration on my part. We all know the guys are more than capable of playing way better than they have been, and yet they just don't.

Ozzie played IMO his best game this season, and yet the rest of the team(aside from Dats and a couple others) doesnt' show up to play.They're lucky to even have gotten a point out of that one, thanks to Oz. And Lang...he should just stay as far away from his own net as possible. That is way too many times now that he's been a direct result of a goal being scored on his own team. I can't wait til he is gone this offseason, should be seeing less IT too.

Ozzie should start against the Blues, but seeing how he played so well, Babcock will probably go right back to Dom again. It definitely wouldn't hurt to let Oz start again, and then play Dom the next game.

Guest Agalloch

Would any team take Samuelsson? Trade him for a fifth or something in the offseason. It's not like he has any place on the team anyway, he'll most likely be a healthy scratch when everyone is back.

Wait. This is Mr. Mike A. Babock we're talking about here. Hudler will definitely be the scratch. *sigh*

Well.. bright side... bright side... the Wings have 100 points in a season again!

Ozzie should start against the Blues, but seeing how he played so well, Babcock will probably go right back to Dom again. It definitely wouldn't hurt to let Oz start again, and then play Dom the next game.

Last I read, Ozzie IS supposed to get the start against St. Louis, but that could change at the drop of a hat. Doesn't really matter to me who's in goal either way (both Dom and Ozzie are playing great), I'd like to see some scoring from someone other than players with the intials P. D....

With the Wings on the PP, why does Lidstrom pass the puck to Lang? Whenever that happens I groan, knowing that at least 20 seconds has just been wasted.

And why is it that we can never score a shoot-out goal with just a simple wrist shot, yet our goalies are regularly beaten cleanly by those - two tonight?

As others have mentioned, this looks just like Wings playoff hockey the past few years. :angry:

Guest Agalloch

With the Wings on the PP, why does Lidstrom pass the puck to Lang? Whenever that happens I groan, knowing that at least 20 seconds has just been wasted.

And why is it that we can never score a shoot-out goal with just a simple wrist shot, yet our goalies are regularly beaten cleanly by those - two tonight?

As others have mentioned, this looks just like Wings playoff hockey the past few years. :angry:

Did you not see Cleary's shot? He did the same thing in Edmonton too. Nice wrister through the five hole.

You know what...at least Samuelsson busts his ass and is reliable in his own end. He's got awful hockey sense on the offensive end, but I can live with that as long as he's out there getting on people and hustling. What the hell does Lang do out there?

Guest Agalloch

You know what...at least Samuelsson busts his ass and is reliable in his own end. He's got awful hockey sense on the offensive end, but I can live with that as long as he's out there getting on people and hustling. What the hell does Lang do out there?

... Records points. He's been over a point per game pace the past ten games.

Not too sure if that was a rhetorical question or not :rolleyes: ... but- all lang basically does is give the puck to the other team, take lots of hooking penalties, deflect shots into his own net and pass up one timers on the power play, choosing for the pass to the other team... I will say though, he does have "flashes" of brilliance.

Pretty terrible showing by the Red Wings.

I can't believe how poorly they play when Osgood is in net. Maybe there are some lockerroom issues there. The difference is consistently striking. I wonder if they just don't like him for some reason.

I can't believe how bad Lang and Samuelsson are playing. If the Wings are counting on those two to produce scoring in the playoffs, they're dead.

Why do you think Lang's number is 20? Coinsidence? Just think would happen if his number was...say...120? He would never see a power play that's what!

I can't believe how poorly they play when Osgood is in net. Maybe there are some lockerroom issues there. The difference is consistently striking. I wonder if they just don't like him for some reason.

I don't even know how you can dislike the guy, unless you're some knob from the Internet.

At first I thought it was horses***, but there's a definite difference of Dom vs. Other in the Wings net. Someone needs to figure it out!

Pretty terrible showing by the Red Wings.

I can't believe how bad Lang and Samuelsson are playing. If the Wings are counting on those two to produce scoring in the playoffs, they're dead.

Have you seen how they play in front of hasek (for the last couple games)?