• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

3/22 GDT: Blue Jackets @ Red Wings

Rate this topic

Lang is pathetic...I dont give damn how many points he's leeched off Calder the last few games.

"leeched off Calder" good one. Figures that the lone goal the blow jobs scores deflects off of Lang's stick, and I knew he'd take the brunt of the angst tonight, but get real people... you're using an all too convenient scapegoat for an altogether mediocre performance by the entire team.

I'm sorry hockeycrazy, the Wings don't play any worse in front of Ozzie than Hasek.. of course, just my opinion. They're just playing like s*** in front of both goalies the past week or so.

Honestly I don't see it thwat way at all. It's not even about the past week..it's about the entire season.

When Ozzie is in net he faces about 30 shots on average per game due to giveaways, turnovers, and the Wings just playing very sloppy hockey. It's always "What a save by Ozzie!" "Breakaway on Chris Osgood" "HUGE save by Oz!" because he's getting so many quality scoring chances against him. Or the constant 5 on 3's he faces in nearly every games he's played.

When Dom is in net the Wings shut the opposition down, where on average he'll see at the most 20 shots a game. They rarely make mistakes when he's between the pipes. They play so tight defensively, and do everything they can to take shots away from the team they are facing that night.

That's the way I see it and have seen it for awhile now. It's funny though that recently Mickey Redmond said the very same thing. If he and others are saying it..you gotta believe something ain't right!

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

The reason the Wings play differently in front of Ozzie than they do in front of Hasek is because Hasek is a bit fanatical. Remember what Derian Hatcher had to say about him earlier this season?

I remember a game at the Pond in early April, 2002. Ended in a 1-1 tie. DEADLY boring damned game......but, anyway.....

I took my best friend to his first ever hockey game that night. He brought his girlfriend along.

During warm-ups, there was a young Detroit player who scored on Dom. Big "no-no", apparently, especially for a late season call up.

His name was Jason Williams.

After the puck found the back of the net, Dom turned and broke his goalie stick over the crossbar, then flung the shaft of the stick directly at Williams' head. Luckily, Feds was standing next to JW in the half circle of players taking shots on Dom, and kind of "pushed" him out of harms way. The kid looked shocked and rather scared, especially when Hasek came out of his net and took a skate toward the kid, gesticulating like he was truly angry. Feds shoved him toward the bench with a few words of what appeared to be encouragement or "no worries" type of stuff, while Drapes cut Dom off. The kid spent the remainder of warm-ups there. He didn't BUDGE from in front of the bench again.

My friends girlfriend turned to me, surprised, and asked.....

"Did that guy just throw a stick at his own teammate?"

When I replied with a bland "Ayup.", she got a disgusted look on her face and made a "snort".....

"What an a$$hole."

Now....

I know that there will be those, (I won't mention any names), who come out to say that I must be mistaken in what I saw, or who will defend Hasek, saying that it was just his "competitive nature" which caused him to chuck a splintered stick at a rookies head for having the temerity to score on him in warm-ups.

Whatever. I know what I saw. And it wasn't right. No matter HOW competitive your nature.

Players DO play with "fear" in front of Hasek......

Edited by Outsider

The reason the Wings play differently in front of Ozzie than they do in front of Hasek is because Hasek is a bit fanatical. Remember what Derian Hatcher had to say about him earlier this season?

I remember a game at the Pond in early April, 2002. Ended in a 1-1 tie. DEADLY boring damned game......but, anyway.....

I took my best friend to his first ever hockey game that night. He brought his girlfriend along.

During warm-ups, there was a young Detroit player who scored on Dom. Big "no-no", apparently, especially for a late season call up.

After the puck found the back of the net, Dom turned and broke his goalie stick over the crossbar, then flung the shaft of the stick directly at Williams' head. Luckily, Feds was standing next to JW in the half circle of players taking shots on Dom, and kind of "pushed" him out of harms way. The kid looked shocked and rather scared, especially when Hasek came out of his net and took a skate toward the kid, gesticulating like he was truly angry. Feds shoved him toward the bench with a few words of what appeared to be encouragement or "no worries" type of stuff, while Drapes cut Dom off. The kid spent the remainder of warm-ups there. He didn't BUDGE from in front of the bench again.

When I replied with a bland "Ayup.", she got a disgusted look on her face and made a "snort".....

"What an a$$hole."

Now....

I know that there will be those, (I won't mention any names), who come out to say that I must be mistaken in what I saw, or who will defend Hasek, saying that it was just his "competitive nature" which caused him to chuck a splintered stick at a rookies head for having the temerity to score on him in warm-ups.

Whatever. I know what I saw. And it wasn't right. No matter HOW competitive your nature.

Wow. That actually makes all the sense in the world.

Guest Crymson

Can someone please explain to me WHY it is that when Ozzie is in net they play like s***? Even Redmond said a couple weeks ago that it seems that way. This is pissing me the hell off. Osgood played one of his best, if not best game of the season. He saved their asses and literally stole the Wings a point. 2 Minutes from a shutout and of course it goes off one of our guys. That's just Ozzie's luck. I am so f-ing pissed.

At least everyone knows he played great tonight. 96% and 2nd star of the game.

Okay, you're getting a big high on the Osgood-persecution-complex-meter. Your claim is almost insultingly inaccurate and devoid of any substance.

Let's look at Ozzie's recent games:

1) Nashville. Win 4-2.

2) Nashville. Slightly questionable performance by Ozzie, though mostly solid. Shootout win.

3) Colorado. Osgood lets in two very soft goals. OT loss.

4) Chicago. Win 6-2.

5) Nashville. Osgood lets in soft goals. OT loss.

6) Dallas. 3-1. We all remember this one.

7) St. Louis. OT loss 1-2; I didn't watch this game.

8) Chicago. Wings win 6-3.

I agree that Osgood played a good game tonight behind a team that wasn't doing well at all, but seriously, give me a freaking break, man. I'm not gonna lie--comments like this, from you and the rest of the Ozzie clique, are what make me hate on him sometimes.

Honestly I don't see it thwat way at all. It's not even about the past week..it's about the entire season.

When Ozzie is in net he faces about 30 shots on average per game due to giveaways, turnovers, and the Wings just playing very sloppy hockey. It's always "What a save by Ozzie!" "Breakaway on Chris Osgood" "HUGE save by Oz!" because he's getting so many quality scoring chances against him. Or the constant 5 on 3's he faces in nearly every games he's played.

When Dom is in net the Wings shut the opposition down, where on average he'll see at the most 20 shots a game. They rarely make mistakes when he's between the pipes. They play so tight defensively, and do everything they can to take shots away from the team they are facing that night.

That's the way I see it and have seen it for awhile now. It's funny though that recently Mickey Redmond said the very same thing. If he and others are saying it..you gotta believe something ain't right!

Oh, my goodness.. more of this. WOW. WOW!!! Are you watching the same games we are?

Good grief.. wow. Wow. That's all I can say. WOW.

Edited by Crymson

Okay, you're getting a big high on the Osgood-persecution-complex-meter. Your claim is almost insultingly inaccurate and devoid of any substance.

1) Nashville. Win 4-2.

2) Nashville. Osgood lets in softies. Shootout win.

4) Chicago. Win 6-2.

I agree that Osgood played a good game tonight behind a team that wasn't doing well at all, but seriously, give me a freaking break, man. I'm not gonna lie--comments like this, from you and the rest of the Ozzie clique, are what make me hate on him sometimes.

Oh, my goodness.. more of this. WOW. WOW!!! Are you watching the same games we are?

Wow, you REALLY hate his guts, don't you ?

Edited by interminded

Guest Crymson

Wow, you REALLY hate his guts, don't you ?

Not at all, but thank you for unwittingly proving my point.

Not at all, but thank you for unwittingly proving my point.

Hey, it's fine by me.

You don't have to like Chris Osgood.

But IMO, if you are starting to really dislike Chris Osgood because other people DO like him, even when in your eyes it's excessive and unrealisticly and whatnot, that's quite twisted.

Average shots against is 23 for Hasek and 23.8 for Osgood. Very negligible difference.

How in the world did the discussion about Ozzie having a good game, but being disappointed by no scoring, turn into a hate fest against Hasek? This is just amazing, truly. Wow. I underestimated the hatred some fans have for a player the team actually seems to admire and appreciate, including Osgood himself.

The Wings don't play differently in front of Dom. He plays differently behind them. Maybe that's the difference?

:rolleyes: Unreal.

The goaltending has been very good (save for Dom's dive) the past few games.

Time to start scoring, or else...

right. And let's forget the 100's of saves Dom make to cover for everyone else's errors. His one mistake this season will be the one "we" all remember. No offense. They all make mistakes, and some of them cost games. The mistakes are usually not Hasek's or Ozzie's, however.

How in the world did the discussion about Ozzie having a good game, but being disappointed by no scoring, turn into a hate fest against Hasek? This is just amazing, truly. Wow. I underestimated the hatred some fans have for a player the team actually seems to admire and appreciate, including Osgood himself.

The Wings don't play differently in front of Dom. He plays differently behind them. Maybe that's the difference?

:rolleyes: Unreal.

right. And let's forget the 100's of saves Dom make to cover for everyone else's errors. His one mistake this season will be the one "we" all remember. No offense. They all make mistakes, and some of them cost games. The mistakes are usually not Hasek's or Ozzie's, however.

Loo, don't forget: for some of us it's never good enough....

"What an a$$hole."

Now....

I am a goalie coach, and I completely understand Hasek's reaction. The last thing I want my goalie visualizing before the game is pucks in the net. I'd think the rookie should have known better because when they want to practice scoring, I pull my goalie out of the net. Williams made a stupid move.

Average shots against is 23 for Hasek and 23.8 for Osgood. Very negligible difference.

I have to admit, I'm shocked by this. Earlier in the season, it seemed pretty lopsided. That's interesting.

Guest Crymson

Hey, it's fine by me.

You don't have to like Chris Osgood.

But IMO, if you are starting to really dislike Chris Osgood because other people DO like him, even when in your eyes it's excessive and unrealisticly and whatnot, that's quite twisted.

I DO like Chris Osgood. I always have. I think he's a great guy, and he usually pulls out a very good game.

To "hate on" someone is to criticize them.

Thanks for this. We also shouldn't forget that Hasek faced 38 shots against Vancouver last Saturday, through only three periods; meanwhile, Osgood faced 30 in 3 periods plus overtime.

Honestly, the Wings played horrible games in Vancouver and Calgary; HC, I don't know if you were even watching those games if you think that the Wings somehow pulled it down a notch last night with Osgood in net.

Edited by Crymson

1) Nashville. Win 4-2.

2) Nashville. Osgood lets in softies. Shootout win.

4) Chicago. Win 6-2.

The way you call out some of us on here is rude. Can't you just post without being a complete ass?

Excuse me for thinking Ozzie deserved to freaking win last night for his brilliant play. Me stating that the Wings play like crap compared to the way they play in front of Dom isn't dissing him, btw. It's the way I see it and if someone has a problem with that then oh well! Am I not suppose to get pissed when I see the Wings half assing it out there and Osgood playing stellar? I don't care what anyone tells me I'm not gonna change my mind. I don't even care that they SUPPOSEDLY face the around the same shots on average. They play different in front of different goalies and thats something that absolutely boggles my mind. When you have freaking Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond AND a few Wings awhile back saying the same thing what does that tell you? I guess the 'Ozzie clique', commentators and a few Wings are all delusional and morons then.

What is that suppose to mean?

I wasn't even bashing Dom when I said that the Wings play different between their two goalies. It doesn't at ALL take away from Dom being a great goalie. It's just what I think and I've always thought. I even thought that way when Manny was here last season.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

The way you call out some of us on here is rude. Can't you just post without being a complete ass?

Excuse me for thinking Ozzie deserved to freaking win last night for his brilliant play. Me stating that the Wings play like crap compared to the way they play in front of Dom isn't dissing him, btw. It's the way I see it and if someone has a problem with that then oh well! Am I not suppose to get pissed when I see the Wings half assing it out there and Osgood playing stellar? I don't care what anyone tells me I'm not gonna change my mind. I don't even care that they SUPPOSEDLY face the around the same shots on average. They play different in front of different goalies and thats something that absolutely boggles my mind. When you have freaking Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond AND a few Wings awhile back saying the same thing what does that tell you? I guess the 'Ozzie clique', commentators and a few Wings are all delusional and morons then.

Chris did "deserve" a win last night, HC... the guys even said they wished they could have pulled it off for him (Bertuzzi said it, at least).

I honestly don't think the Wings play differently in front of Dom because of anything Dom says or does, and the same for Ozzie. They seem to like both guys equally. It's possible that they looked a bit worse because several of the few games Ozzie has gotten this season due to scheduling and injury were back to backs. Not an excuse, but I suppose the Wings could have been tired or distracted on the second game night. I don't know...

I have seen them play like crap in front of Dom, too... the turnovers are about the same, the deflection goals have happened to both goalies, they've kicked or redirected (Cheli, Lang) goals in on Dom often enough that I've actually noticed it as a mini-trend this season -- and I am sure it's all just coincidence. Dom's had to play his *** off in more than one game, where the Wings let him down, too (most recently, Vancouver game - 1 goal? 18 SOG in the first period alone?). It's just expected of him.

The Wings don't "protect" Hasek because he wants them to -- he says he hates the low shot games, and they're actually harder to win than the rare games where he's gotten more than 30 shots. Hasek loves that kind of work, crazy nut that he is. Ozzie would probably say the same about sub-20 SOG games. Big numbers are just numbers, especially when it's the Red Wings and their billions of squishy perimeter shots on the other team. I know there are nights when Dom and Ozzie wish they could get a game like that, where the other team throws marshmallows at them to jack their sv%s up! :D

As for the commentators, they are likely to say just about anything. The sad part is, right or wrong, people latch onto stuff they say, and quote it for truth. It's just their opinion, they happen to get paid for saying it, that's the only difference.

EDIT: PS - I read today that Babs has scheduled out the last 8 games and decided who gets which one. They didn't say who gets which one, but I sense the schedule is split between Dom and Oz. If so, we have a very small representative sample within which to judge if the Wings are biased against Ozzie or not.

Edited by puckloo39

Some perceptions:

Thumbs down :thumbdown:

1. I can't believe I actually stayed up until 4 a.m. for this game. I never thought I'd see such boring first two periods, virtually no chances, no hits, no emotion, NOTHING. The third (I mean 4rd :P) and OT were alright.

2. Where's the scoring aside from Datsyuk? And even Dats' goal was a fluke that Norrena should have had.

3. We still suck at shootouts. No surprise though when Sammy, the king of lousy wristers makes the lineup ahead of Rex. Wtf, aren't shootouts exactly something that Rex is supposed to be good at? I don't get it. And of course it was just icing on the cake that Feds scored the winner.

Thumbs up :thumbup:

1. Obviously it was good to see Bert out there and him being fairly physical right off the bat. I have a good feeling about him.

2. Ozzie was solid, we would have gotten our asses handed to us in regulation without his good play. One point is probably more than we deserved.

It's frustrating that we couldn't take advantage of this game, while Nashville took a point out of Calgary.

And my premonition came true, with the exception that it was Flip who delivered the hit (wtf) and not Bert. :P

Well, on to the Blues game.

I wasn't even bashing Dom when I said that the Wings play different between their two goalies. It doesn't at ALL take away from Dom being a great goalie. It's just what I think and I've always thought. I even thought that way when Manny was here last season.

That's not what I meant at all, and that isn't what I would assume -- I am sick of people who bash Dom to make Chris look "better" and the other way around. There's a difference in style, neither good or bad, just the way it is. Ozzie is more conservative. Dom is a nutcase. Both are effective, in their own way. I really don't see that much difference, anyway, in how they look on a given night in front of either goalie.