• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

3/30 GDT: Stars @ Red Wings

Rate this topic

Hopefully Kronner's injury isn't too serious and he doesn't have to sit out a lot of games to get healthy. I guess we'll just have to wait on a report about him.

Get well, Kronner!

In the meantime, I'm out. Sleep well all (or enjoy the day, depending on your location). And stay safe.

That was a GREAT game!!! 3 goals in the last 9 minutes--- Franzen Lilja Holmstrom, the last with less than a minute left.

Sounds like the team is really into it!!! The crowd, too. The corporates give their seats away near the end of the season, it seems. THAT is when you see the REAL Joe.

NHL Radio is kind of cool.. a nice change of pace. Very exciting, I must say; at the end of close games, the tension becomes unbearable.

Actually, I was referring to the game last season, IIRC, that was an exact repeat of tonight's game... The Wings had a three goal lead against the Stars and decided to "play not to lose" in the 3rd and ended up losing in OT. Tonight was deja vu all over again!

Correction: It was Columbus... This game: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20052006/GS021052.HTM

Edited by Gizmo

way to blow a point you stupid motherf***ers

god, if we play like this in the playoffs, we don't deserve s***

Actually, if we play like this in the playoffs, where there's no back to back games, we'd be just fine. In the 3rd period it was a tired team vs a fresh one. It happens.

Usually I'd be pissed after a loss like this..but I don't really care. At least the Stars didn't score to win it in regulation. I know..I know..shouldn't have let the 3-0 lead slip, but I just think the Wings don't care right now and just want to head into the playoffs. It's really pointless playing these last four games but you have to so there. I'm just hoping Kronner is okay.

I can't believe some on here are acting like the world has just ended after tonight's loss. No, the Wings won't play like this in the playoffs. They actually played really well tonight..except for the last 5 minutes which came back to bite em, but be assured that come post season you won't see that out there.

this game is a good example of why shootouts are totally stupid!!!

Dallas never attacked 1 time in the 5 min OT--even their own announcers said they look like they were playing for the shootout!!

Not 1 shot on goal in OT and they are rewarded with automatic , uncontested, scoring chances in a shootout--THATS LAME!!!

Good point. I think and have always thought that even though SO are entertaining, they are a joke. They display individual skill, rather than team skill (which is what the game of hockey is about). That is why they don't have shootouts in the playoffs.

I'm not really one to be very pessimistic, but it really seems like people on here give the Wings loads of credit no matter what happens. Folks, they just lost a game in which they had a three-goal lead with less than ten minutes to play. No excuses for that under any circumstances. You are allowed to be mad at the team from time to time.

I'm not going to say that this is the beginning of the end, because that would be foolish. But, it certainly is disappointing.

Guest Crymson

this game is a good example of why shootouts are totally stupid!!!

Dallas never attacked 1 time in the 5 min OT--even their own announcers said they look like they were playing for the shootout!!

Not 1 shot on goal in OT and they are rewarded with automatic , uncontested, scoring chances in a shootout--THATS LAME!!!

Agreed in full. Throughout OT, I couldn't get my mind off of how much I felt OT should be 10 minutes, at least. 5 minutes = D-fest.

This was between he and I, though you're welcome to read it as well.

I don't know how many posts I've made on this board. I'd imagine it's above a thousand and less than two thousand.

all im saying is that on a night like this where the loss is EXTREMELY disappointing youre gonna have people feeling down more so than ever, and while i usually hate people coming in here being all negative, i think this time its somewhat merited.

Hasek is not a shootout goalie. I believe we can agree on this.

We aren't good in shootouts this year, for sure. I think Zetta would have helped us out a lot, but who knows?

I don't think the slack in the third period was quit; I think it was out-of-fuel. As you've said, the Stars are an exciting team to watch, as they play fast hockey. It's not easy to come off a hard-fought road win against a very good team, then play a team which plays as fast as the Stars do.

no shootouts in the playoffs, thank goodness. He stopped two of them, too bad the Wings can't score in shoot outs, is another way to look at it.

Stars play Nashville tomorrow night. I predict the Stars will win, and they won't be "tired" from this back to back with the Wings... no excuses for the Wings for me, sorry, Crym.

Maybe we should have started Ozzie against Dallas while Dom 'only' would have had to deal with Nashville...

here we go.

Hasek is not a shootout goalie. I believe we can agree on this.

We aren't good in shootouts this year, for sure. I think Zetta would have helped us out a lot, but who knows?

I don't think the slack in the third period was quit; I think it was out-of-fuel. As you've said, the Stars are an exciting team to watch, as they play fast hockey. It's not easy to come off a hard-fought road win against a very good team, then play a team which plays as fast as the Stars do.

Hasek played fine in the SO. If your team doesn't score any goals in the SO, it's tough to win it.

Guest Crymson

I'm not really one to be very pessimistic, but it really seems like people on here give the Wings loads of credit no matter what happens. Folks, they just lost a game in which they had a three-goal lead with less than ten minutes to play. No excuses for that under any circumstances. You are allowed to be mad at the team from time to time.

I'm not going to say that this is the beginning of the end, because that would be foolish. But, it certainly is disappointing.

Disappointment is fine with me. Spreading catastrophe always seems a bit much.

For my part, I think we should look at the good as well as the bad, and hope for the best next time around. Our last three games have, on the whole, been very good. The team was, indeed, spent tonight. They did slack at the end. That was not good. We can be sure they will not do so in the playoffs; this is late regular season, and such things happen, though such should not have happened tonight. However, they did come up with 3 out of 4 against two great teams. They did play 2 great periods and a great OT. Regrettably, this was not enough; however, this game was not total crap IMO.

This whole game was kind of ironic to me. Usually it is the wings who usually play one good period and end up winning because of a strong third. This time, they play two strong periods and one bad, and lose. How does that work out?

Disappointment is fine with me. Spreading catastrophe always seems a bit much.

For my part, I think we should look at the good as well as the bad, and hope for the best next time around. Our last three games have, on the whole, been very good. The team was, indeed, spent tonight. They did slack at the end. That was not good. We can be sure they will not do so in the playoffs; this is late regular season, and such things happen, though such should not have happened tonight. However, they did come up with 3 out of 4 against two great teams. They did play 2 great periods and a great OT. Regrettably, this was not enough; however, this game was not total crap IMO.

key point being 2 great periods, too bad hockey games are 3 periods

EDIT: post 666 =/

Edited by Viperar

You know what I'm going to tell you. I'll save myself some typing, and summarize it in two words: f*** off.

I'll lay out the situation again for you. We beat the other two top teams in the NHL in the last 3 days. We came home from a very big win on the road against Nashville last night, and pulled out at least a point against a very good team less than 24 hrs later.

Kiss my ass.

i like it better when you're not posting.

Crap--I had a bad feeling about this game from the start of the third period. A 3 goal lead is the kiss of death for these guys. I like the way the Wings came back in OT, though. The shootout is a joke, and I can't wait for the playoffs when we don't have to put up with it anymore.

Here is a rule change they need to make for these stupid shootouts...

Teams get as many shootout shots as they had in the 5 min OT..that would cut down on the BS playing for the shootout strategy!!

and another point..if they played 10 min OT its a good bet we would have won..Dallas wasnt even trying to attack in OT and we fired 7 shots to their 0. It would be alot harder to rag out 10 min OT than the current 5.

all im saying is that on a night like this where the loss is EXTREMELY disappointing youre gonna have people feeling down more so than ever, and while i usually hate people coming in here being all negative, i think this time its somewhat merited.

But yet, I point out that the first goal gave Dallas the momentum, and you accuse me of "trying to start that debate" What the hell? It's not like I blamed only Dom, or went on a negative tirade about him, so I don't see why you even flipped like that.

Here is a rule change they need to make for these stupid shootouts...

Teams get as many shootout shots as they had in the 5 min OT..that would cut down on the BS playing for the shootout strategy!!

and another point..if they played 10 min OT its a good bet we would have won..Dallas wasnt even trying to attack in OT and we fired 7 shots to their 0. It would be alot harder to rag out 10 min OT than the current 5.

man as cool and rewarding as that rule would be, theres not chance it would ever be implemented, itd be cool though

But yet, I point out that the first goal gave Dallas the momentum, and you accuse me of "trying to start that debate" What the hell? It's not like I blamed only Dom, or went on a negative tirade about him, so I don't see why you even flipped like that.

defense mechanism because i know what it turns into when discussions about goalies come up in any red wing environment. He was playing amazing up to that point and he made a mistake, the defense shoulda been in front of that puck anyhow, considering it looked more like a pass than a shot

My thoughts on the game tonight:

1. I'm obviosly disappoointed we lost, but in the grand scheme of things, I think Kronner's injury was the bigger blow. Christ what a dissapointing day. First Kenny Rogers goes down, now Kronner.

2. I guess we'll probably have to get used to more Lilja, but his cross ice pass that led to the 2nd goal really drives me insane. Why would you do that with a 2 goal lead and less than 4 minutes to go? The bigger question, why did Babcok even dress him, when Lebda said he was ready to go?

3. We suck at shootouts, but we could be better if Babcock used a better lineup. Cleary over Hudler and Flip; sorry I'm not buying it.

4. I don't think the Wings ran out of gas, I think they tried to go into a defensive shell and got burned. They were clearly the better team in OT, and if they had played the same way in the 3rd, Dallas never comes back.

Edited by Airborn

man as cool and rewarding as that rule would be, theres not chance it would ever be implemented, itd be cool though

defense mechanism because i know what it turns into when discussions about goalies come up in any red wing environment. He was playing amazing up to that point and he made a mistake, the defense shoulda been in front of that puck anyhow, considering it looked more like a pass than a shot

Yeah, he was playing amazing up to that point, and I never said he wasn't. It's fine that it's your defense mechanism, but I've seen that debate over and over again, and refuse to get involved in it. Both goalies are playing great, and that's great news for the Wings and bad news for whoever goes against them. Just don't be so fast to jump to that next time, all I ask.

Yeah, he was playing amazing up to that point, and I never said he wasn't. It's fine that it's your defense mechanism, but I've seen that debate over and over again, and refuse to get involved in it. Both goalies are playing great, and that's great news for the Wings and bad news for whoever goes against them. Just don't be so fast to jump to that next time, all I ask.

ok sounds good...sorry :hehe: