• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

Arsenal won last night and make through to last 8 of Carling Cup.

Manchester United vs Arsenal Saturday for battle of top spot in the Premier league.

As much I would love to see the Spurs get sent down, their would be no more North London Derby. Hope he can turn things around and get them out of the relegation spot so that the derby can go on next season.

Edited by Jwo

Congrats for a great victory on Tuesday night,Ross! :thumbup:

Great result at the fortress that is Celtic Park. :) here's hoping that they can get a good result against Donetsk in the next game then go too Milan and get something.

Decent start for Leeds this season to bud , i hope they get back to where they belong. :thumbup: they are a great club and deserve better.

Arsenal back on top after beating Reading 3-1 on Monday Night Football. Should of been 4-1 But the bloody ref called offsides on Arsenal when they were not.

Edited by Jwo

Euro 2008 Qualifying games. Match kick-offs are listed in CET.

17/11 Grp A Finland 15:00 Azerbaijan

17/11 Grp D Wales 16:00 Republic of Ireland

17/11 Grp G Bulgaria 17:00 Romania

17/11 Grp F Latvia 17:00 Liechtenstein

17/11 Grp C Moldova 18:00 Hungary

17/11 Grp E Andorra 18:00 Estonia

17/11 Grp B Scotland 18:00 Italy

17/11 Grp E Israel 19:00 Russia

17/11 Grp B Lithuania 19:00 Ukraine

17/11 Grp C Norway 19:00 Turkey

17/11 Grp E Macedonia 20:00 Croatia

17/11 Grp D Germany 20:00 Cyprus

17/11 Grp G Albania 20:00 Belarus

17/11 Grp G Netherlands 20:30 Luxembourg

17/11 Grp D Czech Republic 20:30 Slovakia

17/11 Grp C Greece 20:30 Malta

17/11 Grp A Poland 20:30 Belgium

17/11 Grp F Northern Ireland 20:45 Denmark

17/11 Grp A Serbia 20:45 Kazakhstan

17/11 Grp F Spain 22:00 Sweden

17/11 Grp A Portugal 22:00 Armenia

Israel beat Russia! Was a great game to watch. England still has a chance to qualify!

Scotland lost to Italy towards the last minutes of the game. which ends their hope . :(

Euro 2008 Qualifying - Match kick-off listed in CET.

21/11 Grp E England 21:00 Croatia

England needs 1 point to qualify. If England lose, Russia makes it to Euros.

I am hearing the pitch sucks at Wembley because of the NFL.

Edited by Jwo

England lost 3-2 and won't be making into Euro 2008 this summer.

England Manager got sacked this morning.

Teams that qualified for Euro 2008

Portugal, Poland, France, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Czech Republic, Germany, Croatia, Russia, Sweden, Spain, Netherlands, Romania.

Arsenal all alone at the top of the table after their 2-0 win over Wigan and Man Utd 1-0 lost to Bolton.

England is in the same group again with Croatia for 2010 World Cup. :lol:

Group 9 is Holland, Scotland, Norway, Macedonia, Iceland

Will be looking forward to that. Napred Makedonija! :)

Silly me I forgot to put the link to the rest of Europe draw for the World Cup.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/i...als/7109776.stm

Edited by Jwo

IPB Image

Euro 2008 Group draws

Group A: Switzerland, Czech Republic, Portugal, Turkey

Group B: Austria, Croatia, Germany, Poland

Group C: Holland, Italy, Romania, France

Group D: Greece, Sweden, Spain, Russia

ESPN 'interested' in British rights to football Premiership:

LONDON (AFP) - American sports broadcaster ESPN is "absolutely interested" in the British rights to broadcast English Premier League football matches, its president said Monday.

George Bodenheimer's remarks to the Financial Times signal an attempt by the network to increase its audience share in Europe, where its North American Sports Network, which reaches 10 million homes across the continent, will soon be rebranded as ESPN.

He described the Premier League as a "fabulous property ... we are absolutely interested" in bidding for its British broadcast rights, which next become available at auction in 2009.

A bid for the rights to broadcase the Premier League would likely put ESPN in direct battle with British Sky Broadcasting, which currently owns the rights, having agreed to a 1.3-billion-pound (1.8-billion-euro, 2.6-billion-dollar) three-year-deal in 2006.

Bodenheimer said the network, which is 80 percent owned by US broadcaster ABC, a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Corporation, wanted to expand because it was "bullish" on its prospects in the United States, where it has long-term deals to broadcast American football, basketball and baseball matches.

"We're going to work on getting as local as we can," Bodenheimer told the business daily from Los Angeles.

"We want to deliver product (eds: correct) that is relevant in each country. It's a country-by-country approach. We want to be investors wherever the top sports product is."

In addition to its interest in Premier League football, ESPN also recently bought the world's largest cricket website Cricinfo and Scrum.com, the largest rugby website.

The website acquisitions were "a good way to get started," Bodenheimer said, because "there are lower barriers to entry in setting up a website than if you are setting up a TV business."

According to its website, ESPN reaches 93 million homes within the United States, and also broadcasts to 190 countries in 15 languages.

The Celtic and Rangers game that was to take place at Celtic Park on Wednesday the 2nd of Januaury has been postponed as a mark of respect to former Celtic player and current Motherwell Captain Phil O'Donnell who colapsed and died playing in Motherwells 5-3 victory over Dundee United on saturday . he was only 35 years old .

n702320162_531275_6167.jpg

Phil O'Donnell . 1972 - 2007.

RIP to one of the nicest guy's in scottish football. a great family man who is survived by his wife and four children . a great footballer and a great man.

You'll never walk alone.

http://gwu.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=...5&ref=share

hopefully this works, this is a world cup compilation my brother found, i think its extremely well done for not being professional.

Half way to the next one, cant wait :yowza::thumbup:

Edit: embedding didnt work but the link should

Edited by Viperar

Carling Cup Semifinal 2nd leg

Tottenham Hotspur 5

Arsenal 1

GO SPURS!

Sp*rs got lucky.

Arsenal Draws Manchester United for 5th round of the FA Cup.

I would rather have these two teams meet up in the finals.

Looove soccer.. amazing game.

My teams:

EPL - Manchester United.. My cousin played on the reserve team at the same time Beckham did..

SPL - I am going to have to agree with celtic on that one...

BWINLIGA - Sporting... all the other teams are a joke.

MLS - Toronto FC, without a doubt. I'm Canadian, what can I say.

I don't follow La Liga, or Italian Serie A...

I am a huge Drogba fan, but since Ivory Coast has about 0.0001 chance of winning any cup, ever, I follow Portugal.

My dream is that Portugal and Italy will meet in the final of some tournament and Portugal will destroy them.

Edited by cirov19