• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HELLDOGSbmx

TSN's Gord Miller: Datsyuk close to extension?

Rate this topic

Gord Miller mentioned during the play by play of the Atlanta v. Washington game that there were grumblings that Datsyuk was very close to siging an extension with the red wings. No terms were mentioned but it came up when Pierre MacGuire was talking about washington needing a center for Ovechkin and that datsyuk would be a great fit and then gord mentioned the rumor. Anyone else heard anything?

sry if this needs to be moved

I hope we wait until the offseason to sign Datsyuk. I want to see what he's going to do in the playoffs first. I don't want to be stuck with him 4 more years if he continues to hide mid-April to mid-June.

I don't think it's a must to sign him long term. There's better ways to spend 6 million per year if he's only a regular season player.

Maybe we should explore the options of a trade with Washington....... although I'm not sure what they really have to offer.

Wonder how much we would have to give up to get the youngster Backstrom here? Datsyuk and Kindl would be my first guess...

Wonder how much we would have to give up to get the youngster Backstrom here? Datsyuk and Kindl would be my first guess...

Backstrom is a free agent. There is no reason to trade for him.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Correct me if I'm wrong...isn't it too late to trade Dats? The trade deadline has passed and he'll be a free agent July 1.

Edit: wrong date??

Edited by cincywingfan

Should wait until offseason. If Dats really loves it here, then he'll prove it by playing great in the playoffs which shows he wants to stay. Play great, and show that you're actually the real deal come post season THEN the Wings can re-sign him. That's the way I see it anyway..

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

Kenny might as well lock up Datsyuk now. Hes played well in every playoff-type game weve had so far, hes become a leader, a go-to guy, and a player who can take over games. Hes also become a beast defensively all the while still remaining one of the most exciting players to watch in the NHL.

I see this guy getting on the board in the Wings first or second playoff game and not slowing down from his regular season pace. I wouldnt be surprised if Babs, Kenny, and Mike can sense Datsyuk's playoff outbreak just around the corner and because of that, are getting him locked up soon.

Im pretty sure Backstrom is around 28 years old. Not exactly a youngster

I do not understand the whole mentality that, "we better not sign Datsyuk until after the playoffs, because we don't want to be stuck with him if he doesn't perform this year."

This is not Rebert Lang, Pavel Datsyuk is a very attractive player that i can guarentee other teams would be interested in aquiring - even if he doesn't perform in the playoffs.

I am one who does believe he will break out this playoffs though. And what i fear, is that if he does, his price range is going to go up so high that we won't be able to afford him. If he has a great playoffs, some teams will be willing to pay $$$$$$$$$ for him.

correct me if im wrong, but isnt the player you are all talking about BackSTORM not BackSTROM? or maybe im mistaken, and i thought they jsut drafted him and hes very young and swedish. am i wrong?

Yes...I think your wrong Link that is if that is the one your talking about... :ph34r:

Edited by Elshupacabra

correct me if im wrong, but isnt the player you are all talking about BackSTORM not BackSTROM? or maybe im mistaken, and i thought they jsut drafted him and hes very young and swedish. am i wrong?

There are two swedes named Backstrom. I think the difference in name is Niklas and NiCklas. One is a near-30 goaltender, the other is a near-20 center. One is on the Wild, one will be on the Caps next year.

There are two swedes named Backstrom. I think the difference in name is Niklas and NiCklas. One is a near-30 goaltender, the other is a near-20 center. One is on the Wild, one will be on the Caps next year.

Minnesota's Backstrom is a Finn.

Edited by FinRedWing

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...04&tab=prft

NIKLAS BACKSTROM

Position: Goalie Catches: Left

Height: 6' 0" Weight: 196

Born: Feb 13, 1978

Origin: Helsinki, FIN

Indeed.

Here in Finland we have two "official" languages: Finnish & Swedish.

Some have Swedish names and it can confuse people.

Or it could be that the Swedes are yet again trying take credit from our accomplishments. :lol:

I can think of one F1-World Champion,one gold medal-winning marathon runner etc,which they've tried to do so.

Backstrom is a free agent. There is no reason to trade for him.

Whare you takling about??

Kenny might as well lock up Datsyuk now. Hes played well in every playoff-type game weve had so far, hes become a leader, a go-to guy, and a player who can take over games. Hes also become a beast defensively all the while still remaining one of the most exciting players to watch in the NHL.

I see this guy getting on the board in the Wings first or second playoff game and not slowing down from his regular season pace. I wouldnt be surprised if Babs, Kenny, and Mike can sense Datsyuk's playoff outbreak just around the corner and because of that, are getting him locked up soon.

Im pretty sure Backstrom is around 28 years old. Not exactly a youngster

I think he's like 19

Correct me if I'm wrong...isn't it too late to trade Dats? The trade deadline has passed and he'll be a free agent July 1.

Edit: wrong date??

Yes you are absolutely right... But i thought the person was just talking about next season... It doesnt make sense anyway.. I just want Backstrom on this team.. He will be a hell of a player

I hope we wait until the offseason to sign Datsyuk. I want to see what he's going to do in the playoffs first. I don't want to be stuck with him 4 more years if he continues to hide mid-April to mid-June.

I don't think it's a must to sign him long term. There's better ways to spend 6 million per year if he's only a regular season player.

I don't blame him for hiding from late-April to mid-June. The rest of our team has been hiding then, too.

Dats is a free agent after this year, and you don't sign a FA then trade them, unless you never want another free agent to come your way again.

I do not understand the whole mentality that, "we better not sign Datsyuk until after the playoffs, because we don't want to be stuck with him if he doesn't perform this year."

This is not Rebert Lang, Pavel Datsyuk is a very attractive player that i can guarentee other teams would be interested in aquiring - even if he doesn't perform in the playoffs.

I am one who does believe he will break out this playoffs though. And what i fear, is that if he does, his price range is going to go up so high that we won't be able to afford him. If he has a great playoffs, some teams will be willing to pay $$$$$$$$$ for him.

Well i'm glad my opinion is in good company - Steve Yzerman, Ken Holland.

Edited by silkyjohnson13