• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DrThunderer

ESPN's breakdown of the Wings/Flames series

Rate this topic

Just wondering , but think you could post the flames predicted line up :P

I'd like to see how old Jimmy's gonna try to beat us, Sportsnet west never shows the lines :P

Sure thing. My guess to start out would be if healthy:

Tanguay-Conroy-Iginla

Huselius-Langkow-Moss

Amonte-Lombardi-Primeau

Nilson-Yelle-Friesen

Ritchie, McCarty, Godard.

Hamrlik-Phaneuf

Regehr-Stuart

Warrener-Hale

Zyuzin, Giordano, Regehr 2.0

The line that will bring the most immediate impact will be the 1b line, I just think they match up best against your team.

Tanguay-Conroy-Iginla

Huselius-Langkow-Moss

Amonte-Lombardi-Primeau

Nilson-Yelle-Friesen

Hamrlik-Phaneuf

Regehr-Stuart

Warrener-Hale

The line that will bring the most immediate impact will be the 1b line, I just think they match up best against your team.

5 of those 6 d-men are hard hitting north americains , and even then hamrlik has one of the worst mean streaks in the NHL.

Should be a good series

Tanguay-Conroy-Iginla

Huselius-Langkow-Moss

Amonte-Lombardi-Primeau

Nilson-Yelle-Friesen

Hamrlik-Phaneuf

Regehr-Stuart

Warrener-Hale

That's not too shabby. I'm pumped for the playoffs to begin. Phaneuf and Kipper scare me. I think we can handle Iggy.

That's not too shabby. I'm pumped for the playoffs to begin. Phaneuf and Kipper scare me. I think we can handle Iggy.

Two things I like better about this years Flames compared to last year and 03/04...no key injuries, and lots of depth in case of injury.

IF, and its a big IF, they make it past the 1st round...they are well set up for the war of attrition to come.

Zyuzin or Giordano can step in on any given night and both have an impact on defense.

Byron Ritchie can play just about any role you ask him to on forward. He'll remind you of the 18 clones we had on the 03/04 roster. Hard working little SOB.

Shutting down Iggy? Wouldn't surprise me in the least...but the guy the Wings need to key on after that is Huselius.

Edited by Jiggy_12

Tanguay-Conroy-Iginla

Huselius-Langkow-Moss

Amonte-Lombardi-Primeau

Nilson-Yelle-Friesen

Hamrlik-Phaneuf

Regehr-Stuart

Warrener-Hale

The main reason im going with the Flames is because of their defensemen and of course Kiprusoff. The Flames dont have that physical punch in the 3rd and 4th lines like they've had in the past, Nilson definitely needs to sit in favor of Ritchie or McCarty...if he's up to snuff.

i look at the losses and wins. hasek has 2 less wins but 13 less losses than kipper. not including overtime, with overtime hasek has 16 less losses...(if my math is correct :P )

not saying hasek is better or kipper stinks, both are great goalies, it is just hasek wins more in less games.

1000th post :!:

Two things I like better about this years Flames compared to last year and 03/04...no key injuries, and lots of depth in case of injury.

IF, and its a big IF, they make it past the 1st round...they are well set up for the war of attrition to come.

Zyuzin or Giordano can step in on any given night and both have an impact on defense.

Byron Ritchie can play just about any role you ask him to on forward. He'll remind you of the 18 clones we had on the 03/04 roster. Hard working little SOB.

Shutting down Iggy? Wouldn't surprise me in the least...but the guy the Wings need to key on after that is Huselius.

Giordano :thumbup: I saw him play a few games in the last couple weeks and thought he looked great out there.

1000th post :!:

Congrats!

Some writer at NBC sports basically thinks the Wings have no chance. Is it me or this guy sound like a jackass? Not because he picked the Flames, but because he made it seem as if he absolutely dislikes the Wings.

I'm sorry but offensively the Flames are not better than the Wings

http://www.mlive.com/weblogs/snapshots/ind..._04.html#247678

Given the Wings history against the Alberta teams in the past two postseasons, it's going to be fashionable to pick against the Wings this year.

It's not going to happen three times in a row. Wings in 6.

Those of you saying that its not even close in the offense department, have you taken some time to look at how many goals each team scored this season?

I know its shocking, but the Flames actually outscored the Red Wings.

Wow by a whole 4 Goals and the Flames actually gave up 27 more goals.

Wings in 5

Wow by a whole 4 Goals and the Flames actually gave up 27 more goals.

Wings in 5

Yeah...but I was talking about offense, so what does the GA have to do with it?

Plus...ah, nevermind..you obviously didn't read the discussion anyways.

Something that people forgot to mention in the analysis is:

Chemistry/heart: Calgary >> Detroit

Hmm...ok. Did you come to this conclusion when seeing Calgary backed into the 8th seed?

Yeah...but I was talking about offense, so what does the GA have to do with it?

Plus...ah, nevermind..you obviously didn't read the discussion anyways.

The Wings and Flames offenses are equal was my point. 4 more goals over a 82 game season don’t mean much. And I did read the discussion.

Something that people forgot to mention in the analysis is:

Chemistry/heart: Calgary >> Detroit

What? I'm sorry but I absolutely disagree. The Wings are one of the best teams when it comes to gelling together/chemistry.

As for heart? How can you actually even put that out there? If they didn't have heart then they wouldn't be where they are at right now. If they didn't have heart then they wouldn't have proved everyone wrong with making the playoffs, and getting the #1 seed when majority predicted failure. If they didn't have heart then the entire Wings line up wouldn't have stepped up their game each and everytime their roster was depleted due to injuries. The Wings have plenty of heart.

The Wings and Flames offenses are equal was my point. 4 more goals over a 82 game season don’t mean much. And I did read the discussion.

They are equal?

So then you know the reason I inquired as to why some people were giving the offense edge to the Red Wings, when they are, as you say, equal.

Hmm...ok. Did you come to this conclusion when seeing Calgary backed into the 8th seed?

Agreed, the Flames have sucked their way into the playoffs, but I think that this is a team that raises their game during the playoffs and Detroit hasn't exactly looked stellar the last couple of weeks. I just don't see much hunger when I watch Detroit play.