• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
reyalp

Phaneuf's cheap shot on Z

Rate this topic

That's what all this fuss is about?

I was expecting a lot worse. It was obviously a penalty, but it looked like Zetterberg was already on his way down. This rough stuff is fairly expected in playoff hockey.

The link doesnt show what happened as well as they showed it on FSN Detroit during the game. It was a stupid shot to the face that Phaneuf didnt need to pull, but I dont think it was THAT big of a deal. I think the original poster just wanted the link to prove that it did happen.

I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one. I'm the biggest Zetter homer there is but I didn't think it was a cheap shot per se. Penalty? Yes. This is the playoffs...I didn't expect any less.

*waiting to get flamed by over-reactors*

you didn't think that was a cheapshot? that was old time hockey, like Eddie Shore. (without the instigator rule)

I made this for his ***** ass move.

IPB Image

LMFAO

Flames will also come out flying.....they will not embarass themselves like that tomorrow.

I am really surprised that the Mods allow such language on this board... :clap:

Well Kipper has a loooooooonnngg way to go before he can act like Hasek on a dive

Hasek would get the Oscar for his performances. :clap:

lmao ........no disagreement here that hasek exagerates , but you cant tell me kipper didnt pull an oscar performance of his own last game , that was obviously a dive , cleary barely even touched him , and flames may not embaress themselves tomorrow , but i like you am confident in my team , and i said it before game 1 that if the flames played the same way they did against us in 03 theyd get called for alot of penalties against them and thats what happend .........and no offense you got some nice forwards who can score but your forwards aren't as physical as they use to be , besides iiginla theres know one there im worried about .....anyways looking forward to tomorrow's game

GO WINGS GO !

Edited by zetterbergfuturemvp

Come on guys. It was not a cheap shot. While I admit it could have been done without, it's not like Phaneuf went all Chris Simon on Zetterberg and tomahawked him in the face. Please, stop being such homers on this one. It was not a cheap shot by any stretch of the imagination. Uneeded? Yes. Cheap shot? No.

Niether were that bad. I wasn't happy that it happened. Just as much as flames fans probably jumpmed through the roof when Kipper went down. Truth is, Dion shoulda got 2 minutes for roughing for what he did to Z. I remember screaming when it happened, but that was in the heat of the moment. Same with flames fans. If they actually sit back and watch the goalie interference, and put aside their bias, they will see that Kipper was hardly touched.

Flames will also come out flying.....they will not embarass themselves like that tomorrow.

I am really surprised that the Mods allow such language on this board... :clap:

Well Kipper has a loooooooonnngg way to go before he can act like Hasek on a dive

Hasek would get the Oscar for his performances. :clap:

And obviouslu hasek doesnt deserve the oscar. If he did, you wouldn't have thought it was a dive, simply that he got knocked over. And Oscar worthy performance is based on good-acting. Hence, if you truly believe Kippers, then his deserves the nod.

Come on guys. It was not a cheap shot. While I admit it could have been done without, it's not like Phaneuf went all Chris Simon on Zetterberg and tomahawked him in the face. Please, stop being such homers on this one. It was not a cheap shot by any stretch of the imagination. Uneeded? Yes. Cheap shot? No.

QFU2STFU...ridiculous dude...

Guest tangstoiggy

The link doesnt show what happened as well as they showed it on FSN Detroit during the game. It was a stupid shot to the face that Phaneuf didnt need to pull, but I dont think it was THAT big of a deal. I think the original poster just wanted the link to prove that it did happen.

I recalll Dion taking a couple of shots to the face at the begiinning.n (After the whistel)...and those weren;t cheap shots...come on people

Anyone have footage of it, I brought it up on a nother message board and this stuck up flames fan insists it didn't happen and the only cheap shot of the game came from cleary <_<

I'm assuming your talking about me, and actually I retracted my statment and said that Cleary's run into kipper wasn't totally dirty, just a little.

Secondly, I also admitted that Phaneuf did use a little uneccesary force on Zetterberg. So I don't know if this post is totally warranted, I'm actually kinda agreeing with you.

I recalll Dion taking a couple of shots to the face at the begiinning.n (After the whistel)...and those weren;t cheap shots...come on people

I agree with this, Phaneuf is always targeted, but thats fine, he can handle himself just fine.

Markov will take care of Phaneuf....

:D:D:D

This had to be funniest thing I read. I'm not even gonna bother..... too easy!!!

Guest tangstoiggy

I'm assuming your talking about me, and actually I retracted my statment and said that Cleary's run into kipper wasn't totally dirty, just a little.

Secondly, I also admitted that Phaneuf did use a little uneccesary force on Zetterberg. So I don't know if this post is totally warranted, I'm actually kinda agreeing with you.

I agree with this, Phaneuf is always targeted, but thats fine, he can handle himself just fine.

:D:D:D

This had to be funniest thing I read. I'm not even gonna bother..... too easy!!!

Its OK Flamesfan,,,,they Pick on Dion because he has the potential of being a great D-Man

And we all know how European Players handle hits..... :clap:

And Markov........Please :P

Guest tangstoiggy

You make my day man!!! :yowza:

Great!!!

Well that is one of the better pictures of DION ;)

Was that the elbow? The initial camera angle on it wasn't great, but once they showed 3 or 4 other angles, i dont know how the refs didnt see it.

Yeah the initial hit wasn't too bad but they panned to Dats and he was PISSED! I couldn't figure out why until they showed the replay of Phaneuf went to hip check him but then elbowed him in the face. That's how Dats lost his helmet.