• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KronwallCRUNCH

Cherry on Neil

Rate this topic

During Coach's Corner, Cherry showed video footage of Neil during warmup skating by Pens players and chirping at them- including M.A. Fleury...He goes on to say that if any team had a team full of Neils, they would "win every game"...He then goes on to praise Neil for running over Crosby on the Roberts goal (even though he completely missed the goal scorer in front of the net) and how great of a job it was. NEIL COST HIS TEAM A GOAL FOR RUNNING CROSBY!!! Great job, Chris!

NEIL COST HIS TEAM A GOAL FOR RUNNING CROSBY!!! Great job, Chris!

Neil is a great player, but I see your point; it's weird timing on Grape's part.

Also, there were a ton of plays in that game yesterday where guys from both teams took themselves out of position to try and run somebody. It was entertaining as hell to watch, but I cringe at how horrible the defense was.

Don Cherry has a raging hardon for any Canadian player who shows toughness. If Neil was Russian and Datsyuk was Canadian, he'd show the Drury hit and preach about "typical dirty Russian tactics, no respect, blah blah blah" while simultaneously showing a Datsyuk highlight reel and saying how he's the most skilled player he's seen since Bobby Orr.

Well actually, Neil didn't cost his team a goal. Crosby was his man because he was closest to him, and he took him out of the play accordingly. It was the player behind Neil that ignored the guy in front that cost his team the goal. So your argument doesn't exactly work in that case.

Well actually, Neil didn't cost his team a goal. Crosby was his man because he was closest to him, and he took him out of the play accordingly. It was the player behind Neil that ignored the guy in front that cost his team the goal. So your argument doesn't exactly work in that case.

No. I don't know who it was, but there was already a man on Crosby. Neil came back to level him, leaving Roberts all alone in front- it was blown coverage that resulted in a goal.

Neil is an awsome power forward and a really tough guy. He is a player that can really change a game with a big hit, a fight, or a goal.

And why do people think that just because some one hits Crosby or touches him that it is a cheap shot or "running" him. <_< . He shouldn't get any special treatment, hes not retarded (or is he :P jk jk jk).

well now that i think about it, you might be right. I didnt pay too close of attention to remember so i'd have to see the replay again, but if what youre saying is that neil came in to crash crosby event hough the defenseman already had him, then youre right, it was his blown coverage. Anybody else see the replay that can remember?

Another topic involving Grapes? Jeez, that's two already. :P

Don Cherry has a raging hardon for any Canadian player who shows toughness. If Neil was Russian and Datsyuk was Canadian, he'd show the Drury hit and preach about "typical dirty Russian tactics, no respect, blah blah blah" while simultaneously showing a Datsyuk highlight reel and saying how he's the most skilled player he's seen since Bobby Orr.

Very true. Grapes is pro anything canadian. If Alexei Yashin was a canadian, he'd say how he is worth every bit of his contract. If Darcy Tucker was russian, he'd say what a cheap dirty bastard he is. Typical Grapes at his finest.

Whenever you watch Ron talking it up out there, you see that he actually looks alright when he's got Kelly Hrudey with him. But whenever Cherry starts talking?

He's always got his eye on Don for some stupid stuff that he'll have to act as a foil to.

Yeah, the video he chose to show was pretty bad. As mentioned, the hit shown, left the player in front (Roberts I believe) wide open for a goal. And the quote where he says, 'if every player was like that, they'd win.' ... Umm, yeah.

Whenever you watch Ron talking it up out there, you see that he actually looks alright when he's got Kelly Hrudey with him. But whenever Cherry starts talking?

He's always got his eye on Don for some stupid stuff that he'll have to act as a foil to.

That's because Grapes is an idiot. If Maclean wasn't on the show to keep him in line, it would be a 10 minute rant fest of him going off (worse than usual) about Euros and French Canadians with visors. If you think it's bad now, it would be 100 times worse without Ron.

I would love to see Neil in a wings uniform that guy has a lot of heart and he hustles every shift and gives you a huge momentum boost.

That'll never happen. Ottawa won't let him go.

Edited by Kp-Wings