• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BuckeyeWingsFan

Flames getting slammed by own Media

Rate this topic

There hasn't been this much damage control on the go since Bill Clinton went on television to assure the Bible-belt puritans: "I did NOT have sex with that woman!''

:lol:

I will defend Langkow,this guy rarely shows emotion.

When he felt he was lowbridged by Lebda he simply reacted with a punch to the face.

I've also watched the Iginla play many times...I still don't see a butt end.

Flames win tonight and make it a series.

I don't care if he was man of the year, he still did it and it was chicken s***. And since when does a hip check suddenly become a "lowbridge"? When it's on a Calgary player apparently. Let your own stupid Don Cherry contradict himself by explaining what a hip check is...pay attention class!

We can go on and on about if it was a butt-end or not, the point is it was unsportsmanlike conduct in the dying minutes of a game which the league indicated at the beginning of the year they would not tolerate.

esteef

Guest Chris the Dominator

When I watched CBC (morrons), they didn't stop blaming Lebda... I mean, you saw just like me what Langkow did to him AFTER the hit. And they said nothing about it... I'm watching FSD next time :)

Thing is though, Lebda did NOT go low at his knees: Take notice to where Lebda's hip is when he made contact

IPB Image

IPB Image

THANK YOU! I'd absolutely LOVE for any Calgary fan to take a look at these pics and still try to convince themselves that it was a low hip check.

- Houdini

THANK YOU! I'd absolutely LOVE for any Calgary fan to take a look at these pics and still try to convince themselves that it was a low hip check.

- Houdini

The sad thing is, they will still try to defend it.

I dunno. It's certainly not ALL fans, but I saw tons of them, most that I read, defending what McClennan did -- on their own board. I don't post there, but I did check it out.

When I watched CBC (morrons), they didn't stop blaming Lebda... I mean, you saw just like me what Langkow did to him AFTER the hit. And they said nothing about it... I'm watching FSD next time :)

I'm sorry but if your not canadian, dont watch cbc, cause they will defend any canadian teams no matter what happens. I personally will listen to the game on local radio before I watch it on cbc. :thumbdown:

I dunno. It's certainly not ALL fans, but I saw tons of them, most that I read, defending what McClennan did -- on their own board. I don't post there, but I did check it out.

And yet there are a few that I noticed saying that Lebda "deserved" to be helped off the ice with a concussion. I've seen a few decent fans, but alot of them say the Wings had it coming for "running" Kiprusoff, and defend the entire thing. Makes me sick.

Thing is though, Lebda did NOT go low at his knees: Take notice to where Lebda's hip is when he made contact

IPB Image

IPB Image

THANK YOU finally some evidence on this hit, CLEARLY a clean hit i dont know why he got a penalty or that people are saying it was dirty, oh and kudos for the article. :clap::clap::clap:

My favorite part of that article was the begining.

They lost it.

And they lost it.

"We have a fiery group of guys,'' said Rhett Warrener.

"We weren't happy with the way things were going,'' chimed in Jarome Iginla.

As if that excuses the anarchy.

"You try to play all 60 minutes with passion and intensity,'' said Calgary Flames coach Jim Playfair. "To see the emotions spill over in the last five minutes of the game like that . . . it is what it is.''

What it is, is stupid.

Guest nutz2u

There is another scathing article by Mike Brophy on The Hockey News site. I don't have a clue how to bring it over. :blush:

Edited by nutz2u

The Flames were a very POed lot. And, in a sense, they had a right to be. Dan Cleary taking a whack at Kiprusoff's glove with the puck long tucked away had drawn their ire. Kirk Maltby bowling over Kiprusoff, too. The Wings got so close to the Kipper he became familiar with the various after-shaves of Holmstrom, Big Bert, Franzen and the rest.

"If they'd call that stuff, everything would settle down,'' argued Warrener. "Especially that chop at Kipper's glove. I mean, if they're not going to take care of it, we will.''

See, that's where they are wrong. We aren't playing them any differently than we've played any other team all year long. It is our style. We are allowed to screen the goalie all day long. We do not touch their goalie. Their goalie is touching us.

See, that's where they are wrong. We aren't playing them any differently than we've played any other team all year long. It is our style. We are allowed to screen the goalie all day long. We do not touch their goalie. Their goalie is touching us.

Exactly. This whole "running" Kiprusoff thing is nothing but BS from the Flames. Cleary grazed him the one game, but so what? Not like any of the guys have gone in with a full head of steam and went right through him. Calgary can dish it out but can't take it, and I hope the Wings end it tonight, just so we don't have to hear anymore whining from them.

Franzen:

IPB Image

Homer:

IPB Image

There is another scathing article by Mike Brophy on The Hockey News site. I don't have a clue how to bring it over. :blush:

Copy the link in the address bar of the article(right click>copy)

Click "Add Reply" on the thread and look for the "Insert Link" icon on the bar above where you type your reply. It looks like the Earth with a chain on it.

Paste the address, then type a title or paste the address again.

DONE

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

All my prior respect for Igoonla has gone out the window. If you "aren't happy" with the way the game is going square up and fight--don't baseball hack someone or suckerpunch them. Nice excuse Iginla, aren't captain's suppose to be classy...at least ours is.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Nice capture of the hit! I agree, as it was, it was a legal check. Lebda did get lower by backing up trying to make sure he checked "landcow". Checking during the game happens, everyone is aware that it is a part of the game. When you are on the ice and you get a punch to the face(with his other hand on top of his head so the full force of the punch is felt) it is not something that is common and acceptable. This should have been a penalty at least but the refs didn't catch it, understandable. Does he deserve a suspension? Maybe, maybe not. Does he deserve a Burt Beating squared up so they both know what is coming? You betcha!

it was a good article, but i can't believe the writer thinks maltby was running kipper. don't they have tv's in calgary or do they just listen on the radio? if you don't want matby falling on top of your goalie you shouldn't push him there.

Nice capture of the hit! I agree, as it was, it was a legal check. Lebda did get lower by backing up trying to make sure he checked "landcow". Checking during the game happens, everyone is aware that it is a part of the game. When you are on the ice and you get a punch to the face(with his other hand on top of his head so the full force of the punch is felt) it is not something that is common and acceptable. This should have been a penalty at least but the refs didn't catch it, understandable. Does he deserve a suspension? Maybe, maybe not. Does he deserve a Burt Beating squared up so they both know what is coming? You betcha!

I dont' think it was at all intentional, but actually that screen grab shows why the hit was dangerous and probably deserved a penalty.

It wasn't knee on knee, but look at Langkow's left knee and how it's bent. Whether it was lebda's hip that hit or not, it was a little low.

I think the penalty was justified. The cheapshot afterward, however, was not.

You have to respect the Canadian media for calling out the Flames like they did in that article. However, for those of you wondering why they keep saying Malts ran Kipper, just try watching the CBC feed. Every slight breeze with Kipper is considered a 'run'. That is the light it is shown in. They don't show what really happened, they only show the replays that favor teh Canadian teams.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thank YOU Taz for the excellent stillshots.......got tired of yelling at my DVR about this. (The wife got very tired of it as well.)

Oh and thank you Holland for Lebda - get well very soon.

aloha

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

HAHA! Excellent article. Especially coming from their own media outlets. I hope some of their homer fans get a glimps of that article. My favorite part of the article:

All we're focusing on is going home and winning a hockey game. And that's the truth.''

Focus? They couldn't see the tip of a face shield a couple inches in front of the ends of their noses

:lol::lol::lol:

Classless losers. Have fun flame fans, cause tonight is the last game the flamers will be playing.

Guest Lestat

LOL great article. i went looking around on that site and found this article also its pretty good too.

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey...2b8&k=92234

this was a great point by the guy who wrote this:

"This column won't change any minds. So let's say it this way. Perhaps the Flames would have been better advised to use that excess energy chasing down ancient Chris Chelios when the outcome was still in doubt. 45-year-old Chris Chelios outraced the Flames' entire No. 1 line the length of the ice to score a shorthanded goal that made the score 3-0."

LOL that was just great!!!

oh my 1st post ever :clap:

Edited by Lestat

Now that I'm seeing this again over and over on review, sall I can say is... Wow! Langkow is a joke. After he's taken out the grumpy little baby throws a blatant cheap shot, worse than Tootoo's. Then rolls over like the ***** he is and pretends to be injured, to justify his goonery and sell the call. That Puke deserves at least 3 games.

Any Flames fan defending him for this crap is a complete retard who'd defend Hitler if we played for Calgary.

Sadly what the Flames media see and what the CHL see is to totally different things. As expected for all intents and purposes... NO suspensions of consequence were issued

Edited by OsGOD