• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-GAME 6: 4/21 Red Wings 2, Flames 1 (2OT)

Rate this topic

To Jarome and the rest of the Flames; if you're wondering what that ringing in your ears is, it's the sweet sound of karma.

Edit: Pretty interesting who scored the goal ,eh.

Edited by Airborn

Yeah, Sammy was doing some really interesting, weird, scary thing in our zone for awhile...I thought my heart would explode. Then he laid on the sideboards waiting for a call??? or something. We don't get calls so I don't know what that was about.

KP Wings has to say something nice about Lang now!

Amen! Yea verily and let it be so. Let's not invite our own bad karma hear. What's that saying? Be careful what you wish for. Bring on whomever the cards say we are dealt. Either way, travel will still kind of suck.

GO WINGS GO!

NIghty night,

Jeff

i think we shouldn't keep hoping for dallas...and just take what we get because i do NOT want this to come back and kick us in the ass for thinking that they're going to be an easy out.

Edited by SliderJeff

not to rain on anyone's parade, but this game was

1-******* boring

2-bad stress.

its always the same with those subpar teams : you shoot 40, 50, 60 times and all they van do is try to get in the way and then score on a lucky break. i was under the impression that i was watching a game TAPE. but hey, we won and the next round is gonna be much more exciting. we will face a good team this time.

I feel you on the stress issue--I have a huge exam tomorrow but my sad list of priorities made me think the Wings game was much more important (which it was)...now I gotta go cram.As for the next round, I guess I am rooting to play the Stars, but with the way Turco has been playing I am rather worried--feels good to get out of the first round, regardless.

Edited by Schneids_is_awesome

i think we shouldn't keep hoping for dallas...and just take what we get because i do NOT want this to come back and kick us in the ass for thinking that they're going to be an easy out.

Don't get me wrong--I'm definitely not saying they'll be an easy opponent. But we stack up much better against them than we do against the Sharks.

Oh well. We'll see what happens!

Mclean and Hrudy can hardly refrain from crying :D

I am recording the CBC post-game. I have got to see this crap.

i seriously screamed so loud i think i woke my whole family up.

im so happy right now i could die

MUUUULLLEEEE!!!!!

round 2 baby...here we come.

You're not alone. I was equally as loud. Good thing I'm home alone tonight.

I loved their reaction to Johans goal esp Lilja's he was jumping up and down!

Ohhhh i Love the REDWINGS!!!

now i am praying Dallas wins 2mrow

SO glad we took this one. Great game all around, every single Red Wing looked good out there. Quincey played great stepping in for Lebda. And what more can I say about Franzen? If I could have picked a player to score the winner, it would have either been him or Cleary. I thought Samuelsson played a strong game tonight as well.

Let's not forget that save Hasek made in Phaneuf in the 3rd, how huge was that? I was a little nervous during the Flames' powerplays in OT, espescially when Moss just shot it over the net, but I never really had the sense that the Wings were going to lose. Hats off to Kipper for standing on his head again.

I honestly feel really good about this team right now. I don't think I've had this much confidence in the Wings since '02. I know a lot of people here think we wouldn't be able to beat San Jose, but with the way this team has been playing I think we have a great shot at doing some damage this year.

Time to rest up and get ready for tomorrow's game, should be pretty entertaining. Sharks or Stars? I say who cares, bring either of 'em on. Looking forward to round 2, and hopefully Holmstrom's okay.

I dont think dallas will be an easy out i just think that they will be a team that we stack up better with compared to San Jose. San Jose's powerplay has killed us this year, and i think that another round against a team like dallas would be excellent preparation for a team like San Jose if we are able to beat Dallas. Turco is having a great playoff, so it will be a series much like the calgary one i think. Low scoring most likely, but entertaining for sure. Plus you will get to see Mike Modano and Zetterberg on the ice at the same time so i know who you are rooting to win tomarrow night.....

That sigh you just heard was the collective Wings organization. This was a huge test and we passed. We have all the tools we need to get this job done. The Wings march on, its about to get real fun.

Bring on the next challenge, we are ready.