• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sixer

Leafs make big off season Move!

Rate this topic

what?

oh - yes....that avatar could say Yzerman sucks and I'd just nod. Yup.

But about the uh.....what?

whoa thats going a LITTLE FAR, but well um what?

lol damn scroll thing on my mouse keeps moving up two posts.

heh

OH YEAH THATS THE CANADIAN WAY TO RUN BUSINESS....god it might be a beautiful country geographically, but businesswise and gov't wise its messed up

i cant stand the leafs, but i feel bad for leaf fans...what a joke

Yeah, that about sums it up.

wouldnt call toronto the mecca of hockey, not even for canada....montreal has way more of a history, more cups than anyone, it means more to the french canadian culture, theyre more loud, loyal and everything you could ask for a team to be called Mecca.

Montreal > Toronto by a long shot.

Toronto is just more corporate. They plaster blue crap all over their magazines, tv, billboards etc in TO and on TSN -also jokingly known as the Toronto Maple Leafs Sports Network and CBC who dont care much about Ottawa or Montreal, mostly just the Leafs. Its corporations trying to make green off blue. It has nothing to do with fans.

The corporations in TO are no better than Ballard, nor do they really care much more about Leafs winning. In fact I think they figure the Leafs perrenial strive to win a cup since 67 is the hunger that will keep TO fans interested.

Canadians are very apathetic, very laid back (which is why economically our gov't has gotten so bad). It's hard to get them riled up, however not winning a cup in so long will do that to anyone. If the Leafs were to win (heaven forbid lol) i think it would only result in returns for a year, then people wouldnt pay as much attention to them...perhaps.

Anyhow my point is, the mecca is montreal, NOT toronto (you did say SO called though..but the shoe doesnt fit)

Everybody considers Toronto to be the Mecca of hockey, which I think is pretty lame. Even though they always sell out, the fans are so boring that you could take a nap at the ACC and not be disturbed. I never said it was myself, as it isn't. It's just a corporate hell up there, and I really feel bad too, because the Leafs have a lot of history with them.

Ballard f***ed that organization up beyond repair. 100 years from now, if the Leafs still exist, they'll still probably feel the effects of Ballards rain.

Everybody considers Toronto to be the Mecca of hockey, which I think is pretty lame. Even though they always sell out, the fans are so boring that you could take a nap at the ACC and not be disturbed. I never said it was myself, as it isn't. It's just a corporate hell up there, and I really feel bad too, because the Leafs have a lot of history with them.

Ballard f***ed that organization up beyond repair. 100 years from now, if the Leafs still exist, they'll still probably feel the effects of Ballards rain.

i agree with you on all of that....

no way, this is the Harold Ballard legacy for the Leafs. It's not about winning a cup for their fans and making money on merchandising after the fact, its about making money up front, over pricing and taxing people to death without regard for the quality of the product.

That is where you are wrong my friend.......evidently the Leafs are intending to win the cup the next two years...... :D

.....There will never be enough boycotting power to not sell out a game at the ACC, other fans will be there to ****** up any unwanted tickets.....

Poor Leafs...they have an average team that flounders in the middle of the pack, not good enough to contend and not bad enough to get high draft picks. They have no good prospects and no future. The team desperately needs to be demolished and rebuilt, but there's too much pressure to field a winning team for that to happen. Management is unwilling to go through the mandatory period of cellar-dwelling in order to develop a good team in the long run...instead they'll keep on trying to save their perpetually-sinking ship by jamming the roster with as many free agents as they can, in an effort to keep attendance and profits high.

Love them or hate them, you can't help but feel bad for Leafs fans...I can't even imagine how infuriating and frustrating it must be to root for a team that has been on a bleak path to nowhere for the past 40 years...the way they're going I wouldn't be surprised if they have to wait another 40.

Well said

That is where you are wrong my friend.......evidently the Leafs are intending to win the cup the next two years...... :D

.....There will never be enough boycotting power to not sell out a game at the ACC, other fans will be there to ****** up any unwanted tickets.....

LMFAO i feel wrong laughing at the expense of an ex wing, but lol

Yup, that's why the Leafs can raise their prices, because people continue to buy the tickets. Supply and Demand.

Totally agree.

I would think Calgary, Edmonton, and surrounding areas would be the Mecca of Hockey in Canada, not Toronto. In the country Toronto maybe 4th behind Calgary, Edmonton, and Montreal.

god that christina av is driving me nuts...shes like cat nip to me...my fav girl in the world....damnit, what did you say? did you say something?

Wings rock the NHL??!?! yup heheh cough

Yeah, I shot that sequence with her myself... Wait! Oh, stupid dreams interfering with reality again.!

Love them or hate them, you can't help but feel bad for Leafs fans...I can't even imagine how infuriating and frustrating it must be to root for a team that has been on a bleak path to nowhere for the past 40 years...the way they're going I wouldn't be surprised if they have to wait another 40.

Ever met a Leafs fan? :lol:

Honestly, because of the history of the game and its origins, everyone wants to call Toronto the hockey Mecca. Fine. Junior hockey is great there and Canada is where they game started. Yes. But the Leafs suck and their fans only watch hockey when the Leafs play - true fans of the game I think not! Their management is a joke, until recently they treated their former stars like s***, as well as their fans. A lesson in how NOT to run an organization? You bet. And how many seasons will their fans continue paying high price money to see such a pathetic display of hockey?

Sorry, but when I think of great Canadian hockey - I think Montreal. Les Canadiens. The Habs. There's some real history right there. Not made-up s*** like Toronto wants to grab onto. Thank-God we've got Mike & Marion !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by motorcitykid

...Sorry, but when I think of great Canadian hockey - I think Montreal. Les Canadiens. The Habs. There's some real history right there. Not made-up s*** like Toronto wants to grab onto. Thank-God we've got Mike & Marion !!!!!!!!!!

Agreed.

There is a reason why I don't go to many Red Wings games. Price is the main one. Professional NHL hockey is one of the most costly sports for a family to be able to afford. I think only the NFL is worse when it comes to the average ticket price. The price when compared to the Red Wings is about the same I believe. Still, its hard for a lot of people to be able to afford the ticket costs. I keep wondering if the NHL isn't painting themselves into a corner here. Eventually, it is going to get to a point where the prices keep going up because there is no lucrative TV contract like the other sports have.

Les Habanovs go back a LONG TIME. and they are consistently selling out the LARGEST VENUE IN THE NHL. and they failed to make the playoffs!

If that isn't a Mecca, I don't know what is.

I would think Calgary, Edmonton, and surrounding areas would be the Mecca of Hockey in Canada, not Toronto. In the country Toronto maybe 4th behind Calgary, Edmonton, and Montreal.

As far as fans go, I'd give Ottawa and Vancouver the nod over Toronto too. While the Leafs will always sell out, even until the end of time, the current fans who go are perhaps the most boring people you could ever imagine. I swear, theres more excitement at a Washington Capitals game then at the ACC, and that's pretty sad when you think about it.

Well s***, I guess when your team sucks balls, ya gotta get money somewhere, lol. Cause fortunately Leafs fans will continue to go to the games despite the ticket price. They have a good fan-base. But it is pretty s***ty to not even make the playoffs and raise ticket prices. It's like, if they had made 8th seed and lost in the first round, I could see where they would raise ticket prices(cause thats a real big accomplishment for them, lol). But to not even make the playoffs and still do it? Definitely not cool.

Sounds alot like the loyal Lions fans around here in Detroit :D

The Toronto Maple Leafs are to hockey as what the Chicago Cubs are to baseball.

Maple Leaf fans...those poor bastards.

Well now, 40 years without a Cup isn't quite as bad as 98 years without a World Series Title. Let's hold off on comments like those for a few decades until it's a match. This is, of course, assuming the Cubs do eventually win the World Series again and the Leafs continue to suck for 58 more years. :P

Considering the Leafs make more money than most teams with TV rights and other things I'm kind of surprised that they are raising prices. Maybe they're being pinched in areas we don't know about?