• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Grigorenko signs 1-year, $858,800 deal

Rate this topic

Most likely it's a two-way deal. I think the Wings want to start him off in the AHL with the Griffins.

Thre's no way Grigorenko would accept a two-way deal, unless it's at a full salary both ways. He has a family, and he would make more in Russia next season then the $850K he would get in DET.

Wonder why he waited till Detroit surpassed 'most' peoples expectations in the playoffs...I mean obviously everyone here expects to win the cup, however the media had us out first/2nd round. Hopefully this doenst show anything about his character wanting to play for a proven winning team, when he might be playing in GR half the year -- will this piss him off?

Thre's no way Grigorenko would accept a two-way deal, unless it's at a full salary both ways. He has a family, and he would make more in Russia next season then the $850K he would get in DET.
Entry-level contracts are automatically two-way.

What's the rookie cap?

I thought it was less than $850K, but I looked up Malkin (figuring he would be at the max) and see that he makes over $960K.

Irish Blues: "I dug out a copy of the old CBA ... players drafted in 2001 could earn a base salary of up to $1,130,000. After the 24% rollback, that's $858,800. Grigorenko is considered to be 24 at the time of signing his ELC, so it's a 1-year contract - and since he's 24, the ELC is automatically a 2-way contract." Edited by Systemfel

Entry-level contracts are automatically two-way.

Irish Blues: "I dug out a copy of the old CBA ... players drafted in 2001 could earn a base salary of up to $1,130,000. After the 24% rollback, that's $858,800. Grigorenko is considered to be 24 at the time of signing his ELC, so it's a 1-year contract - and since he's 24, the ELC is automatically a 2-way contract."

Well, I kinda doubt he'll stick around if he gets stuck in the AHL...

sweet

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Homer

Bertuzzi - Filpulla - Franzen

Draper - Maltby - Cleary

Sammuelson - Hudler - Grigorenko

?

Im thinking more like this:

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Grigorenko

Filppula-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Sammy-Franzen-Hudler

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Kopecky

Edit: forgot to say, that doesnt mean Grigs will be getting 1st line minutes - more like who his regular shifts will be with. Zetterberg can take shifts in Grigs place too.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

If he gets stuck in the AHL it won't be too big a loss anyway at that point.

That would suck if he is stuck there and won't get a chance to be around datsyuk or Markov on a regular basis. They can help him make the transition easier to North America. Although, he did sign a 1-yr deal, so we can offer him more money next year.

Well, I kinda doubt he'll stick around if he gets stuck in the AHL...

Since Russia is not a signatory to the IIHF-NHL treaty, Grigorenko can simply pickup and go back to Russia at any moment. Like Kaigorodov did this year, when it became clear that he wasn't making the Ottawa roster.

I'd be very suprised to see him make the team, even if the Wings aren't active in the UFA front. Kopecky really bottles up the roster, and I'm sure he'll get the nod before Grigs. That's a shame too, because I've always wanted to see what this guy can do.

Sammy-Franzen-Hudler

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Kopecky

Edit: forgot to say, that doesnt mean Grigs will be getting 1st line minutes - more like who his regular shifts will be with. Zetterberg can take shifts in Grigs place too.

damn, that could be a nasty top six!!! if bertuzzi can get back to form and grigorenko can close in on 100% we could put up some serious points next year.

I'd be very suprised to see him make the team, even if the Wings aren't active in the UFA front. Kopecky really bottles up the roster, and I'm sure he'll get the nod before Grigs. That's a shame too, because I've always wanted to see what this guy can do.

Well, experience wise Grigs has already played in top-lines in Russia and at a couple of World Championships (before his injuries he played on a line with Dats and Kovalchuk) and several Juniors where he won golds and was tournament MVP. If he doesn't get a spot on the Wings roster early he WON'T stay...

Sammy-Franzen-Hudler

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Kopecky

Um...It does look good...but Filps on the wing?

Sammy-Franzen-Hudler

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Kopecky

I like this, but I would put Kopecky on the third line instead of Hudler..

Sammy-Franzen-Hudler

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Kopecky

I think I would bump Sammy to play with Zetts and Homer and bump Franzen over to wing and have Flip center that line instead. Have Grigs and Kopecky battle it out for the playing time at least to start off.

Well, experience wise Grigs has already played in top-lines in Russia and at a couple of World Championships (before his injuries he played on a line with Dats and Kovalchuk) and several Juniors where he won golds and was tournament MVP. If he doesn't get a spot on the Wings roster early he WON'T stay...

Um...It does look good...but Filps on the wing?

Hes played on the wing a lot this year.

I think I would bump Sammy to play with Zetts and Homer and bump Franzen over to wing and have Flip center that line instead. Have Grigs and Kopecky battle it out for the playing time at least to start off.

Yeah, I thought about that too, but the Sammy-Hank-Homer line tanked in the being of this year. Any chemistry between Hank and Sammy has all but disappeared and Flip always seems to look good with Hank. I think the two guys are very similar and think along the same lines.

Either way, its just what the lines *could* look like.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

How is Grigorenko after that horrible injury he endured 3-4 yrs ago? Does it effect his game?

He's not the same player. He lost his spot on the national team and he didn't do all that great in the russian league this year. I saw 1 game with him and wasn't impressed. Hopefully he can turn it around in north america but i don't think he can do it as soon as he gets here; that with the smaller rink and the language barrier and whatever other adjustments he'll have to go through here.

He's not the same player. He lost his spot on the national team and he didn't do all that great in the russian league this year.

I was under the impression that the Wings didn't want him to play on the national team. Am I just making that up?

I was under the impression that the Wings didn't want him to play on the national team. Am I just making that up?

I don't know where you've heard that.

The last interview i read with him said that he was focusing on working his way back to onto the national team's roster.

Most likely it's a two-way deal. I think the Wings want to start him off in the AHL with the Griffins.

Forget it He will never play in ahl or any huihl he will go back to russialand if he is asked to go to ahl but if you are right and he signed a 2 way contract hi is a stupid mf.

Forget it He will never play in ahl or any huihl he will go back to russialand if he is asked to go to ahl but if you are right and he signed a 2 way contract hi is a stupid mf.

Um, what? :unsure: It's best not to call people 'stupid mf' when your posts read like a 9 year old girl's text message.

I don't know where you've heard that.

The last interview i read with him said that he was focusing on working his way back to onto the national team's roster.

Here's the link.

Grigorenko is in demand once again. The big clubs from both the Superleague and the NHL are interested in him and are even going to court over him. The Lada forward is consistently invited to the national team but for some reason his club is against it.

It's from August of '06 but has he really fallen off that much since then?